Talworlds Updates Are Brutal

Users who are viewing this thread

Timberwolf

Banned
Old Guard
So this is the 3rd or 4th update in a row that has caused me some concern. They're even talking about it on Youtube. First it was the reduction of workshop income, now it's the reduction to 1/20 (one twentieth!) of the influence gained when you give prisoners to your faction. For those who don't remember, that's about the only reasonable way to get paid as a mercenary (which is essentially how you slog through the first half of the game in their current single player mode) because your income is based entirely on your influence. And it drops every day too!

What is going on? I've put down this game until someone at Taleworlds figures out their head from their ass because at this point it's unplayable. The best workshop in the game manages to get me 30 silver after paying about 16000. On top of that, I can't even progress to having a chance of lordship until I finish this stupid clan leveling, which now is next to impossible thanks to yet more changes!

What is going on?! Can we just play the damn game?

which is essentially how you slog through the first half
I don't know how you play but I start crushing lords and making bank my day 25 tops.
It's easily 5-10k a sad sad unfortunate **** you cross paths with.
I bough t 1 shop in a recent game. You know why? It was so I could change it from being a brewery stealing my food grain from my town!

clan leveling, which now is next to impossible thanks to yet more changes
Please elaborate

I cringed too when I read that prisoners will give way less influence when turning them in to cities as a merc. The game is terribly hard at making money in the beginning. I really don't like zipping around from town to town as a penniless merchant or checking all the corners of Calradia for stupid looter parties to train by classroom size warband. Early game is not fun, it's a grind, and now it seems mid game is going to be a grind now as well.

Not like being a merc is profitable anyway. You can get 10k+ just from 1 lord by selling the loot. That measly influence is nothing compared.
Early game is going to be hard. You have no equipment, no skills, no troops. If you don't like the early game then just cheat yourself some money and get on with the fun stuff.

First it was the reduction of workshop income, now it's the reduction to 1/20 (one twentieth!) of the influence gained when you give prisoners to your faction. For those who don't remember, that's about the only reasonable way to get paid as a mercenary (which is essentially how you slog through the first half of the game in their current single player mode) because your income is based entirely on your influence. And it drops every day too!

What did you do with the loot?

Seems you are playing the game poorly, I think these changes by Taleworlds are definately the right way to go, (i would like workshops to maybe even earn less, but also maybe max cost 5000-10000), it was WAAAAAAAAAAY to easy to earn money and influence before once you knew what you were doing, made you pretty much skip the mid game, letting you go straigt to late game, that still needs features implemented, more so than the midgame.

Seems you are playing the game poorly, I think these changes by Taleworlds are definately the right way to go, (i would like workshops to maybe even earn less, but also maybe max cost 5000-10000), it was WAAAAAAAAAAY to easy to earn money and influence before once you knew what you were doing, made you pretty much skip the mid game, letting you go straigt to late game, that still needs features implemented, more so than the midgame.
Tend to agree with you.

The game is in horrible balance and needs some tweaks. Sure maybe the first 20 days is a bit hard but it is easy to go from beginning of game straight to end game, which seems wrong as there is no middle. Smithing makes so much bank it is crazy, hitting choice lord armies is huge bank, and yes shops still make good coin (tannery, brewery, smithing).

I don't like prescribing a game style to people. However, I will do it for the sake of a proper argument.

What I do is tourneys to start, no troops during this part. While doing tourneys I keep an eye out for good donkey prices and cheap materials to sell as I do tourneys. You can do this in empire and not have to leave, I however like Battanian tourneys as I like two handed weapons. This allows me to level trading, athletics, horses and my choice of weapons based on tourneys. It also gets me gear I desperately need.

Once I have 10K together I go south and pick up asarie warhorses for less than 800 a piece, take them north to batt or val and trade for 2k a piece. Grab fur and bring them back. Do this a few times and laugh at the dough you are raking in. Train that trader up. Setup a smithy shop in the town you wish to start your lordly campaign in. It will make you good gear to buy if you keep pumping the goods there.

Next I go merc after train 25 archers and 25 cav, easy to do when you have 50k in the bank. This is where it snowballs so damn fast it is an avalanche. I run down weaker lords.You need to keep as many cheap horses as you have footmen to keep that map speed up. I use batt or steep horse for cheap horses, mostly steep as they are everywhere out there. Don't be a hero, I play on realistic and one arrow with crap gear means you go down and you lose control of your battle lines. Lets just say your troops are so stupid without you.

After every win take your loot to the smith and get pumping that gear out. I sell two handers, pole arms and swords (tier 3) for about 10k to 30k a piece. This seems broken to me. Sell the crap you get from battles that isn't worth melting.

There are many others that don't do what I do and make huge bank. I just started doing this after 20+ game starts. It works but someone else probably does it better and faster.

The game balance is just not there and because of it the lords of factions are going war crazy. That I believe is why we see the huge nerfs. Not because they want us to to do bad but because what we are abusing is exactly what the AI abuses. Except for smithy, we are privy to abusing that where as the AI cannot.

Last edited:
So this is the 3rd or 4th update in a row that has caused me some concern. They're even talking about it on Youtube. First it was the reduction of workshop income, now it's the reduction to 1/20 (one twentieth!) of the influence gained when you give prisoners to your faction. For those who don't remember, that's about the only reasonable way to get paid as a mercenary (which is essentially how you slog through the first half of the game in their current single player mode) because your income is based entirely on your influence. And it drops every day too!

What is going on? I've put down this game until someone at Taleworlds figures out their head from their ass because at this point it's unplayable. The best workshop in the game manages to get me 30 silver after paying about 16000. On top of that, I can't even progress to having a chance of lordship until I finish this stupid clan leveling, which now is next to impossible thanks to yet more changes!

Well my Smithys and Brewerys all of Caladria give me at least 250+ Denar Wihle my Caravan brings around 1000 after Payments.
As a Tier 3 Clan i got an 210 Denars MErc Contract and made around 4500 per Day.

Yes, you have to be very active as a Merc to earn good money, but then again, woud you pay a Band of lazy Mercs wich brings you a few Looters a Year?

I'm all for lowering income from workshops but if they do that they need to make some kind of adjustment to weapon and armor prices for top tier stuff.

Not like being a merc is profitable anyway. You can get 10k+ just from 1 lord by selling the loot. That measly influence is nothing compared.
Early game is going to be hard. You have no equipment, no skills, no troops. If you don't like the early game then just cheat yourself some money and get on with the fun stuff.

Well They shoud a few More Starting options aftrer your First playtrough. Start like a Merc or a Small Vassla, as Trader or Wathever

Pro Top smelt Parts and forge 2h Sword if the highst Tier possible. After you reach like 50+ Smithy Skill you can sell Sword for around 12k per PIECE
Even better if you can make javelins they go for 17K+ and that's for the 2nd lowest tier, top tier go for something like 60k which can't even be sold in most towns. It's broke as hell atm but it easy money once you get to that point.

Seems to me you are playing the game wrong. My lowest income workshop is 605 daily. They did a big nerf to influence yes, but it was way to OP, i was getting 60 influence each day before the nerf and that was just passive, along with prisoners it was easily more influence income then i could spend on armies and votes. And it may get some more tweaks.

Seems to me you are playing the game wrong.

This is the game's fault, not the player's. If the game presents you with a load of options and playstyles, all of them should be viable. Right now your only real option is to grind the same easy activities until you get enough money for more permanent income. The quests suck, the merc income sucks, the trade sucks. Spamming looters is the only thing anyone does in the early game, which is inexcusable since the earlygame should be the most fun and varied part of a sandbox RPG like this.

This is the game's fault, not the player's. If the game presents you with a load of options and playstyles, all of them should be viable. Right now your only real option is to grind the same easy activities until you get enough money for more permanent income. The quests suck, the merc income sucks, the trade sucks. Spamming looters is the only thing anyone does in the early game, which is inexcusable since the earlygame should be the most fun and varied part of a sandbox RPG like this.

Yeah I have to agree here, the early game has always been the highlight of my enjoyment, not so here.

I spend all my early game trading and if i saw a looter in my path only then would i go after it. And you cant just buy a workshop and slap whichever you fancy on a city and expect a decent income.

Back
Top Bottom