SP - General Tavern suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

NordCat

Recruit
TAVERN SUGGESTIONS
(before reading this post don't forget that Bannerlord is still in early-access and all features are subject to change, I hope you enjoy the following, and for any questions or other suggestions relating to the topic be sure to reply to this post!)

The taverns of Calradia are very warm and cozy, but to me they lack that little bit more character to make them amazing!
I would personally like the possibility to take in my party or at least companions and order them all a mug of wine and a delicious feast. Maybe they could also talk about their stories and tales to give them more of a backstory.
It would be nice for them to add some animations for drinking and eating. When the barmaid asks you to try their ''speciality'' of wine or olives your character actually drinks it (eats it). I would also love if the barmaid and bartender could offer you meals and drinks that could recover health (and if inviting your party the wounded would be healed after a day).
It would be nice to add a mini game (there might be one, but I haven't seen it yet) that you can bet on and earn some cash. They should also add upon the relation with some NPC's of that town. If you're very good with let's say an artist he could offer you a drink, or if you're very bad with the gang boss of the town his men could attack you ( also I haven't seen a drunk man that can attack you from time to time in a tavern like in Warband).
One feature that I beg for them to add is working with the tavern. If you have a brewery in the town, maybe give us a possibility not to sell to the main market rather sell our goods to the tavern ( the same goes with wineries and olive presses). I would also love to see more NPC's that look very intimidating. Maybe add ''legendary characters'' that you can't see anywhere else but in taverns, and they could talk about their tales and add a bunch to the lore of Calradia.
I would like the ability to buy a tavern, but not make it function like a shop. Let's say you buy a smithy, you can always choose what you want it to be (brewery, olive press, winery, ect.), but you would not be able to create a tavern, you can only own a tavern by buying it (and this would make a great use out of companions that have only high trade skills, as you could assign them to buy the cheapest stuff on the market and make big profit).
It would be nice to have some taverns in villages or on main economic crossroads, maybe you're going through a big forest and you stumble upon a tavern, it would be a great place to recover you and you're men, and (only in forest taverns) add the ability to hire men that otherwise are not hireable (forest people, bandits, ect.)

I hope you guys like my ideas! If you guys have any ideas on how to add upon and better the taverns of Calradia, be sure to leave them in the replies, untill next time!

thanks for reading, James ?

Hey Nord! There's already a mini game in the tavern, take a look for the games master who's sitting by a game that looks like checkers. If you sit down opposite him, you can then talk to him and play/make bets on the game. :smile:

My suggestion would be to have other board games you can play and bet on, namely a phat ol' game of Chess. That would be really fun and hopefully easy to implement as there are so many open source Chess engines out there that can be slotted in without much effort.

I love all your suggestions!

Hey Nord! There's already a mini game in the tavern, take a look for the games master who's sitting by a game that looks like checkers. If you sit down opposite him, you can then talk to him and play/make bets on the game. :smile:

My suggestion would be to have other board games you can play and bet on, namely a phat ol' game of Chess. That would be really fun and hopefully easy to implement as there are so many open source Chess engines out there that can be slotted in without much effort.

I love all your suggestions!
Oh nice! Been playing for a long time still haven't seen the game master haha, but I'll be sure to check for him next time ?

I really like the idea of anything that can lead to a bar fight.
It was kinda in Warband. You would walk in a tavern and sometimes you would be bothered by a man, he attacks you everybody watches in silence, you defeat him and continue with your journey ?

The board game is different in each cultural region., which is a nice touch.

Some form of boxing match might be a good way to offer additional money making opportunities for players down on their luck. Something like a 20-50 denar wager, once per available challenger per day, assuming it doesn't require remodeling too many taverns to make sure there's available space.

The board game is different in each cultural region., which is a nice touch.

Some form of boxing match might be a good way to offer additional money making opportunities for players down on their luck. Something like a 20-50 denar wager, once per available challenger per day, assuming it doesn't require remodeling too many taverns to make sure there's available space.
I like that idea!

Healing food is no for me. Too broken and silly.

That said, ordering a round "on the house" for everyone to slightly increase your standing in the town... sure.
More things to talk about, events to witness, rumors to hear. Maybe even find some unique quests that way.

I agree with you, I just didn't mean healing food. I mean't to buy the whole party a huge feast at a town and then after maybe resting for a day at the town heal everyone up. It would come in handy when having a huge army campaign.

Back
Top Bottom