TEAM USA 2013 : Let Freedom Ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_David said:
On the first map USA's highest ping was 176, Turkey's highest ping was 221, on the Hungary server USA averaged 160 ping turkey had and average of 25, on USA's server turkey averaged 180 ping(+20 on USA) and USA had an average of 31(+6 on Turkey). So for the first map the ping is in USA's favour overall, ping wise.

On second map USA's highest ping was 145, Turkey's highest ping was 173, on the Hungary server USA averaged 129 ping and turkey's average was 64, on USA's server Turkey averaged 152(+23 on USA) and USA averaged 25(-38 on Turkey). This is also in favour of USA overall.

If anything Turkey has the right to complain, you all agreed on a UK server, when that was unavailable because of ottoman's ping, the only real alternative would be to do home-away, as a mainland Europe server such as France would in all likelihood give a constantly better ping to turkey. You had much higher pings in the Turkish server so Turkey agreed to go to Hungary, at the expense of there own ping as shown above. As for drawing to win the match it's a perfectly valid thing to do, happens frequently. I think the attitude you show in the screenshots and on the score thread and here too may help to explain the insults, you didn't allow a player to play, and then say they turned warband into "one of the gayest games" and accused them of being unsportsmanlike and just here taking a dig at there skills, surely you can see the irony? some of the worst hypocrites I've seen in a while.

As for Turkey taking the easy way out explain to me how they had an unfair ping advantage over you, you had the ping advantage, you lost badly, you try to find an excuse and do everything you can except gracefully accept defeat and move on (it's been 3 days now) and/or look at your own mistakes as every other team will and has done.

So you find an explanation of what happened to my team, and turn it into your personal soapbox?  Seems legit.  Well that's some pretty strong detetive work there, holmes.  I guess maybe the biggest thing you could do is reread everything to improve comprehension before spouting off about something you feel I said.  I actually never said we were at a ping disadvantage...so no clue what all the fancy math is about.  (We don't math 2 gud hear in Muricah)

Also we didn't play on the UK server...because there is no UK server.  I'm not sure how you missed that.  Otto's ping had nothing to do with it. 

I can't see anywhere I appealed or "whined" about the "loss" and did not accept defeat.  In fact we have no issue accepting defeat. (Please see GER vs USA and the aftermath...which was GG's)  And I'm not saying them drawing high ping rounds to gain an advantage is against the rules, I'm just saying how gay it is.  If I were looking for something like that, which I'm not and fine with NC being over for me personally, I certainly would do it here.  It would be in Deacon's Inbox so the only person that actually matters to the situation would recieve what I'm saying.

Lastly, there is a big difference between, "we didn't care how you chose to play this match." and "FU, MOtherF'reR!!!!!!"

Also...this:

Unicorn said:
Lord_David said:
you lost badly
totally whooped us yo. look at all those rounds we los-- Wait...

While I agree that delaying to tie rounds is a shady tactic, I'm disappointed it wasn't expected. Most of the complaints are coming from BkS, too. You guys of all people know to not make artificial barriers to success, and expect people to play by your personal rules. It's a losing attitude. You taught me that.

Shemaforash said:
Turkey is better, but especially Kaltviens insults are not acceptable, then again not allowing one of the Turkish players to play is not acceptable. Time to move on.

161243-cracked-proline-hull-thread-update-sweep-20under-20carpet.jpg
The Americans are entitled to be annoyed, you turn up to a match expecting to play a team not to play tig (or tag as the Americans prefer to call it). There was a similar incident with the Ukrainian team last year, about having a low ping and the ruling by the admins was not to let a particular Ukrainian player play due to the ping difference.
I'd be annoyed if I were in the American's position. 

I wrote about that incident in some thread, should read it. The reason he wasn't allowed to play was because he didn't join any other matches except for that one, nor did he show himself during the ping test to get a fair server.

Shemaforash said:
I wrote about that incident in some thread, should read it. The reason he wasn't allowed to play was because he didn't join any other matches except for that one, nor did he show himself during the ping test to get a fair server.
Ok, hypothetical.  He did show up for the ping test or he was known by the administration.  How do you get a "fair server" when Ukraine has someone with low ping because they live in the USA, and USA has noone living in Ukraine to balance him out?

Shemaforash said:

I did read your post and I disagreed with it. The reason that Givi was stopped from playing was because of his unfair ping advantage. The fair ping testing was irrelevant, the advantage to the other team was viewed as being too great. Rather than complain about it at the end of the match, the US team on both occasions addressed the issue outright.

MrNomNom said:
blak said:
At first I wondered how so much **** could spew from your mouth but then I realized it's because your head is lodged so far up your ass.

Oh really classy, really great way to respond to criticism.

Hey noms, if you can't follow a discussion or don't want to follow a discussion then just shut up. Several asinine statements were made...and were called out for being such.
Nom pls 

Fehnor said:
While I agree that delaying to tie rounds is a shady tactic, I'm disappointed it wasn't expected. Most of the complaints are coming from BkS, too. You guys of all people know to not make artificial barriers to success, and expect people to play by your personal rules. It's a losing attitude. You taught me that.

I said multiple times it would be an issue, as it has in years past. So it was totally expected. Most complaints are coming from BkS? You mean me? I expect people to play the game which means not forcing draws. That is very different than playing different than other people. People just don't seem to understand how not wearing a helm, and forcing a draw are totally different issues...

On the first map USA's highest ping was 176, Turkey's highest ping was 221, on the Hungary server USA averaged 160 ping turkey had and average of 25, on USA's server turkey averaged 180 ping(+20 on USA) and USA had an average of 31(+6 on Turkey). So for the first map the ping is in USA's favour overall, ping wise.

On second map USA's highest ping was 145, Turkey's highest ping was 173, on the Hungary server USA averaged 129 ping and turkey's average was 64, on USA's server Turkey averaged 152(+23 on USA) and USA averaged 25(-38 on Turkey). This is also in favour of USA overall.

If anything Turkey has the right to complain, you all agreed on a UK server, when that was unavailable because of ottoman's ping, the only real alternative would be to do home-away, as a mainland Europe server such as France would in all likelihood give a constantly better ping to turkey. You had much higher pings in the Turkish server so Turkey agreed to go to Hungary, at the expense of there own ping as shown above. As for drawing to win the match it's a perfectly valid thing to do, happens frequently. I think the attitude you show in the screenshots and on the score thread and here too may help to explain the insults, you didn't allow a player to play, and then say they turned warband into "one of the gayest games" and accused them of being unsportsmanlike and just here taking a dig at there skills, surely you can see the irony? some of the worst hypocrites I've seen in a while.

As for Turkey taking the easy way out explain to me how they had an unfair ping advantage over you, you had the ping advantage, you lost badly, you try to find an excuse and do everything you can except gracefully accept defeat and move on (it's been 3 days now) and/or look at your own mistakes as every other team will and has done.
@David why are you coming in here without the slightest clue what you are talking about? NC matches are never fair when it comes to ping...we did the best we could. Neither side wanted to purposefully put their team at a disadvantage, so it was not easy to make any compromise.

Back
Top Bottom