SP - General Tavern Activities

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
Tavern scene are pretty bare bones. Apart from finding companions, there really isn't much else to do there. I don't believe players are rushing to taverns to play board games. Some ideas of the different activities that could available in a tavern:

1) Starting a bar fight
2) Seducing bar wenches (Perhaps in 9 months time you could get a letter about your illegitimate child being born)
3) Getting gossip about lords personalities, troop movements, bandit hideouts etc.
4) Gamble on upcoming tournaments
5) Make deals with the criminal elements in the settlement
6) Receive quests from the bartender to get gold and improve relations:
I) Deliver this mead to Town X in Y amount of time
II) A thief has been stealing supplies hang around at midnight and apprehend him
III) I need to find this special ingredient for a special ale for the king, find me 3 units of 'x'
IV) A rival is trying to shut me down, help me stop him before it's too late
ETC.
7) Receive quests from random bar patrons:
I) I'm drinking myself to death because my wife wants to leave me, help me win her back.
II) I want to you track Mr x at midnight and kill him.
III) My daughter has been kidnapped by bandits please rescue her!
ETC.
8 ) Getting drunk with your companions and getting to work around in a drunk state for a little while (a la GTA)
9) Learning poems (Don't know why this was removed)
10) Buy special items or resources that can only be found at taverns.

Etc. There's still more possibilities that could be explored but these are just a few ideas. Taverns are supposed to be given more importance and atm when I don't need a new companion, I have no need or urge to enter a tavern.

Having thoose in game would be awesome. I'm looking forward to see better taverns. Some high iq thinking has been done it seems

Great ideas, and some should be easy to create, like the "free the kidnapped daughter" which could be just another "slaughter the hideout" quest.

If you talk to the regular townspeople inside they do actually have some useful information. Lord and notable personalities is one that you mentioned, and they already do. Nothing you couldn't find in the encyclopedia, but still.

Big one is trade rumors though. Maybe 1/10 bar patrons will tell you a good trade tip with what to buy from the city you're in, where to take it, and what the current profit margin is.

My personal opinion, more random events should be included overall. Yes, Bar Fights with a Drunkjard. Ambush in Cities at Night, Bandit Ambush in villages as soon as you reach them(all warband) and than much more. The game feels to static right now and need more "Aha" or "Oh, ****" Events. Ok they make the Towns and Villages more alive but thats it, and that is not enough, sry devs.

Tavern scene are pretty bare bones. Apart from finding companions, there really isn't much else to do there. I don't believe players are rushing to taverns to play board games. Some ideas of the different activities that could available in a tavern:

1) Starting a bar fight
2) Seducing bar wenches (Perhaps in 9 months time you could get a letter about your illegitimate child being born)
3) Getting gossip about lords personalities, troop movements, bandit hideouts etc.
4) Gamble on upcoming tournaments
5) Make deals with the criminal elements in the settlement
6) Receive quests from the bartender to get gold and improve relations:
I) Deliver this mead to Town X in Y amount of time
II) A thief has been stealing supplies hang around at midnight and apprehend him
III) I need to find this special ingredient for a special ale for the king, find me 3 units of 'x'
IV) A rival is trying to shut me down, help me stop him before it's too late
ETC.
7) Receive quests from random bar patrons:
I) I'm drinking myself to death because my wife wants to leave me, help me win her back.
II) I want to you track Mr x at midnight and kill him.
III) My daughter has been kidnapped by bandits please rescue her!
ETC.
8 ) Getting drunk with your companions and getting to work around in a drunk state for a little while (a la GTA)
10) Buy special items or resources that can only be found at taverns.

Etc. There's still more possibilities that could be explored but these are just a few ideas. Taverns are supposed to be given more importance and atm when I don't need a new companion, I have no need or urge to enter a tavern.
Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!

Yeah, I too am wondering why they removed poems.... Curious...

Back
Top Bottom