TEATRC tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

hi, my favorite aspect of M&B is tactics. (its is also a big part of the game :razz:) And TEATRC is a mod where the different factions' weaknesses and strengths are quite different. The great advanced formations with standard bearers and all makes tactics in the mod a bit harder, but also more interesting than in Native or other mods. Anyway, here are my questions:
  • what faction do you play?
  • why do you play that faction?
  • what army composition do you have? (what units/unit types do you have and ca how many of each)
  • what tactics do you employ in different situations?

its not neccessary to answer all of them if you reply to this thread, these are just to help you bring out your tactics  :mrgreen: It is also allowed to share your opinions on others tactics, to help them perfect what they are doing.

Anyway, here are my answers right now. Have just started playing this mod, so my tactics are far from perfected. (also a reason why I started this thread :razz:)
  • I play the Lion Throne
  • I like the heavy armor and heavy shielded units, they look awesome and I like the idea of the slow pile of death closing in on the opposition + they are incredible in sieges.
  • Right now I have just made my army out of heavy infantry, plus some companions on horse to take down either enemy cavalry or undefended archer lines.
  • When on open fields I start by making all my units into one big tight pile around my standard bearers. If the enemy has charging cavalry I try to get up on a small hill and hold position there. If they camp at a mountain with archers/ranged units I advance on them slowly making sure my units are tight together and are keeping their shields up all the way. As soon as my infantry gets close enugh to draw they enemy infantry I let my small group of cavalry charge the enemy archers in the back. In sieges I just let my troops charge on 

Filaharn vult, brother! Lion Throne all the way!

One of the main things I like about the Pope's military is the look. There is nothing quite as intimidating as a line of Propugnators. Another is the durability and versatility of the Propugnator/Brigadier. They can do anything! Siege assault? Check. Siege defense? Check. The curbstomping of peasants who won't pay their taxes to the Pope? :twisted: CHECK.
My favorite (and only) tactic for field battles was to use the formation system and have the Propugnators form a solid clump.
  • Melee cavalry? They would charge. Our formation would absorb the impact with little damage (due to our heavy armor), then hack the enemy to pieces with our massed swords.
  • Ranged cavalry? They would shoot. We would soak up their missiles with our shields and armor. They would eventually run out of ammunition, charge, and meet the same fate as the melee cavalry.
  • Melee infantry? In my experience, nothing can match a Propugnator/Brigadier one-on-one in close combat.
  • Ranged infantry? The same as ranged cavalry, except we advance towards the enemy in close order, until we could hack them to pieces with our massed swords.
There is one particular example of the sheer manliness that the Brigade embodies that jumps to mind. Guymelef, myself, and 24 Propugnators were attack by 69 Vaegir Guards. I stationed the Propugnators in a line on the crest of a large hill, while Guymelef and I (both equipped as Cavalry of the Radiant Cross) harassed the enemy as they raggedly advanced up the slope. They were killed to a man. The Propugnators took no casualties and never moved from the the crest of the hill. Our only casualty was Guymelef, who, despite being mounted on a warhorse, despite having the ability to couch his lance and thereby achieve one-hit-kills by simply riding into the enemy, managed to get himself unhorsed and wounded.

Idiot.

Darn Filaharnists. I like to send my cheese-enhanced Haelmarian Commandos in a random charge. Works. Especially with the stens.

Lion throne 4ever  :grin:

* what faction do you play? lion throne XD (mostly)
    * why do you play that faction? shield, cav and nice armor
    * what army composition do you have? 10 schwarzen cuirassier, 5 men at arms, 5 reiters, 10 cav of radiant cross, 10 infantry of radiant cross (elite, u know upgraded brigadiers), some vet ellisian inf, 5 sterletsy, 5 Vaegir guards and some gunners of imperial army and 10 archers (+ some various infantry and gunners)
    * what tactics do you employ in different situations? guns line up before inf and me and my cav just go around and sandwich them  :grin:

if i am outnumbered i line my guns up (with me) my inf 10 steps back and my cav hided and i let them charge if the enemy reaches me... (btw guns = always highest position at the map)

and if i play with halaemar union i just spam guns and pikes XD

?? who are they?? btw how can you recruit specials like the pedes, sheep knights, schwarzen cuirassier without declaring war?? adn caputre them? :grin:

tnx

Strange, its been a long time since I've seen young Filaharnists... Reminds me of me...

24 propugnators vs 69 vaegir guards? Thank yourself that you found a hill and you managed to raise 24 vindicated brigadiers. But in C3, brigadiers get chewed up by the vaeger horde. The only way to be safe is to be in of equal numbers.

You are right, nothing can match a brigadier in close combat, but our brave tin cans are outnumbered, and will be beaten by more numerous enemies, and on an equal basis, a laurian pike tercio will destroy brigadiers.

I know the looks in your eyes, if I could see them now. You all think brigadiers are Space Marines...
I would like to remind you that they are not Space Marines...
Well in body no, but in mind probably, but not that much. They would still run after seeing so much casualties or something terrifying like a dozen swadian war wagons with no friendly LT auxiliary support in site. , those that do not are either dead or insane... which in turn become propugnators.

Hehehe

Please don't turn them into cowboys. Brigadiers are professional soldiers given training that is roughly equivalent to that of a medieval knight's life training and instilled with a deep belief in Filaharn's ways... Which is to kill all those who believe the weaker gods.

All I'm saying is that their game equivalent isn't that strong as what we think of them in lore. I've been playing EATRC addictively for ten months now... I now their strengths and weaknesses, don't underrate me, I'm the resident Filaharnist aside from Tiberius Maximus and D'Sparil.

on the "you wanna piece of me boy", that was a reference to the Marine unit from Starcraft which says that when being trained from a barracks. You calling the brigadiers space marines made me think of them, and they actually are a bit similar with their armor to the marines from Starcraft.

FuryFire said:
I know the looks in your eyes, if I could see them now. You all think brigadiers are Space Marines...
I would like to remind you that they are not Space Marines...
Well in body no, but in mind probably, but not that much. They would still run after seeing so much casualties or something terrifying like a dozen swadian war wagons with no friendly LT auxiliary support in site. , those that do not are either dead or insane... which in turn become propugnators.

woooooooot space marine, BURN THE HERTIC
would be fun... Brigadiers VS tiranyds

grtz
and what about those ellisian rebs?

You rowdy Filaharnists. Your armor is thick, your shields are strong, but the cannon corps of the Imperial State are all stronger. Arranged in proper battle line formation the army of the Kaiser becomes an unstoppable engine of lead spewing death capable of routing even the largest and most well disciplined foe.

Cathedralsqaure said:
You rowdy Filaharnists. Your armor is thick, your shields are strong, but the cannon corps of the Imperial State are all stronger. Arranged in proper battle line formation the army of the Kaiser becomes an unstoppable engine of lead spewing death capable of routing even the largest and most well disciplined foe.

nah just kill them with a ****load of cav  :grin:
dead to the kaiser, go LT and HU

IF you could raise enough cannoneers to raise a cannon corps.

But as it is, most likely you'll rely on your precious guards... And pray that you'll find higher ground, cause without it the brigade will just march right into your precious firing line turning that corps into corpses. :twisted:

Last time I played TEATRC I played as Imperial State. I have tried having very many canoneers in my army and I would say it isnt that great. If you have a big pile of enemy Lion Throne Brigadiers advancing slowly on you, then perhaps its good. For sieges and basically all types of enemies its better to go with those guys with several shots before each reload. (cant remember the name)

It the Kaiserlicher Repeaters... With their repeating rifles.. But then again, that weapon really isn't that accurate. These guys are more intended to be close ranged decimators.

Its better to stick with the good old (literally), IS Guards with their double barreled calivers.

Yea, that was what I had most of my army consisting of, I just noticed I got better killing efficiency when I increased the amount of repeater rifle dudes, and assumed that tons of them were good.

The caliver really is the best firearm imo, thats the one Im using now because of its great damage and accuracy and ability to reload sometime this century (unlike the elephant gun) Repeater rifle is very good when encountering bandits in towns an villages though  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom