Technical Issues, Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

heya! i have some issues regarding the install of BoE mod.

it halts at where the bar is, looks like 90% ish but according to the numbers left of the bar its completed?

then when i click launch im getting the "file not found" msg

http://imgur.com/a/dR1VH

warband is located on my c:
i start the launcher as admin
ive tried to copy the launcher into warband dir as well as warband mod dir
ive tried to disable firealls and antivira

hilfe pl0x! i wanna try your mod!  :grin:

for a start, it would be really nice to know what data the launcher is downloading and where its storing it :p

have a nice day

BR

(btw sorry if this issue has been up already, i havent read previous posts.  :oops:)

Sniger said:

it halts at where the bar is, looks like 90% ish but according to the numbers left of the bar its completed?

for a start, it would be really nice to know what data the launcher is downloading and where its storing it :p

have a nice day

BR

(btw sorry if this issue has been up already, i havent read previous posts.  :oops:)

have you tried checking the box "force"? also, make sure your running it in direct x 9

really noone? :C

reading all the BoE posts various places have totally hyped me i really wanna try it out lol please help me. if only the laucher told me what data its downloading and to where, it would be alot easier to fail-test.

Vralek said:
this message in response to _Sebastian_ Yes i do have all the mnb games on steam, if i try to install mnb warband on steam, my 35th level character on c-rpg doesn't load anymore as it's the gamestop/paradox cd key, so i then would lose all those hrs on that to start again on steam.

If you uninstall the steam warband the launcher will take the non-steam one. Make sure that there is no "SteamApps/common/MountBlade Warband" folder as it's what the launcher is checking for.

mcwiggum said:
Tried to update the launcher earlier today, came up as malare (Avast antivirus)

I'm sure it's a false positive....  :grin:      :smile:      :neutral:    :???: right...

It's an executable which read the registry (to locate warband) download external files (the boe sources) and copy it into your computer then run another .exe (the wse launcher). This is what a typical virus would do so I'm not surprise it's flagged like hell.

Antivirus can't know that something is a virus (unless it has been recorded in their database) but it knows if something can be dangerous by checking what api it calls and what actions it does.

To clarify: it's like if I give you drink, maybe I pissed in it, maybe not. You can't know unless you taste it. But why would I piss in your drink ? I'm the bartender so it would hurt my business.

Sniger said:

have a nice day

BR

after ive downloaded the full .zip i realized that ive used non-steam wb version and im guessing thats what been causing my issues. sorry bout that but i reckon that i wont be the only one forgetting about this minor detail so it needs to be fixed regardless ^^

Ammo bug for crossbows / arquebus / pistol

It seems like occasionally ammo will break for some or all people in the server.  I've seen it happen repeatedly in TDM, not sure if it is just that server though.  I've seen admins re start the server to fix this glitch, but the glitch can get even worse.

if ammo breaks and there is some ammo lying on the ground, it is possible to instantly reload your weapon by picking up the ammunition.  I saw somebody abuse this glitch to machine gun down a whole team with an arquebus. 

Hello, ill try to explain the problem as clear as possible:
Browser - i have bought red matchlock arqeubise, i have strength 7 and power reload 2. I can clearly see it IS in my inventory and i have already armed it. Saved and launching the game.
In-game - Match starts. I select my equipment. The red matchlock arqeibus is nowhere to found - not in my arms, not in my inventory, just the stone bullets and couple mellee weapons i bought.
Back to browser - I check everything, try to remove stuff, replace stuff, relocate stuff, reload stuff. returning to game.
In-game - no change. Going to forums.
Forums - HELP PLZZZZ!!!

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
Browser - i have bought red matchlock arqeubise, i have strength 7 and power reload 2. I can clearly see it IS in my inventory and i have already armed it. Saved and launching the game.
In-game - Match starts. I select my equipment. The red matchlock arqeibus is nowhere to found - not in my arms, not in my inventory, just the stone bullets and couple mellee weapons i bought.
Back to browser - I check everything, try to remove stuff, replace stuff, relocate stuff, returning to game.
Forums - HELP PLZZZZ!!!

Try to reload the site and check if your arquebuse is really there.

GuiKa said:
Matiss_Veinbergs said:
Back to browser - I check everything, try to remove stuff, replace stuff, relocate stuff, reload stuff. returning to game.
Forums - HELP PLZZZZ!!!

Try to reload the site and check if your arquebuse is really there.

Read one more time everything i said above

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
Read one more time everything i said above

By reload I meant F5 or relaunch your browser, also try to empty the cache (Ctrl + R usually).

If you still can see your arquebuse on the site but not the game give me your character name, I'll check the database for abnormalities.
If there is not any problem on the db then it's most likely a bug from the game server so we'll have to try to reproduce it ourselves.

I got some problems with the multiplicator.
Since lv 1 i have not had anything over 1000 exp unless I killed or harmed an enemy.
Would some please check this up i would like to have the penalty i recived weighed up :sad:

My ingame name is: Emperor_Wilhelm

Diablos_IX__ said:
I got some problems with the multiplicator.
Since lv 1 i have not had anything over 1000 exp unless I killed or harmed an enemy.
Would some please check this up i would like to have the penalty i recived weighed up :sad:

My ingame name is: Emperor_Wilhelm

According to the database you haven't won a single round, which is weird actually. Can you confirm that after a win you still do not receive more exp ?

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
You still hadnt read everything. Well nevermind. My charchter name is my forums name.

Everything is normal on the database / web service, the arquebuse is there and is sent in the request to the game server. It is possibly a slot bug as you have the arquebus equipped in your build. This is usually fixed when we restart the game server and come back after a while.
Having the weapon not equipped in the site when you join the server may fix this issue and if it is indeed the slot bug Sebastian may have fixed it already on the dev environment.
And I see that you have Jarids with your arquebus, don't they use the same slot ?

I am bloody level 26 and ... yes i am sure to have won rounds before  :lol:

Edit: sorry I can confirm not having gained more exp after winning a round

Its a bug that seems to affect around 30% of the players, we're working on it right now.

The affected player should have had an average mult bonus of 1 (+500 experience and +5 gold) per ticks if they weren't affected by the bug.
This has been calculated by taking the averaged mult of 153 players not affected by the bug.

We'll talk refound when it's fixed.

I didn't even know multis were in this game, so I guess that has affected me too.

Anyways, I found that if you shoot a Wheelock Pistol right as somebody hits you, it allows you to fire again instantly. Both the smoke and the sound goes off twice, unsure if the bullet actually launches twice. I've had this happen to me on 2 occasions, and i'm unsure if its possible to recreate it and do it on purpose, or if it was just a random bug that i've been lucky enough to experience multiple times. I mentioned it in chat on NA at the time, and a few other people confirmed they saw it too.

Back
Top Bottom