Tea

Users who are viewing this thread

Selothi

Baron
To put it simply, I want to get into drinking tea, and while I know there's lots of varieties of tea, I don't know **** about them.

So far, I know I don't like bog-standard black tea (PG Tips etc ...) and I find mint tea nice but not worth it. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

Let it be known that this thread is about tea and other infusions, the talking about them, and the telling me of the nice stuff !

Uh ... Yeah.

For starters, get the hell out of France.

A fairly standard black tea is best. If you can't get into that, you're doomed as a real tea drinker.

I just stick with Tetley. I like it strong (extra stirring and straining of tea bag) and plenty of milk. No sugar.

For you, I'd recommend green tea. As far as I'm concerned, you pay double and get half the strength but it could be the fag brew, you seek.

There's lots of tasty tea, just try what sounds nice. A while ago my brother recommended something called "Russian tea" but that's basically earl grey with lemon in it. Not sure what's so Russian about that, but I liked it. I also have something with lemon and honey but that's way too soft. I also like regular black tea, but with sugar, no milk, and various fruit teas. Rooibos tends to be nice and calming for me. :smile:

I personally just drink English Breakfast black tea. Sometimes I try them fruit teas, but I'm no serious tea drinker.

Green tea's good too. It's pretty cheap here though (cheaper than a bag of Twining's or somesuch at any rate).

edit: If you want oriental teas I'd recommend either rice tea or corn tea. No milk, no sugar. Just plain. Good stuff, those.

My favourite variations on the bog standard stuff (in order of preference):

Assam, Ceylon, Earl Grey, Chai, Lady Grey, Heather Tea, Red Bush (no milk), Peppermint (no milk), Chamomile (no milk).

Be proud of your uniqueness and stay away from tea, it only leads to bad things later in life. Stiff upper lip, obnoxious behaviour, narcissim, smaller testicles and a pinky that won't do what it's told.

At least that is what I heard anyway....

Yorkshire Tea ftw. I, find that its best with about 2 tea spoons of Milk and no sugar. Sugar and Tea clasifies you as a builder more than building does :wink:

1 English Breakfast tea in the morning, 2 sugars and a slight pouring of milk. 1 English Breakfast tea at night, 1 sugar and a slight pouring of milk with 1 Arnott's scotch finger snapped into 2 pieces.

Yoshiboy said:
My favourite variations on the bog standard stuff (in order of preference):

Assam, Ceylon, Earl Grey, Chai, Lady Grey, Heather Tea, Red Bush (no milk), Peppermint (no milk), Chamomile (no milk).
Red Bush is probably the same stuff as rooibos, I think?

Typhoo plain or with milk and sugar. Very nice but expensive is Teapigs stuff, especialy the green tea with peppermint. I think that might be too strong for you though Selothi (sounds like living in France has affected you) but you can allways drink it a bit weak with some sugar. Ceylon tea is abysmal, Tetleys alright, twinning's everyday is bad, PGs alright, clippers is good and of course theres a great range of fruit teas for those with a touch or two of ******ry.

captain lust said:
killop5 said:
Yorkshire Tea ftw. I, find that its best with about 2 tea spoons of Milk and no sugar. Sugar and Tea clasifies you as a builder more than building does :wink:

You use a tea spoon for milk?

No, but thats about how much milk I use. If I were a proper Englishman I would :wink:

I frikken love tea!
Ive tried many varieties of teabags and they all seem pretty much the same to me :razz:
Does anyone here ever dip choc chip cookies in their tea? Or any biscuits for that matter?
I feel like im the only one who does it....its actually quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom