TEATRC tribute & universe expansion

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Hello everybody, I decided to create this thread to make it a place for everyone to share one's visions and ideas for the TEATRC (still small, but who knows?) universe. But, unlike in the "Suggestions" topic, I don't want this topic to collect ideas which MIGHT be realised in the future releases of this awesome mod, but what COULD appear there, but it WON"t due to Mount&Blade's engine's limitations and so on, etc. etc. Free your imagination and discuss :smile:

I can't say I come with nothing. It happens I love drawing various stuff (usually at school) and I always look for inspiration. TEATRC seemed a natural one to me and I wanted to create some kind of fanart, but I decided to draw an expansion for the mod's universe. Let me show you my first two ideas of TEATRC warships :smile:
Laurian heavy war galleons patrolling around Wercheg:

Vaegir oar-powered grand galley (a galleass) in skirmish against a small Laurian naval force:

These were drawn at school during really boring lessons, with a 2B pencil on A4 paper, if such information is relevant to anybody :wink:

If you also draw, or create other stuff and are willing to join my little initiative, go for it! :grin:

Merlkir

dude, you're good! It's obvious you know a lot about ships. I couldn't draw a ship ever, not this awesome anyway. Very fitting and convincing.

DSparil

Baron
Best answers
Ha! awesome! :grin:
I love it when you people make art of the mod, once I return home I'll compile all of it in one thread.
On topic: I would love to do add an "arcanum" approach to the mod, In the sense of having a world that really feels alive with tons of unique quests, characters, a humongous world, etc. I dont know how much can be done, so I'll go slowly.

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
D'Sparil said:
I love it when you people make art of the mod, once I return home I'll compile all of it in one thread.
Shame I haven't checked before if no one had tried that already  :eek:
D'Sparil said:
On topic: I would love to do add an "arcanum" approach to the mod, In the sense of having a world that really feels alive with tons of unique quests, characters, a humongous world, etc. I dont know how much can be done, so I'll go slowly.
I don't want to 'infiltrate' the mod's further creation in too deep, but I must admit that - in terms of characters, locations, devices etc. - I had and still have new ideas, even if it wouldn't be possible to implement them into TEATRC due to the limits of the module system (or their weirdness) :smile: I'll try to draw as many of them as I can, and I ecnourage you all to do the same :grin: It would be a stupid feeling of being 'the only one', at least for me.. :smile:

Swadius 2.0

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
D'Sparil said:
Ha! awesome! :grin:
Is it possible to change the roads into rails?

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Swadius said:
Is it possible to change the roads into rails?
Sounds like steampunk :eek:

Another proof that school is boring. I'm proud to present a brand new (Holy) Swadian battle wagon! :twisted: (during the siege of castle Grunwalder)

and a close-up:

Merlkir

**** that's awesome! :grin: and I think it should be doable in MaB's engine..to some extent.

Swadius 2.0

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Fan-****ing-tastic!

I wonder if it's implementable with that chariot thing Mirathei came up with.

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
I think it would be a too complex vehicle, but decent cannons gonna appear in a couple of mods, so who knows :grin: But then it would get dangerously near to Warhammer's Imperial steam tank. :wink: Maybe we should think not about steampunk, but somethig like Vinci-punk :grin:

Tzsak

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Haha, that's brilliant. I think that sort of thing should belong to the Imperial State or Laurians though :razz:

SXIII

Knight
Best answers
Maybe this could lead to a new feature -> wagon siege  :mrgreen:

I would look awsome to have some sort of a chariot. Maybe have an ox pulling it instead of horses and give it a bigger charge bonus as well as lances or gunmen posts.

Birger Jarl

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
Woah, those are some neat drawings! Though the wagon ones are rather funny, in a tragic sort of way - no matter how armoured the wagon is, you could put it out of commission by just killing the unarmored and unprotected horses.

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Birger Jarl said:
Woah, those are some neat drawings! Though the wagon ones are rather funny, in a tragic sort of way - no matter how armoured the wagon is, you could put it out of commission by just killing the unarmored and unprotected horses.
Well, I do admit I wanted this idea to be absurd and just plainly entertaining :grin:

Birger Jarl

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Best answers
jan_boruta said:
Birger Jarl said:
Well, I do admit I wanted this idea to be absurd and just plainly entertaining :grin:
And deliciously absurd they are. One starts to fantasize about an Imperial equivalent. Guns everywhere.  :razz:

Boomie

Knight at Arms
Best answers
That's bloody awesome! Finally, some War Wagons for the gunpowder era. Any chance to implement the new artillery systems with some of those contraptions of yer's?

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
"The Peninsular War" mod and "Age of Machinery" are a sign that artillery can be introduced to M&B, but does TEATRC really need it? Maybe during sieges, but not on the battlefield. Kaiserlich cannoneers are just enough  :lol:

By the way. My classmates, also M&B players, suggested that I could work on new characters for the Eagle and the Radiant Cross instead of devices which will never appear. I think otherwise, but I hastily did a couple of sketches of new guys, I thought about new factions and their leaders in particular. Though I don't think they are really necessary and it's D'Sparil who makes up the story :grin:
But, there are two handsome rulers, the names of their countries and ideas of their banners:
King Iohann IV Eirik of the Haelmar Union (idea based on Sweden)

and Prince-Sovereign Istvan Aleksy of the Grand Duchy (based on Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Hungary of the XVIth century)

This is what I could do in M&B (it has limitations..)

Possible units of the Haelmar League (standarised army):
-extensive use of technologically superior muskets (back to the future! *main theme*), though not in such numbers as the Kaiserlichs use arquebuses and calivers;
-reasonable and well-trained pikemen, but not as strong ans their Laurian and Swadian counterparts;
-aggressive and ferocius Reiters, using one-and-a-half swords, wearing breastplates and plumed hats.

Possible units of the Grand Duchy:
-western-style arquebusiers, small numbers;
-chosen pikemen with short spears, halberdiers - weak armour;
-eastern-style light cavalry, mixed with the western flavour - sabres and small round shields, wearing mail armour, simple helmets with mail neckguard;
-voluntary cavalry - petty noblemen armed with sabres, maces and pistols, weak in armour but ferocius in battle;
-occasional heavy cavalry - cickeson (correct spelling?) helmets, half armour, strong lance and sabre.

Ahh, fantasies :grin: I could think about the story to both my new factions, but I repeat, I'm not the one who made this mod, I've no right to interfere so much :grin:

jan_boruta

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
I though exactly about the winged hussars, I'm from Poland.. ;D But I think they are often strongly abused, especially by the Poles themselves, so I wanted to avoid using that name... :wink:

I've got the Imperial State's naval armoured gunship to finish and will start drawing my imaginary factions' soldiers... just for fun, I think. :smile: