Task Manager Won't Open

Users who are viewing this thread

So, for as long as I can remember on this PC the Task Manager hasn't opened. When I control-alt-delete, it takes me straight to the processes tab with no way to select any other tab. I didn't mind it that much up until a few minutes ago when I accidentally ended my taskbar process and had to restart my computer to fix it, as I couldn't open the task manager to resume it. I am now trying to fix the issue, but it appears to be too specific for anyone to have asked about it on Google before. Anyone know what might be up?

Sounds like something fishy. When a core feature like the task manager doesm't work, usually its hint that something malicious is going on.

Try using Ctrl Shift Esc key combination, or running the task manager through start > type "task manager".

Both give the same result as before. I honestly don't think it's anything malicious, as it's been this way as long as I can remember and I'm having no other symptoms of a virus, but maybe it's just something that snoops about quietly. I'll get my brother to do a virus check or something when he gets home.

Does it have the title/menu bar? If not, doubleclick somewhere on the empty space around the task list.

If yes, describe problem better.

aaff6564445ee0a8205382e2cac7f663.png

Back
Top Bottom