TEAM USA 2013 : Let Freedom Ring

Users who are viewing this thread

These pingmatches are **** actually but the ping differnece on turkish server: 140+
on US-server: 120+

That's certainly not a nice way to lose, unfortunate that the Turks decided to play in that fashion. Then again, so many people try to abuse the game in many different ways, it's hard to play Warband and have a legitimate good fight, these days.

Vasilidean said:
2 spawns in USA. 1 spawn in Turkey, and 1 in Hungary...
At Hungary, Rayden had the same ping with Bohemond by the way.
One of the USA spawns was in New York, another was Chicago.
The distance in latitude between Chicago and New York is about the same as that of Hungary and Turkey

BlackTide said:
That's certainly not a nice way to lose, unfortunate that the Turks decided to play in that fashion. Then again, so many people try to abuse the game in many different ways, it's hard to play Warband and have a legitimate good fight, these days.

I guess its just extra frustrating b/c we play so different in NA. We purposefully don't do things because we see them as flaws in the game or just plain silly to do (archers w/ shields for example). NC really isn't the best place to test our mettle b/c it really is under different mentality.

Intentionally drawing is a humiliating joke in NA and you would never field a team ever again if you tried to win that way...but it is an international tournament so as long as the majority of the teams see drawing as tactics there is nothing we can do about it. I doubt, however, there will be another US team tbh...this has gone on too long.

If I'm not mistaken Turkey is gonna face either Finland or Russia next week. Don't know what that has to do with Germany, but fair enough. Reputation is not everything, right Koray? :lol:

kebab-hospital-antep.jpg

GF America.

~Scar said:
If I'm not mistaken Turkey is gonna face either Finland or Russia next week. Don't know what that has to do with Germany, but fair enough. Reputation is not everything, right Koray? :lol:
Hope team turkey will face team germoney on final match :wink:

To wrap this deal up, appreciate a number of people.  I'd make a list but this isn't some damn acceptance speech.  :razz:  There were a number of good times and a number of frustrating times.  We had a strong team and that showed often in the pre-lims as well in our knock-out match.  As expected, scheduling was the toughest part of being captain and it proved itself again this year.  I do appreciate everyone's time and effort that went into Team USA. 

As for the Turkey match, I typed out a lot of stuff and realized I didn't like it at all.  I know I promised screens and steam chat but the steam chat is gone and I'm just over everything so not taking time to find screens.

So here comes the bullet points:

• TR agreed to the whole match on UK server which I was all for.  UK server has been Ddos'd for 2 weeks now.  Provider hosted the server with NC_2013UK as the name from Germany.
  • Ottoman living in France would give him 15 ping if the match was played on UK, while everyone else would have 90-100.  I had no way to get one of my players at 15, hence the gross imbalance.
  • Rayden, Ottoman, and Napolean had continually "offered" to raise Ottoman's ping through torrents.  Not only is this unstable and cannot completely guarantee his ping will be high the entire match, it's completely unethical.  By the time of the match I had no way of trusting whether the pings I saw were actually what the pings were.
  • Turkey forced a TR server so I was forced to use a central US server to try and balance things out.
  • Upon returning to the TR server, half my team's ping was raised by +50.  So members that were 170 were now 220.  Upon asking what happened, I'm met with "You agreed to the server."  :roll:  I didn't agree to the server, I agreed to the team's ping on each server.  I explained the server was unstable and unfit for play. 
  • We finally move to the Hungary server, which is where we should have been all along.  When we looked to swap back to our server, I was typing the offer for the New York instead of the Central server when the demand was received by them.  I had no issues with this as it would be a balanced ping trade.
  • We actually almost won the round that became a draw for on Hungary server.  Was down to a 2v2 and our guys fought up until the end.
  • They still try to insist Ottoman play when my lowest player just finished playing at 140 ping on Hungary and Ottoman is going to be 79 on the New York server.  :roll:
  • After they drew the round to "win" the match, they began hurling insults.  They were then kicked after hurling such insults, and not before.  Rayden, your team was kicked because the were insulting my team and no other reason.
  • I didn't say GG because frankly it wasn't and I"m not going to lie.  I do, in fact, take it as a complement Turkey chose the easy way out by drawing rounds instead of actually trying to beat us.  I honestly wasn't impressed with their team's overall skill, outside of a few snapshot archers.  Honestly, I would have drew rounds to "win" if I had to face us too.

The End

Thanks Team USA 

-Mad

On the first map USA's highest ping was 176, Turkey's highest ping was 221, on the Hungary server USA averaged 160 ping turkey had and average of 25, on USA's server turkey averaged 180 ping(+20 on USA) and USA had an average of 31(+6 on Turkey). So for the first map the ping is in USA's favour overall, ping wise.

On second map USA's highest ping was 145, Turkey's highest ping was 173, on the Hungary server USA averaged 129 ping and turkey's average was 64, on USA's server Turkey averaged 152(+23 on USA) and USA averaged 25(-38 on Turkey). This is also in favour of USA overall.

If anything Turkey has the right to complain, you all agreed on a UK server, when that was unavailable because of ottoman's ping, the only real alternative would be to do home-away, as a mainland Europe server such as France would in all likelihood give a constantly better ping to turkey. You had much higher pings in the Turkish server so Turkey agreed to go to Hungary, at the expense of there own ping as shown above. As for drawing to win the match it's a perfectly valid thing to do, happens frequently. I think the attitude you show in the screenshots and on the score thread and here too may help to explain the insults, you didn't allow a player to play, and then say they turned warband into "one of the gayest games" and accused them of being unsportsmanlike and just here taking a dig at there skills, surely you can see the irony? some of the worst hypocrites I've seen in a while.

As for Turkey taking the easy way out explain to me how they had an unfair ping advantage over you, you had the ping advantage, you lost badly, you try to find an excuse and do everything you can except gracefully accept defeat and move on (it's been 3 days now) and/or look at your own mistakes as every other team will and has done.

Lord_David said:
On the first map USA's highest ping was 176, Turkey's highest ping was 221, on the Hungary server USA averaged 160 ping turkey had and average of 25, on USA's server turkey averaged 180 ping(+20 on USA) and USA had an average of 31(+6 on Turkey). So for the first map the ping is in USA's favour overall, ping wise.

On second map USA's highest ping was 145, Turkey's highest ping was 173, on the Hungary server USA averaged 129 ping and turkey's average was 64, on USA's server Turkey averaged 152(+23 on USA) and USA averaged 25(-38 on Turkey). This is also in favour of USA overall.

If anything Turkey has the right to complain, you all agreed on a UK server, when that was unavailable because of ottoman's ping, the only real alternative would be to do home-away, as a mainland Europe server such as France would in all likelihood give a constantly better ping to turkey. You had much higher pings in the Turkish server so Turkey agreed to go to Hungary, at the expense of there own ping as shown above. As for drawing to win the match it's a perfectly valid thing to do, happens frequently. I think the attitude you show in the screenshots and on the score thread and here too may help to explain the insults, you didn't allow a player to play, and then say they turned warband into "one of the gayest games" and accused them of being unsportsmanlike and just here taking a dig at there skills, surely you can see the irony? some of the worst hypocrites I've seen in a while.

As for Turkey taking the easy way out explain to me how they had an unfair ping advantage over you, you had the ping advantage, you lost badly, you try to find an excuse and do everything you can except gracefully accept defeat and move on (it's been 3 days now) and/or look at your own mistakes as every other team will and has done.

At first I wondered how so much **** could spew from your mouth but then I realized it's because your head is lodged so far up your ass.

Back
Top Bottom