Team Damage in Battle Server

Users who are viewing this thread

i would argue that with great design, no moderation would be needed

moderation leads to a whole different avenue of abuse (i have been perma-banned on napoleonic servers by admins bc i "put tnt near their regiment" )

at least with trolls i can fight them, bad admins just ban you
You don't expect a server to be able to distinguish if someone is trolling by blocking a doorway, do you? Servers will always need moderation, you can't bring me a popular game where this isn't true.

You don't expect a server to be able to distinguish if someone is trolling by blocking a doorway, do you? Servers will always need moderation, you can't bring me a popular game where this isn't true.
if someone was deliberately trolling by blocking the doorway you could just kill them or vote kick them(the voting system is a great self moderating system just yesterday our battle game vote kicked the last person trolling the game by hiding in a corner of the map)

i am worried that moderators would worsen the game bc people with power tend to abuse them, I am open to the subject though

I am trying to imagine what situation you would need a moderator (given near perfect game design)?

if someone was deliberately trolling by blocking the doorway you could just kill them or vote kick them(the voting system is a great self moderating system just yesterday our battle game vote kicked the last person trolling the game by hiding in a corner of the map)

i am worried that moderators would worsen the game bc people with power tend to abuse them, I am open to the subject though

I am trying to imagine what situation you would need a moderator (given near perfect game design)?
Kicking is more than enough, but more often than not it could lead to false accusation and even more trolling as they will randomly kick innocent people by doing so. Servers with high traffic tend to be well moderated and sections for reporting if an admin abuses their power.

Also in your last point, i am not asking you a situation in a perfect game design game, i am asking you to give a game with perfect game design for moderation

What are you on about?

You wouldn’t last 30 seconds against most PC players who play this game somewhat competitive.
PC players have come down to xbox many times, the only ones of any of them worth mentioning was the greyknights who ive fought and gone toe to toe with before on here in a few instances and never had an ounce of trouble with any other pc players coming down

PC players have come down to xbox many times, the only ones of any of them worth mentioning was the greyknights who ive fought and gone toe to toe with before on here in a few instances and never had an ounce of trouble with any other pc players coming down
That response did come out of the lack of knowledge didn't it? Saying that PC player coming over is worse is kinda crazy, considering playing on controller overrides your block direction with movement direction. Most PC players don't play that way, only some rare cases. If you really want to judge skill on multi-platform basis, only way to do it is to play on PC where both ways of playing are allowed, since you can just plug controller and play on PC. Also I am pretty sure most of the best PC guys me included within a week of practice would trash any of the console plebs on their limited controller environment :grin:

and most of us could go toe to toe with your best players
You sure you're not off your meds and hallucinating some things on singleplayer mode? ?

PC players come to xbox where they use a controlling system they aren't used to, so they aren't as good as the players that are used to that controlling system.
Imagine my shock!
Fact is that the skill ceiling of mouse and keyboard is just higher than using a controller, anyone good on controller will get trashed if faced against anyone half decent from the PC players.

Last edited:

I'm not too worried about moderation for battle mode, GK has always had great admins and this wont change just because they are hosting a bannerlord server.

Teamkilling or votekicking trolls can only get you so far. Repeated/increasingly cynical offenses should result in at least a temp ban.

Considering your personal behavior on the battle server (delay, delay, delay -delaying round after round after round), it comes as no surprise that you are against moderation.

MnB multiplayer was not popular at all on console, you're delusional if you think even 200 players is popular on a console.
A lot more than that, only reason we died down from when we were popular is in the dark age time where a hacker group had stopped battles from happening for about a year, and honestly id rather have to be fighting hackers and trolls and take on the challenges and have all the stories ive got than have to suckup to admins and follow rules everywhere i go

A lot more than that, only reason we died down from when we were popular is in the dark age time where a hacker group had stopped battles from happening for about a year, and honestly id rather have to be fighting hackers and trolls and take on the challenges and have all the stories ive got than have to suckup to admins and follow rules everywhere i go
You pretend like playing on PC meant playing the game would get you banned LMAO. You're delusional about the state of mount and blade on PC.

What?

What? How does that work lmao, how is teamkilling an issue when you are fighting some enemy?

Hmmm no? The complete opposite, you see what currently happens on the casual servers without reflective damage it just becomes a mot ball. With teamdamage on it just becomes annoying and people don't learn because they don't affect themselves, reflective teamdamage in combination with normal teamdamage learns people to look where and what they hit.

I really hope this is a troll post, your profile definitely looks like one.
I don't always agree with Horatius, but when I do, its about teamdamage + reflective damage.

Teamdamage for the first couple hits, then Reflective damage is a tried and true solution. Hard to troll if you just kill yourself after hitting a few people.

I don't always agree with Horatius, but when I do, its about teamdamage + reflective damage.

Teamdamage for the first couple hits, then Reflective damage is a tried and true solution. Hard to troll if you just kill yourself after hitting a few people.
I don't understand the 0% reflect team damage position. Why not just stay at 50/50 or do 33/67?

I don't understand the 0% reflect team damage position. Why not just stay at 50/50 or do 33/67?
23/67 sounds better and I'd accept it as a compromise but my reasoning for wanting 0% reflective is I and other players on console need the ability to teamkill each other, if its 50 50 and I get jumped by three other players there is 0 ways for me to win that fight which is going to encourage the tactic, I recently played chiv where the situation was similar in that fighting lots of teammates or even enemies was difficult and in order to do team kills we had to group up, this made it nearly impossible to lose so we kept at it, if it became actually impossible to lose than that's gonna heavily encourage the tactic. I once had to fight off 12 teammates all at once due to being hunted by a clan, I won that fight because of 0% reflection damage.

23/67 sounds better and I'd accept it as a compromise but my reasoning for wanting 0% reflective is I and other players on console need the ability to teamkill each other, if its 50 50 and I get jumped by three other players there is 0 ways for me to win that fight which is going to encourage the tactic, I recently played chiv where the situation was similar in that fighting lots of teammates or even enemies was difficult and in order to do team kills we had to group up, this made it nearly impossible to lose so we kept at it, if it became actually impossible to lose than that's gonna heavily encourage the tactic. I once had to fight off 12 teammates all at once due to being hunted by a clan, I won that fight because of 0% reflection damage.
The other option is 100% reflect so you can't get TK'd at all.

Back
Top Bottom