MP Team Deathmatch

Users who are viewing this thread

If you are camping the enemy teams spawn location you do it at your own risk and they have the choice to spawn somewhere else. It will at least give you a choice. A small invincibility period on spawn would also be nice.

This will at least be better than the current spawn system. If you got any better ideas feel free to state them.

This system will not be perfect though because I can see archers camping at their spawn location for extra protection.

Another idea is to divide the map into lots of zones that be chosen as the next spawnpoint, but only if your teammates and no enemies are inside. This can be nice since you can spawn close to a friend if you are not playing alone.

Last edited:
Make people respawn together in waves, and either at set locations or far away from the combat.

The meta that has evolved is both teams will find an area where their archers can set up and the fighting will generally revolve around those points, until some soldiers magically respawn in the middle of their positions and slaughter everyone from behind, or get slaughtered which is just as unfun for the soldier the respawned.

Please bring back the old "Battle" mod.
(No respawn, kill all the enemies or wait for flag). It was so cool in warband (i think the most played type), why not bring it back to bannerlord?

Jump straight into the action in this medieval take on a classic PvP game mode. Earn gold and points by killing enemies and assisting your teammates as you race against the opposing team to victory.

Players:
50 vs 50
Avg. Playtime:
20 minutes
Rounds:
Best of 1
Round Time:
20 minutes
Objectives:
Reach the score point limit of the map as a team or score more points than the enemy team until the map runs out of time.
Troops:
Spawn with better troops by using gold depending on your kills on the battlefield.

Please leave all feedback relating to the Team Deathmatch game mode in this thread.
does anyone know how the score is calculated?

does anyone know how the score is calculated?
Score is calculated by the amount of points required to spawn as the unit you killed (i.e: killing a Khuzait rabble contributes to 90 points to the scoreboard). You'll still want to gain more kills than the other team but the type of unit you kill also influences how much more points you get.

TW, Could you plz move the "selection screen" far far way, so players can't reach it and block the screen? It so annoying to play TDM when every single match, every day, someone exploits the map limits to block that screen....... Ban the players or fix the problem, Act plz

Jump straight into a group of people mass murdering you in a 2 minutes round and then get your game crashed

1. Fix the spawning. Numerous times I have been fighthing 1 on 1 in an isolated area and suddenly 4 guys are behind me, no my situational awareness isn't that bad they just spawned quite literally on top of me and my enemy. Then I die, and then I respawn right where I died.
  2. Just disable the gold system and allow people to select the classes they want to play. It's a totally casual game mode and you can feel the server die everytime it gets to a new game and people have to work their gold reserves up again to play the good classes. Also makes it less painful if I choose an expensive class and the game decides I have to ****ing die by spawning me into 5 enemies.
  3. Reflective friendly fire, or even mirrored, would fix a lot of the other annoying issues, specifically 1: The deathball and 2: Archery spam. Deathball is when one team has just got that little bit luckier with their spawns or timings and have a group roaming the map just mopping up the small pockets of enemies who respawn in their way. If you're unlucky you will actively spawn in front of them 4 or 5 times and then probably quit for the night because what's the ****ing point. At least with some friendly fire I can use the moronic ****ters against each other and stand a chance.
EDIT:
4. Enable the ****ing autobalancer and stop disabling it.

Last edited:
TW, look at your telemetry. Vlandia is being voted ALL THE TIME!!! It's getting super boring... At this point, delete the Voting system in TDM, or delete all other factions, because they are not being picked anyway.. Face it, players are don't care about the over all "fun", the cheating and exploiting, and now this... And, nothing happens from your side...

Make people respawn together in waves, and either at set locations or far away from the combat.

The meta that has evolved is both teams will find an area where their archers can set up and the fighting will generally revolve around those points, until some soldiers magically respawn in the middle of their positions and slaughter everyone from behind, or get slaughtered which is just as unfun for the soldier the respawned.
It's still not done. Which make the game worse and more random. You can spawn as infantry and be 2m from enemy blob.

Bring back auto balanceing ..
Bring back "equipment selection - not a huge problem but..
Add maps ...
let players have more freedom in maps too many invisible walls / barriers. I cannot jump from most buildings.. how can I fall from the heavens wielding an axe in to my enemy's faces when I can't jump on a barrel.

1. Fix the spawning. Numerous times I have been fighthing 1 on 1 in an isolated area and suddenly 4 guys are behind me, no my situational awareness isn't that bad they just spawned quite literally on top of me and my enemy. Then I die, and then I respawn right where I died.
  2. Just disable the gold system and allow people to select the classes they want to play. It's a totally casual game mode and you can feel the server die everytime it gets to a new game and people have to work their gold reserves up again to play the good classes. Also makes it less painful if I choose an expensive class and the game decides I have to ****ing die by spawning me into 5 enemies.
  3. Reflective friendly fire, or even mirrored, would fix a lot of the other annoying issues, specifically 1: The deathball and 2: Archery spam. Deathball is when one team has just got that little bit luckier with their spawns or timings and have a group roaming the map just mopping up the small pockets of enemies who respawn in their way. If you're unlucky you will actively spawn in front of them 4 or 5 times and then probably quit for the night because what's the ****ing point. At least with some friendly fire I can use the moronic ****ters against each other and stand a chance.
EDIT:
4. Enable the ****ing autobalancer and stop disabling it.
1. Yes
2. I Think that could make many classes unplayable and thus make the game more boring. I remember a Warband Siege server giving all players max gold with the promise "play what you want" but everyone only played Heavy+2hander. I also think that cav spam would be bad but on the other hand it could be balanced by everyone having access to a good inf spear.
I think it's a problem that classes are balanced for skirmish where you start with free class choice and the peasant classes are kind of designed als classes for leftover money, almost penal classes. Maybe a good compromise would be to increase the default money in TDM, giving players the option to pick the mid tier classes all of the time, or pick the peasant tier classes sometimes to get gold more quickly.
3. Yes! (Though I don't think that TW have that under control as of now)
4. Yes
TW, look at your telemetry. Vlandia is being voted ALL THE TIME!!! It's getting super boring... At this point, delete the Voting system in TDM, or delete all other factions, because they are not being picked anyway.. Face it, players are don't care about the over all "fun", the cheating and exploiting, and now this... And, nothing happens from your side...
I feel like the faction pick diversity has gotten better since the last period I played but I can't put my finger on why. Any balance update that I missed?

Back
Top Bottom