TEATRC tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally, a fellow Swadian.
Excellent topic... I do believe we have found the strategy section for the HSE wiki.

On another note... after playing with them for a awhile now, I decree that BERMIANESE SWORDSMEN really are the BEST SWORDSMEN in the world. A squad of them that sticks together can beat anyone from propugnators to roderleros. I loves them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I prefer the Imperial State's lazy tactic. Just stand there and bomb the bastards with double barreled calivers, repeater gunners and cannoneers. They fall like wheat before they can reach my men, especially if they use formations. Formation + cannon = easy picking.

I like a glorius Swadian Knights charge , nothing can stop them ! , except the pikemen , but they fall in front of the Sharpshooters . Also the Doppelsoldners and Pikemen are excellent soldiers . I use all the mentioned troops in the battle . 

Regards

Nothing beats the firepower of the Imperial State, to me. And add a few melee mercenaries to the mix and you have an unstoppable force. I'm not talking about sieges, where cannoneers are doing an insane job on raping the ennemy, whoever that ennemy is.

Ha... you and your precious overwhelming firepower. Wait till you meet the infamous vaegir shock cavalry or the legendary winged hussars.

What I'ld like to know is why every faction with a standard bearer insists on a rightwards drift towards your lines. Makes your tactics monotonous.

Spear/shieldwall left flank, gunners center, archers right flank and slightly forward to counter enemy gunners, cavalry right flank to sweep up leftover gunners then crash into infantry mass. Rinse and repeat.

And for my money, Ormeli have the best troops. Janissaries with elephant guns are fricking snipers, and everyone else pulls their weight.

Diavolo said:
[*]what faction do you play?
[*]why do you play that faction?
[*]what army composition do you have? (what units/unit types do you have and ca how many of each)
[*]what tactics do you employ in different situations?

* Ormeli Empire (useless but cool)
*Originally because I am Khergit type player but that failed
*Sipahis and Akinjis mostly upgraded
*For the initial charge hold fire, break their line then pick off stragglers and the clusterf*** of reinforcements.

Unfortuneatly the Ormeli cavalry do not match those of the Khergit Khanate and as of late I have been forced to dilute my army with Jannisaries and Voyniks

* what faction do you play? 
        * why do you play that faction?
        * what army composition do you have? (what units/unit types do you have and ca how many of each)
        * what tactics do you employ in different situations?

-Imperial state
        -Because it's based on firepower.
        -40xCannoneers,30xRepeaters,10xGuards,10xCuirassiers,2xBanner carriers
        -I make sure the cannoneers are splittered so they don't ****ing own eachother in case of enemy infantry breaking the lines.I usually put them in high ground so enemies can't even get to them.

How in the world do you fight the stress of maintaining the upkeep of an army like that?

-Currently serving in the HSE
-Because it's a challenge controlling a mixed army, and I like the "beset from all sides feel"
-Of course its mighty knights, but I keep it at a minimum of 25% (with support cavalry). The rest are landsknecht blocks with mercenary infantry, halberdiers, crossbowmen, and the occasional bermianese and another 25% for a mixed force of crossbowmen and gunners.
-Currently a student of Sir Gawain's tactics. Doing hammer and anvils. But usually, I use the cavalry to disrupt enemy skirmishers, so that my formidable mixed infantry reach the line safely, that's when the massacre begins.

FuryFire said:
-Currently a student of Sir Gawain's tactics. Doing hammer and anvils. But usually, I use the cavalry to disrupt enemy skirmishers, so that my formidable mixed infantry reach the line safely, that's when the massacre begins.

I'm honored.  :mrgreen:

Yes, concentrating on crossbows is an effective counter to gun reliant missile troops as they crossbow is faster and more accurate at range.  Bows are fast but don't quite pack the punch required to engage the more well armored Guards troops.  I tend to stay away from relying on Sharpshooters; the blunderbuss doesn't quite have the characteristics to best fit a close support role(and it is trounced against Arq or Calivers for range/accuracy).  I'd much prefer a Handgonner set, good damage with fast reload(short barrel) but accuracy that only counts when your right on top of 'em(where pikes are effective :wink:).  I do ramble.

One thing to note is that (depending on your battlesizer) you don't want too many infantry mercenaries. Since your pike block will be less effective if the majority is composed of swordsman and not actual landsknechts.

Mercenary footman and infantry are effective, especially if you get lucky by hiring the ones with the morning stars. Sharpshooters add another layer of medium armor and shields, so I include them 50-50 with my crossbowmen. When I want to, I send in the skirmishers to actually enter close combat, distracting the enemy, until the pike block arrives. Their war picks, swords and shields can actually be effective.

Fascinating, sending in the skirmishers, I never thought of that.  I guess they are just somewhat glorified footmen, and the only Swadians that carry a schild.  I must try this!  Maybe, since it appears many believe Swadia is a little underbalanced, the gunners and such could have a slight boost in melee ability or durability to give them an edge with this tactic, or not, if it so displeases the court.

Back
Top Bottom