MP Team Deathmatch

Users who are viewing this thread

Jump straight into the action in this medieval take on a classic PvP game mode. Earn gold and points by killing enemies and assisting your teammates as you race against the opposing team to victory.

Players:
50 vs 50
Avg. Playtime:
20 minutes
Rounds:
Best of 1
Round Time:
20 minutes
Objectives:
Reach the score point limit of the map as a team or score more points than the enemy team until the map runs out of time.
Troops:
Spawn with better troops by using gold depending on your kills on the battlefield.

Please leave all feedback relating to the Team Deathmatch game mode in this thread.

Was going to make this point in the Nord Town thread, since I think that it is closely linked to much of the problem with that map and indeed the Harbour too, but I think that the fundamental idea of a 100 player TDM is ill-conceived. When a TDM server is highly populated, players are constantly forced into 1vXs in which they are totally overwhelmed. When there aren't as many players, the same thing occurs to a lesser extent, but more importantly it takes too long to get into fights, since the maps are so large, and - in the case of Nord Town - labyrinthine.

I would suggest designing the mode for servers which max out at something like 50 or 60. The maps could be made much smaller, increasing the rate at which you typically encounter an opponent, which seems to be one of the reasons why the mode has been designed for 100 players.

I also think that TDM would play better with team damage enabled. I personally consider the lack of team damage in Siege suitable, but TDM's combat should be a step up from Siege, and players need to begin becoming more conscious about how they play the game. I wouldn't expect this to be implemented any time soon - the difficulties of enabling team damage are obvious - but I think that this is probably where the gamemode should head if it is going to be something people continue to play on public servers.

Too many people, having friendly fire off is retarded because people just group up in a deathball and gangbeat people by swinging through teammates.

There is like all of 2 players that actually like these giant TDM ****fests the rest are only playing it because there are no other gamemode options for casually practicing combat. Add battle and duel and community servers pls and thanks no one likes this trash

I don't even remember TDM being played all that much in Warband. Sure as **** isn't gonna encourage me to play it more if this is the state it's gonna be in.

50v50 is just too chaotic for team to even be a thing, it feels more like an every man for himself mode.

We currently have two "playgrounds": team deathmatch/siege (newcomers paradise, but overall a big chaotic "bash their heads in"-playmode) and skirmish (tactical gamemode for veteran teams). The problem is that there's not a real place to go for people in between, who want more challenge than newcomers, but don't have a elite group to play with for skirmish

A variation of team deathmatch would be nice, something thats similar to the warband team deathmatch, with short rounds, no respawn, friendly fire activated, call it "classic tdm" if you will. A gamemode like this would fill this huge gap, since it rewards an advanced playstyle, yet doesn't require that much teamwork.

The only issue is that, once there is friendly fire, griefers will be there aswell, so a kick poll system might have to be considered

Siege could use a "friendly fire" mode aswell, there's just more tension when you cant blindy swing/shoot at enemies without the risk of hitting your teammates

oh and please add a duel server, lately me and my buddies surprisingly met an old rivaled clan in skirmish and we all simply turned the game into a big duel server. After playing that, I want a duel server even more now
GzbGj3H.jpg

I think the spawns could use some tweaking, it feels like Free for All mode right now. I think spawns should go one sided in multiple zones.

spawns need major improvement. IT could be made more to feel like both teams are clashing from from both sides. Right now some times you are spawned directly into mob full of enemies/some times you are spawned in some lonely alley forced to run around and look for any action.

Im a newbie to the multiplayer hack and slash. The spawns are terrible. You either spawn in a wrecking ball of enemy players, or spawn in some random alley. If you got the far off spawn, half of the time you get 2 shot by some archers who are facing the spawn or 1 shot by a guy on a horse. Feels really hard to build momentum.

I haven't played a single round where at least 2-3 people don't get furious about spawning into an enemy crowd. And I can understand that because it happens to me aswell way too often.You can't even feel safe inside a crowd of teammates because an enemy could spawn behind you anytime and kill you (until he gets roflstomped by your teammates, which makes it a loose-loose situation for both me and the enemy)

The messed up spawning system is a big mood killer on the tdm servers atm

50v50 is just too chaotic for team to even be a thing, it feels more like an every man for himself mode.

I dont think it's really a problem of player numbers, but the infinite spawns with no cooldown. That, and how spawns points work.

Edit: thinking of it, maybe spawns could work in waves, like all people spawn every 5 seconds, so small squads spawn together and dont feel overwhelmed from the start.

I think it’s to hard to get any class that isn’t peasant right now. I’m consistently getting 3 kills a life and can still only afford a second tier unit. It feels incredibly restrictive considering tdm was a fun creative mode in warband. I have a ton of hours in warband, and when I get a heavy class I low through peasants, and when I am a peasant I can’t do shiitttt. Maybe have custom load outs just for tdm?

I think it’s to hard to get any class that isn’t peasant right now. I’m consistently getting 3 kills a life and can still only afford a second tier unit. It feels incredibly restrictive considering tdm was a fun creative mode in warband. I have a ton of hours in warband, and when I get a heavy class I low through peasants, and when I am a peasant I can’t do shiitttt. Maybe have custom load outs just for tdm?

Nah the worst part is finally clawing the money up to get the class you WANT to play and then spawn in a really really bad place that gets you instantly killed without choice.

The gold system should just be disabled in this mode, no one cares about winning, it's about playing the fun thing you want to play.

Nah the worst part is finally clawing the money up to get the class you WANT to play and then spawn in a really really bad place that gets you instantly killed without choice.

The gold system should just be disabled in this mode, no one cares about winning, it's about playing the fun thing you want to play.
Oh god you are right, that is the worst part

Oh god you are right, that is the worst part

No, I found something worse.

This gold system is utterly ****ed.

If I get to 58 kills with only 6 deaths in TDM why the **** can I not just be swimming in gold at this point. Whats the bloody point in trying to do well and stay alive as long as possible in one life if the game rewards you for dying and giving the other team points? I had 36-2 and then died 4 times while picking up an extra 22 kills, and somehow that depleted all my gold that I could no longer spawn as a Lancer and continue pubstomping.

No, I found something worse.

This gold system is utterly ****ed.

If I get to 58 kills with only 6 deaths in TDM why the **** can I not just be swimming in gold at this point. Whats the bloody point in trying to do well and stay alive as long as possible in one life if the game rewards you for dying and giving the other team points? I had 36-2 and then died 4 times while picking up an extra 22 kills, and somehow that depleted all my gold that I could no longer spawn as a Lancer and continue pubstomping.
Exactly this! It’s so ****ing hard to get a good class, and if ur unlucky all that hard work goes down the drain. Also one class is so obviously OP vs another that I don’t see how it’s more fair to new players than warband class system

Would be great if u set up some team deathmatch servers with less than 100 players. Swarms of players is not that funny and u spawn direct near an opponent.

Back
Top Bottom