Team Damage in Battle Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Instead of pushing for the option for consoles to have it in their panel, you'd rather give a terrible suggestion that doesn't apply to PC. No thanks.
You expect them to take the time to give us anything special? They can change it after release for PC players but reflective team damage would kill a large chunk of our community.

You expect them to take the time to give us anything special? They can change it after release for PC players but reflective team damage would kill a large chunk of our community.
Play a game that works on controller, or use mouse and keys, simple as. The cost argument isn't relevant anymore, since you can get a pc to run the game that costs the same as a console.

Ask for an admin panel instead of relying on such basic suggestion. You're basically suggesting the default value of a server startup to be 100% team kill instead of asking the devs for the ability to change it. Will take one intern at TW to kill the servers instead of having the full panel that won't easily have this kind of mistake.

Either way, the console port is so far away you don't even know if they will give the ability or not to change it. Until then console specific suggestions are useless and baseless.

This is not warband anymore, such limitations are unacceptable for a game.

The problem with team damage is the swing arcs of the weapon that goes way too far behind you. Sometimes you literally hit teamates that you cant even see because they are behind you.

I don't understand the 0% reflect team damage position. Why not just stay at 50/50 or do 33/67?
Sometimes, being TK'ed is legitimately your fault. If you leap in between a friendly swinging an axe and his target thirsty for them points, you deserve to be killed.
If you walk in front an archer who has clearly drawn a bead on a moving horseman without crouching, that's your fault.
Having reflective damage on all the time can punish good players and encourage "Leeroy Jenkins"ism. You should have a healthy respect for your teammate's weapons.
Putting on reflection based on frequency of team hitting/killing is, I will repeat, a time-tested solution. There is no need to relitigate this. We figured this out in like 2004.

Reflective TK was something always suggested, granted TW has finally managed to put basic TK in without crashing and hopefully their next step is reflective. I don't think much people disagree with reflective teamkill.
I disagree, it should be plain friendly fire, not reflective.

I disagree, it should be plain friendly fire, not reflective.
It should be one that is a bit of both. Because, as said before, some people are just too stupid and deserve to be punished for it. Repeated offenders who do it on purpose in a small time frame are obviously doing it intentionally and would get punished. The idea @Zarthas proposed isn't bad at all.

It should be one that is a bit of both. Because, as said before, some people are just too stupid and deserve to be punished for it. Repeated offenders who do it on purpose in a small time frame are obviously doing it intentionally and would get punished. The idea @Zarthas proposed isn't bad at all.
There will always be people who can't control their swings or are purposefully teamkillings. Reflective just force griefing.

Main problem is how wide animations are. Way more than they should be.

Back
Top Bottom