Suggestion General Tavern Mercenary Pool in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Mordorsen

Recruit
I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to this so sorry if this is already been answered.

I'm creating more mercenary troops and I'd like them to spawn in taverns. So far, the only ones that I can recruit are the ones I've linked to the Watchman troop tree. Eg: a Mercenary Mounted Archer upgradable from the vanilla Mercenary Scout. That one spawns all right. But I don't want every new mercenary I create linked to the vanilla merc tree. Eg: a tier5 Mercenary Shieldmaiden, not linked and not upgradable. I can't find the way to make it show up in taverns. And the ones that show, I don't know why, since the only difference when I created them is that they are linked through upgrade to the vanilla mercs.

So, does someone know how the tavern pool for mercenaries work in bannerlord? At first I thought it would be as simple as adding the "Mercenary" label to the troop "occupation", but that doesn't seem to work. Also, the armed traders that spawn in taverns are not labeled "Mercenary" but "Caravan Guard".

Looking at how does Bannerlord works my guess is the tavern pool is defined in a similar way as a Party Template, but I can not find where.

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much.

:unsure: Mmmmmh... So the only way to to make new mercs appear in taverns is linking them to the troop trees of the vanilla ones? A pity. Well, thanks anyway.

Hey everyone, we'll take a look at the moddability of the tavern mercenaries. Also moving this thread to the modding requests section.

Hey, we implemented the following change with v170 in response to your request:
  • Mercenary troops for each culture can now be determined in XMLs.

I've seen it. Thanks! I'm still struggling trying to figure how some things work in 1.7 but this is awesome. ?

Hey, we implemented the following change with v170 in response to your request:
  • Mercenary troops for each culture can now be determined in XMLs.
Although, a little explanation on how it works now would be great, since I couldn't find any changes in the XMLs.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom