Taleworlds, where is the Transparency & Communication? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

5 million copies sold, and with the influx of new gamers we get to deal with this shi*.

10~12 year veteran fans are staying calm and patient, and the newbies screaming entitlement.

**sigh**
10 year "fan" here. I facepalm everytime when I see some fanboys' foolish reactions to the simple demands such as more communication. I'm also baffled there's so little backlash from the community about the EA experience we're getting but I keep it to myself these days.

I assume community moderators and devs are under NDA and not permitted to discuss certain things like schedule and behind the scenes issues. TaleWorlds has said they've discontinued blog entries. I do not expect any communication other than patch notes and very limited responses to bugs and behavior issues in MP. This is ironic because they are in the middle of development by my estimation (maybe 50-60% complete), but released as if they are just wrapping things up this year. Why draw further attention to bugs and missing content though? If they set a schedule or change expectations what would they gain? They have enough excellent reviews on steam and media / social coverage to continue selling. TW are in good position, they will remain profitable whether or not they prioritize quality of game and hire more devs or retain staff for longer. We can only wait to see what comes of this. Mount and Blade never felt finished, neither did Warband. Despite my hopes, maybe there is no reason to assume Bannerlord will be any different. Maybe Taleworlds is incapable or unwilling of finishing what they started.

Last edited:
They have always been an indie studio. TW just happened to find a popular and successful formula that attracted more profit and attention than they can handle. Stop treating this as a AAA game would help a lot to adjust your expectation. It's a small indie game developed by a small indie studio.

Small indie studios don't rake in almost a quarter of a billion dollars on a game sale my dude, lmao.

10 year "fan" here. I facepalm everytime when I see some fanboys' foolish reactions to the simple demands such as more communication. I'm also baffled there's so little backlash from the community about the EA experience we're getting but I keep it to myself these days.

Man, so many 10 year "fans" around who just joined the forum recently or last year. It is quite the phenomenon.

Factually, we are stakeholders. In case you don't understand what a stakeholder is, a stakeholder is anyone who is affected by a business. So yes, we, the customers, are very much considered stakeholder. That is inarguable. And fyi, a coffee drinker who drink Starbucks' coffee is also very much 100% a stakeholder.

:lol:

I remember a quote from the dev of Kenshi: "You'll get what you get, when you get it"
Ended up making one of the best games I've ever played.

I remember a quote from the dev of Kenshi: "You'll get what you get, when you get it"
Ended up making one of the best games I've ever played.

I would agree with you in general, but 1) Kenshi was in much better shape at EA launch than Bannerlord is currently, and 2) Taleworlds has a history of running around in circles without actually accomplishing much. They are also actively asking us to provide feedback on bugs and such (the EA page even mentions questionnaires). It is a bit difficult to do so when we don't know what is going on with the game.

Man, so many 10 year "fans" around who just joined the forum recently or last year. It is quite the phenomenon.
Because we didn't join the forums back in 2005, we never played or saw ourselves as 'true fans'? Give me a break. Allow me to rephrase your sentence so that it makes more sense while showing how silly you sound.

Man, people wanting to discuss and engage more in the latest installment of M&B after a release date was given 10 years after Warband. It is quite a phenomenon.

Unbelievable.

Forgive the double post lol.
I assume community moderators and devs are under NDA and not permitted to discuss certain things like schedule and behind the scenes issues. TaleWorlds has said they've discontinued blog entries. I do not expect any communication other than patch notes and very limited responses to bugs and behavior issues in MP. This is ironic because they are in the middle of development by my estimation (maybe 50-60% complete), but released as if they are just wrapping things up this year. Why draw further attention to bugs and missing content though? If they set a schedule or change expectations what would they gain? They have enough excellent reviews on steam and media / social coverage to continue selling. TW are in good position, they will remain profitable whether or not they prioritize quality of game and hire more devs or retain staff for longer. We can only wait to see what comes of this. Mount and Blade never felt finished, neither did Warband. Despite my hopes, maybe there is no reason to assume Bannerlord will be any different. Maybe Taleworlds is incapable or unwilling of finishing what they started.
I don't know about the NDA, as it would indeed be ironic considering that we are literally in EA.

Furthermore, some people who experience bugs have actually been asked for saved games so they can identify the issue, which makes you wonder why they don't put announcements asking people to keep a lookout for said bugs. After enjoying the game for 200+h I have no issue doing test runs to find any sought after bugs. Looking through dev comments time after time however is so bothersome, and sometimes I delete saves with problems due to clutter, which sometimes might have been useful to the devs had I known they were looking for samples.

Example
I need save files for "lords going bankrupt" issue. I am making some tests and I see very less number of lords going bankrupt and they recover in short term. If you have any save file showing this situation (especially ones who cannot recover or most of lords of a kingdom in bankrupt) you can upload and send me.

Edit : I find one sample. Aserai leader Unqid was in bankrupt. He had 225 troops using 100% party size so do not consider taking men from garrison even garrisons have more than expected (in bankrupt they take men from garrison to lower costs). Also Aserai has no enemy in current game and he cannot find a way to attack and lower his party men count. There is no mechanism for now to disband troops for AI. Maybe it should be added.
Of course, this is buried on the 9th page of a thread, so WILL be easily overlooked by a large portion of users.

:roll:
Some people don't care if they don't have a useless "Veteran" tag under their precious forum name. They'd rather play the game. I've played Warband since 2013, and only got an account last year. Quit your elitist bull****.

Some people don't care if they don't have a useless "Veteran" tag under their precious forum name. They'd rather play the game. I've played Warband since 2013, and only got an account last year. Quit your elitist bull****.

I won't and I don't believe you or the others either. I am sure none of them are just BS accounts from people with more than one account so they can spew whatever nonsense they like and not ruin their reputation (or perhaps are just embarrassed). I am sure that none of them are liars either and I am sure they all need your "chivalrous" self to come and defend them. Was I even talking to you or the other who replied to me? I was not, so why did you feel the need to insert yourself into the conversation? I know, because you are a nosy busybody who feels personally insulted. I bet you sit by the wayside listening to everyone's conversation just so you can get your butt hurt and immediately live your sick fantasy of being a victim.

You and the other remind me of those Russian or Chinese bots that spam anyone who comments anything they don't like on the internet. In my opinion, If you were an actual fan, you would have joined the forum a long time ago. Even if just to show some appreciation for all the so called hours you have enjoyed playing the game. And by the way, I have 2000 hours in Warband (including many mod playthroughs and of course Viking Conquest) so don't spew your nonsense of "I'd rather play the game because it is so hard to sign up on a forum even though it takes a couple minutes at most." I signed up over 12 years ago and this will be my 726th post in over 12 years. I assure you, it wasn't hard, but perhaps what I find simple is difficult for you. Please, continue your pointless ranting. I do so enjoy reading this nonsense while I am living in quarantine for now.

I won't and I don't believe you or the others either. I am sure none of them are just BS accounts from people with more than one account so they can spew whatever nonsense they like and not ruin their reputation (or perhaps are just embarrassed). I am sure that none of them are liars either and I am sure they all need your "chivalrous" self to come and defend them. Was I even talking to you or the other who replied to me? I was not, so why did you feel the need to insert yourself into the conversation? I know, because you are a nosy busybody who feels personally insulted. I bet you sit by the wayside listening to everyone's conversation just so you can get your butt hurt and immediately live your sick fantasy of being a victim.

You and the other remind me of those Russian or Chinese bots that spam anyone who comments anything they don't like on the internet. In my opinion, If you were an actual fan, you would have joined the forum a long time ago. Even if just to show some appreciation for all the so called hours you have enjoyed playing the game. And by the way, I have 2000 hours in Warband (including many mod playthroughs and of course Viking Conquest) so don't spew your nonsense of "I'd rather play the game because it is so hard to sign up on a forum even though it takes a couple minutes at most." I signed up over 12 years ago and this will be my 726th post in over 12 years. I assure you, it wasn't hard, but perhaps what I find simple is difficult for you. Please, continue your pointless ranting. I do so enjoy reading this nonsense while I am living in quarantine for now.
Lol pathetic.

Asking for more communication from the developers is not ranting, it's a perfectly reasonable request, whether you are a veteran or a newcomer. Quite frankly don't understand how a developer studio with over 100 employees don't manage to get the bare minimum of communication with their customers going.

On the other side of the coin, the user has been on these forums for many years. I am not claiming if it was continuous or not, because I certainly wasn't here for that time. But I have been around other forums for a similar timespan and those who stay a part of a forum that long are...for lack of better words aware of how the forum decorum is. not because they are elite, but because if they didn't gel with it already they wouldn't have stuck for so long. To say another way they have one way or another find using the forums enjoyable, useful, or otherwise positive. It is hard to maintain that for a decade if one is always feeling negative emotion.

Asking for more communication from the developers is not ranting, it's a perfectly reasonable request, whether you are a veteran or a newcomer.

It certainly is. I will say there is a scattershot approach to communication. If I dig I can find dev responses to threads and that gives great insight. It is great because it addresses things in a very direct manner (at its best) however it always results in a lack of a unified message since if you don't hunt for the dev replies it seems there is no communication at all. I wonder who it was that proposed the weekly beta idea and if that is the same person that actually does the communication

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom