Taleworlds won't be at E3, will be at Gamescom, matchmaking, blogs

Users who are viewing this thread

I think they redesign the map to fix the things mentioned in the previous blog. They don't wanna make bandits to walk circles etc. But I don't think so that the map redesign would be too big job with their current tools. They just relocate all the current villages and castles -> few weeks work max with all the testing with their new heat map tools. That also probably has no effect on the missions.

Terco I have to agree yet again. Where is this much needed official forums love that was promised to come once Duh made his way over to the land of crescent and star? This keeps happening... A terrible pattern of crushed hope.

Insider said:
As my account is new I can't post pictures or links apparently, but I quote Callum:

"We are deeply sorry for disappointing our community by announcing the game so early and especially for giving the impression that the game would come out much sooner than it will. Unfortunately, we don't have a time machine and we can't go back and change that, so at this point, all we can do is apologise and keep working on the game until it is ready for you all to play."

Release date is still far (my opinion, based on what he says about the blogs):

"We will make a big song and dance of it when we announce the release date. It won't be buried in a blog covering some separate topic, I can assure you of that!

And we still have plenty left to talk about from the game! We just try to talk about the different aspects of the game, its development, and the team making it in the blogs. Last week's blog was more of a development-focused one, showing you one of the tools we created to give us data about what is happening in the game."

Matchmaking:

"We will be making server files available to our community, so you won't be limited to matchmaking if that isn't for you. And for larger game modes like siege, matchmaking is there just to find you a server that is highly populated and close to you."

Callum said also that the game won't be available as an Epic exclusive, will be on Steam, and Bannerlord will have an anti-cheat system

On the Discord channel of Warband Callum answered on February 21st some of the users' questions, and one was about the state of the game (how much of it is finished). Callum's answer:

"quite a lot, most of the early and mid game, however we are still adding features and reworking existing  ones"

He also commented that the number of units they are aiming for in battles is 500 vs 500

Do not triple post please, this isn't discord.

Thanks for this very useful info. I am expecting to see not unfinished stuff this year but full scale battles, sieges, and multiplayer gameplay that reveals all gamemods.
We can except early access release date at least.

Hulagu said:
Insider said:
As my account is new I can't post pictures or links apparently, but I quote Callum:

"We are deeply sorry for disappointing our community by announcing the game so early and especially for giving the impression that the game would come out much sooner than it will. Unfortunately, we don't have a time machine and we can't go back and change that, so at this point, all we can do is apologise and keep working on the game until it is ready for you all to play."

Release date is still far (my opinion, based on what he says about the blogs):

"We will make a big song and dance of it when we announce the release date. It won't be buried in a blog covering some separate topic, I can assure you of that!

And we still have plenty left to talk about from the game! We just try to talk about the different aspects of the game, its development, and the team making it in the blogs. Last week's blog was more of a development-focused one, showing you one of the tools we created to give us data about what is happening in the game."

Matchmaking:

"We will be making server files available to our community, so you won't be limited to matchmaking if that isn't for you. And for larger game modes like siege, matchmaking is there just to find you a server that is highly populated and close to you."

Callum said also that the game won't be available as an Epic exclusive, will be on Steam, and Bannerlord will have an anti-cheat system

On the Discord channel of Warband Callum answered on February 21st some of the users' questions, and one was about the state of the game (how much of it is finished). Callum's answer:

"quite a lot, most of the early and mid game, however we are still adding features and reworking existing  ones"

He also commented that the number of units they are aiming for in battles is 500 vs 500

Do not triple post please, this isn't discord.

Thanks for this very useful info. I am expecting to see not unfinished stuff this year but full scale battles, sieges, and multiplayer gameplay that reveals all gamemods.
We can except early access release date at least.

You are welcome!

Terco_Viejo said:
My bet (this year  :lol:) is a gamescom presentation + trailer/teaser with release date at the end of it.  :party:

tenor.gif

Arvenski said:
Terco_Viejo said:
My bet (this year  :lol:) is a gamescom presentation + trailer/teaser with release date at the end of it.  :party:
You're an optimistic man, I'll give you that. :razz:
Sundeki said:
Terco_Viejo said:

tenor.gif

I see that my comment has aroused some controversy... however I think that it has not been well understood or I did not know how to express it correctly. I have been making annual bets since preactically 2015...my comment was exclusively to the bet for THIS year...Next year I will make another one as it has become a tradition.  :lol:

vicwiz007 said:
Terco I have to agree yet again. Where is this much needed official forums love that was promised to come once Duh made his way over to the land of crescent and star? This keeps happening... A terrible pattern of crushed hope.
At this point, my community task is primarily focused on working with the globals on structure and policy matters. Beyond that, I am looking at documentation and some development related tasks.

Duh_TaleWorlds said:
vicwiz007 said:
At this point, my community task is primarily focused on working with the globals on structure and policy matters. Beyond that, I am looking at documentation and some development related tasks.

Would you be able to clarify if this whole 'new website/forums/etc.' is still in the works or has it been shelved  for now/temporarily due to the lack of an impending Bannerlord release date?

They are still in the works, but no final decision has been made on the date of release/migration. And just to clarify - I am (currently) not involved in the development of the website.

Honestly, I am very sad and feel my hope dying horribly after reading this news. I can understand TW and their desire to make the best M&B game possible and to polish everything before release, I can understand their position and their reasons. However, I can't stop myself from feeling like I got a huge blow.
And mind you, I'm not blaming TW for this, it's thier product and they are free to do whatever they want with it.

I just wanted to say that I had huge hope to see if not play the game by the end of spring or early summer (not a full game, but  an early access or beta version), and now I received the information that I will have to wait 5 more months before I get some solid information about beta/EA/release date. My only hope now is that TW will do as they promised about announcing the release date few weeks before the actual release and we will get the announcement at Gamescom.

Another point is that I would like to say thank you to Callum for providing us with this information this early, so we will not have any false expectations before Gamescom, although I agree that it would be great if such news could be published here as well, not by users but by someone from the team dealing with community.

Once again, sorry if this post will annoy you, I just wanted to went my frustration somewhere, and I'm pointing out that I do not blame TW or anyone in particular for this, I respect this company and wish them nothing but good things.
Thank you for your time reading this.

Duh_TaleWorlds said:
They are still in the works, but no final decision has been made on the date of release/migration. And just to clarify - I am (currently) not involved in the development of the website.

Imo. You are doing too much yourself. You could just hire some 3rth party web house to make the website and transfer all data to the new forum platform. Typically those houses are able to plan the working marketing campaign for your game also.

Sundeki said:
Duh_TaleWorlds said:
vicwiz007 said:

Would you be able to clarify if this whole 'new website/forums/etc.' is still in the works or has it been shelved  for now/temporarily due to the lack of an impending Bannerlord release date?

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Ostrogoth Pikeman said:
Whatever happened to that new website they were talking about? Can you give us that for now?

We are still working on the new website and forums. Our plan is to update them and replace the existing ones sometime closer to the release of the game.

Callum insisted on some more Steam comments posted today that the current build of the game "it is missing some features right now related to late-game mechanics". He also answered a question about stances and one-handed and two-handed weapons:

Question: "Will there be swords that allow you to use them as either 1 or 2 handed? I know mods for Warband had such weapons but I can’t recall if the base game did.
If they are included do you think the One-Handed and Two-Handed weapon skills will level up individually while using either mode or will the XP be split between the 2?
I presume that only the skills from the mode you are using will come into effect while using the weapon but it will be interesting to see how they make it work with the new skill system."

Callum's answer: "Yes, the game has weapons that can be used both 1 and 2 handed. And the XP counts towards whatever "mode" you are using the weapon in."

Question: "Will you be able to dynamically change between weapon stances, or is that automatically decided based on whether you have a shield equipped?"

Callum's answer: "If you have no shield then you can toggle between the modes. It works the same way as throwing weapons that you can toggle between melee and ranged modes."

Somebody told Callum that the blogs where "pretty bare", and Callum answered that the blogs cover specific topics and they are not planning on expanding their length.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Ostrogoth Pikeman said:
Whatever happened to that new website they were talking about? Can you give us that for now?

We are still working on the new website and forums. Our plan is to update them and replace the existing ones sometime closer to the release of the game.
:lol: So, not for a while, then.

Wow, not attending to the E3 make it almost certain of no 2019 release date.

I'm starting to give up from this game by the way things are going.

After all, no expectations means no desilusion!

Etherius said:
Honestly, I am very sad and feel my hope dying horribly after reading this news. I can understand TW and their desire to make the best M&B game possible and to polish everything before release, I can understand their position and their reasons. However, I can't stop myself from feeling like I got a huge blow.
And mind you, I'm not blaming TW for this, it's thier product and they are free to do whatever they want with it.

I just wanted to say that I had huge hope to see if not play the game by the end of spring or early summer (not a full game, but  an early access or beta version), and now I received the information that I will have to wait 5 more months before I get some solid information about beta/EA/release date. My only hope now is that TW will do as they promised about announcing the release date few weeks before the actual release and we will get the announcement at Gamescom.

Another point is that I would like to say thank you to Callum for providing us with this information this early, so we will not have any false expectations before Gamescom, although I agree that it would be great if such news could be published here as well, not by users but by someone from the team dealing with community.

Once again, sorry if this post will annoy you, I just wanted to went my frustration somewhere, and I'm pointing out that I do not blame TW or anyone in particular for this, I respect this company and wish them nothing but good things.
Thank you for your time reading this.

Why did you have hope for this year in the first place? I've been waiting since 2012, i got rid of my hope long ago and now just keep waiting, silently, patiently.

Back
Top Bottom