Taleworlds, where is the Transparency & Communication? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

You are literally generalising a populace of the fandom and are confused why someone would call you out?

Again, I am picking these sentences out of your rant and accusations.

Right, so the other guy wasn't generalizing a populace when he called people "Fanboys". Where were you when they needed you white knight? Oh yeah, no where to be found. But you certainly felt the need to come after me. How very fair, unbiased and not hypocritical of you. Or perhaps you should have just minded your own business? But continue to waste time in this thread and blame it on me lol.

Right, so the other guy wasn't generalizing a populace when he called people "Fanboys". Where were you when they needed you white knight? Oh yeah, no where to be found. But you certainly felt the need to come after me. How very fair and unbiased and not hypocritical of you.
I never said I agreed with him(I will say I do though), but I also never found a reason to interfere as it didn't concern me the same way how Scar didn't concern me. You indirectly calling me a liar and a fraud on the other hand... all on the basis of the date that I created a forum account. Please read your own posts before accusing people for reacting to... well, your own posts.

Right, so the other guy wasn't generalizing a populace when he called people "Fanboys". Where were you when they needed you white knight? Oh yeah, no where to be found. But you certainly felt the need to come after me. How very fair and unbiased and not hypocritical of you.
Poor guy.. There's nothing wrong about you and yet, everyone is "coming after you". Trying so hard to manipulate people here, narcissist people tend to think everyone else around them is so easy to fool. This was the comment I replied to
5 million copies sold, and with the influx of new gamers we get to deal with this shi*.

10~12 year veteran fans are staying calm and patient, and the newbies screaming entitlement.

**sigh**

I never agreed with him, but I also never found a reason to interfere as it didn't concern me the same way how Scar didn't concern me. You indirectly calling me a liar and a fraud on the other hand... all on the basis of the date that I created a forum account. Please read your own posts before accusing people for reacting to... well, your own posts.

Yeah okay, keep trying to tell yourself that. I never even called you a liar or a fraud, now you are just making things up. You don't even fit into what I said in my original comment, which is funny, because you aren't even someone who joined in the time frame I mentioned. Way to interject yourself into something that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Poor guy.. There's nothing wrong about you and yet, everyone is "coming after you". Trying so hard to manipulate people here, narcissist people tend to think everyone else around them is so easy to fool. This was the comment I replied to

Lol, now I am manipulating people. I never realized what a mastermind I was. Should I quote some of the posts you have made in other threads? If you want to call someone a jerk, perhaps you shouldn't also be one yourself?

Man, so many 10 year "fans" around who just joined the forum recently or last year. It is quite the phenomenon.
My first reply was stating that just because people join the forums now doesn't mean they weren't a fan before.

You went on...
I am sure none of them are just BS accounts from people with more than one account so they can spew whatever nonsense they like and not ruin their reputation (or perhaps are just embarrassed). I am sure that none of them are liars either and I am sure they all need your "chivalrous" self to come and defend them.

You and the other remind me of those Russian or Chinese bots that spam anyone who comments anything they don't like on the internet. In my opinion, If you were an actual fan, you would have joined the forum a long time ago. Even if just to show some appreciation for all the so called hours you have enjoyed playing the game.
I said your opinion is your own despite this being a clear insult to a large demographic. I agreed with you while trying to go back to the topic at hand. I will say I shouldn't have mentioned your name directly when replying to chemical_art.

Past that, you just kept denying your own posts despite the evidence being there. I don't need to tell myself anything, there is written proof lol. I fit the demographic you called BS accounts, claiming me and others similar in my position to be liars and furthermore Russian or Chinese bots. You are accusing us of fraud by claiming we are something we are not(look up the definition if you are unsure). Now you are surprised you are being called out.

Go ahead buddy. I'm curious.

Come on man, you have called people trolls, idiots, fanboys, and been overly aggressive to quite a few people who have opposing opinions to yours. Basically anyone who defends the game or taleworlds in threads you have participated in. You can't deny this. Do you really want me to copy and paste your threads like that? How about saying things like "Masturbate to your ego" or calling people idiots or fanboys for not agreeing with you, or discounting all opinions that are opposite of yours. You have plenty of posts like this. Look how aggressive you got for my comment which wasn't even that bad.

Come on man, you have called people trolls, idiots, fanboys, and been overly aggressive to quite a few people who have opposing opinions to yours. Basically anyone who defends the game or taleworlds in threads you have participated in. You can't deny this. Do you really want me to copy and paste your threads like that? How about saying things like "Masturbate to your ego" or calling people idiots or fanboys for not agreeing with you, or discounting all opinions that are opposite of yours. You have plenty of posts like this. Look how aggressive you got for my comment which wasn't even that bad.
Jesus christ. You sound like someone who seriously needs to get laid.
I don't understand why you keep spamming my thread buddy. Any reason why you keep commenting on a topic that you already made an impression that you don't agree? You feel the need to keep coming here to masturbate your ego or something? You can imagine how does it look. This topic is intended as a discussion topic, keep your spams to yourself. Thank you.
I have nothing else to say to you. Enjoy your quarantine buddy.

My first reply was stating that just because people join the forums now doesn't mean they weren't a fan before.

You went on...

I said your opinion is your own despite this being a clear insult to a large demographic. I agreed with you while trying to go back to the topic at hand. I will say I shouldn't have mentioned your name directly when replying to chemical_art.

Past that, you just kept denying your own posts despite the evidence being there. I don't need to tell myself anything, there is written proof lol. I fit the demographic you called BS accounts, claiming me and others similar in my position to be liars and furthermore Russian or Chinese bots. You are accusing us of fraud by claiming we are something we are not(look up the definition if you are unsure). Now you are surprised you are being called out.

Except none of your so called evidence proved any point you were trying to make. If your point is that I was being elitist with my comment, ok that is your opinion. I admit I was wrong about The Sign of 33, but that doesn't mean I am wrong about everyone, hence the use of "Some" and "None" in the post you yourself quoted. I still stand by my comment also. Well, I am going to sleep now.

I can feel the fire burning in this thread through my computer screen from all these people who think having old accounts with elaborate rankings = inviolable authority. I for one only needed a simple official comms thread straight from the devs on why are there delays to soothe the players worries, when to expect patch updates, what kinds of bugs and code glitches they are currently working on fixing, as well as all other forms of meta stuff.
My only problem on the game is the gradual stuttering/lag/fps drop on simulated battles and slow loading times the more I spend playing, along with that 'audio echo' that gradually shows up with it, which meant there's a problem with the game audio coding process. And, from what I read, most of the said problems are only on the sandbox/campaign scenario, while other modes don't appear to have such problems as far as I am aware.

Edit: Forgot to mention re: slow loading times, that also includes loading saves, transitioning between map mode, battle/siege mode, and menu mode (aka inventory, character profile, trading, etc.), and especially whenever I exit the game, the loading time there was disgustingly slow. All of these issues started showing some time after I updated the game to 1.1.0.
The problem was so bad I had to set the lighting, shadow and background audio effects to low, limit the framerate to 60 and the number of units fielded on battle/siege mode to a paltry number of 400, didn't help that the stutter/lag became intense whenever a set of units was loaded into the map while another retreats. It's so bad that whenever I press Alt+F4 (or Alt+Tab) my PC framerate is significantly affected just from the game running, that never even happened before, and my PC is custom built to run big games mind you.

The in-game stutter/audio overload and the memory/RAM leaks really needed urgent fixing ASAP, I'm sure many people have such problems but don't report them since they won't even bother to make accounts here due to varying degrees of spring fever.

Last edited:
Except none of your so called evidence proved any point you were trying to make. If your point is that I was being elitist with my comment, ok that is your opinion. I admit I was wrong about The Sign of 33, but that doesn't mean I am wrong about everyone, hence the use of "Some" and "None" in the post you yourself quoted. I still stand by my comment also. Well, I am going to sleep now.

Then I shall leave you this for the morning.
I don't believe you or the others either. A response to - I've played Warband since 2013, and only got an account last year. Quit your elitist bull****.
You made your stance clear. My point is not to make you look bad, but to make you understand how your skepticism is severely misplaced in this thread. Not only that, but your hypocrisy is also severe.

Here, enjoy:

The Start
5 million copies sold, and with the influx of new gamers we get to deal with this shi*.

10~12 year veteran fans are staying calm and patient, and the newbies screaming entitlement.

**sigh**

The Reaction
10 year "fan" here. I facepalm everytime when I see some fanboys' foolish reactions to the simple demands such as more communication. I'm also baffled there's so little backlash from the community about the EA experience we're getting but I keep it to myself these days.

He mentioned to you when?
Man, so many 10 year "fans" around who just joined the forum recently or last year. It is quite the phenomenon. In response to - ?

Claiming Innocence Despite ?
Right, the pot calling the kettle black. My comment had nothing to do with you or the two others who felt the need to reply to me(hypocrisy here)?, but you have now dragged it out over several posts for something that you didn't need to get involved with(hypocrisy here)? . But only I am the problem? Lol, how about you look in the mirror? I can understand the person who I originally commented replying to me(Contradiction?)?, but the rest of you?

Not sure, what you are trying to prove here. Are you, or are you not, the person who decided to respond to me first about something that had nothing to do with you(hypocrisy here)?? Did you not also drag out this conversation over several posts? Or have I just been talking to myself here?

Hypocrisy 2.0
Right, so the other guy wasn't generalizing a populace when he called people "Fanboys". Where were you when they needed you white knight? Oh yeah, no where to be found. But you certainly felt the need to come after me. How very fair, unbiased and not hypocritical of you. Or perhaps you should have just minded your own business? But continue to waste time in this thread and blame it on me lol.

Where were you to white knight when kweassa accused newbies of entitlement in a thread that asks for a reasonable demand? Are you against the idea of more organized communication? Personally, I think it beats having to search dev replies on long threads.

Anyway, if I somehow, somehow got something mixed up, let me know and I will apologize. Anyway, let me rephrase my point since I know you will ask.

I do not believe it is just to accuse people of fraudulent acts based on no evidence but your two cents. That being said, you are justified and entitled to that opinion, just try not to be so surprised when the people you call out call back.

Last edited:

**sigh**
Well, the only shi* we have to deal here is that every fair thread is raided by so-called "calm veterans" with their idiotic judgments about what should be discussed and what not.

I won't and I don't believe you or the others either. I am sure none of them are just BS accounts from people with more than one account so they can spew whatever nonsense they like and not ruin their reputation (or perhaps are just embarrassed). I am sure that none of them are liars either and I am sure they all need your "chivalrous" self to come and defend them.

Some of them could very well be BS accounts. Of course, since you generalized in your previous statement this generalization does not surprise me.

Was I even talking to you or the other who replied to me? I was not, so why did you feel the need to insert yourself into the conversation? I know, because you are a nosy busybody who feels personally insulted. I bet you sit by the wayside listening to everyone's conversation just so you can get your butt hurt and immediately live your sick fantasy of being a victim.

Lol okay :roll: I call whoever out on their bull**** when they spew it. And you, sir, how spouted some. As I said, not everybody feels the need to create a forum account. Doesn't mean they haven't been fans for a while, and it doesn't mean just because they're new they aren't fans.

In my opinion, If you were an actual fan, you would have joined the forum a long time ago.

Lol gatekeeping much? I generally do not go on forums, simply because I have no need to. I joined this one because I am actually a huge fan of Warband and Bannerlord, and have been a player of Warband since, like I said, 2013. Believe me or not, I do not care.

On the other side of the coin, the user has been on these forums for many years. I am not claiming if it was continuous or not, because I certainly wasn't here for that time. But I have been around other forums for a similar timespan and those who stay a part of a forum that long are...for lack of better words aware of how the forum decorum is. not because they are elite, but because if they didn't gel with it already they wouldn't have stuck for so long. To say another way they have one way or another find using the forums enjoyable, useful, or otherwise positive. It is hard to maintain that for a decade if one is always feeling negative emotion.

I don't care who has been on here for 10 ten years or who has been on here for 10 days. And yes, saying your better because you spent more time on so and so a website and other people who have spent less are "Chinese and Russian bots," yes that is absolutely elitism.

So had a long day yesterday, didn't get around to reply to some of the post comments made to mine. So here it goes!

• From the top! your reply.

In no shape or form, we are "stakeholders".
  • Now we might have a different understanding of the word "stakeholders" . Now @duchuy613, does explain it in the more generic and common sense of the definition, in his post. My definition of the word is also in the extended context to the project management and product development tool, named SCRUM.
  • @duchuy613 original reply:
    Factually, we are stakeholders. In case you don't understand what a stakeholder is, a stakeholder is anyone who is affected by a business. So yes, we, the customers, are very much considered a stakeholder. That is inarguable. And FYI, a coffee drinker who drinks Starbucks coffee is also very much 100% a stakeholder.

As you said, games are like movies, there are works that have succeeded with no input. But for some reason, you forgot the fact that there's a massive amount of failed products, ranging from movies to books or music because there's no mean for mass feedback and suggestion. Movies and books are doom to either success or failure on release, but games are different, it can be improved and worked on even when it's released to the public. What do you think Early Access is for?

That said, there are literally TONS of games that became a success because of feedback from players. It's called constructive feedback, and it can massively affect how good or bad a game can be. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
    Thanks for the reply @duchuy613, +1. Though I would say the last sentence of your original post is a bit harsh. Not that I don't understand why it's in there (but just to be clear, talking about the sentence ending with "delusional".​

crimsonfilms said:
    1: Good forum communication equals development success.

2: There have been works that have succeeded in spite of zero mass input and there have been failures that have been focus-grouped to death.

Going to take these two arguments in one go, since they go hand in hand with the point I'm making.

• 1.1: I never said that, directly, though I understand that it's implied, in my original argument. But in your first post, you wrote -

And this brings up to my point of forums attracting high noise to signal ratio. 90% of users are not accustomed to providing timely feedback with precise unemotional language This is not a shot at users of this forum, this is true of 90% of any open forum for any product. Even niche high-end professional products suffer from this.
  • 1.2: In this post, you argue that because of the "90%" (statistics, that you have from where?), can't give concrete, valid, and constructive feedback, which is the reason why these forums don't work, isn't that argument also implying that, "good communication" , which can be translated to the above-highlighted words, is going to do exactly that? That seems a bit contradictory in my mind.
  • 2: Correct, games are definitely a part of the entertainment industries, but that doesn't validate your argument, simply because the way you use it, is taking the edge-cases of the data, and then making that the defining empirical data to assert your logic. Again like your first argument (1), you simply take out the data that best suits your needs. So a thought experiment: A man has a coat and a suitcase. This man can put on his coat, so it covers his body. This man can fold his coat and put it into his suitcase. Does the man fit inside his suitcase? He should, simply because his coat can and the man can be inside his coat, but because of restrictions of physics and anatomy, that is simply not the case. My point? it simply paints an inaccurate picture of any given situation.

On that note moving on.
    crimsonfilms said:
    I do want to state since the developer opened this forum, it is inevitable that they provide some form of feedback. That being said, it doesn't really change how good or crappy the game will be.
  • Also @JustinTime49 brings an interesting point to the table: his reply to yours (@crimsonfilms) -
    I do agree that forum communication isn't a deciding factor for game success but just look at the pinned beta updates that they put out. A large portion of feedback/bug reports stem from forum users, and the devs act majorly upon our findings. TW themselves are relying on us, and if you actually read through the forums, you will find they have been individually discussing with threads that have legitimate bugs and adding that onto their list while sharing their works.

• @JustinTime49, while you bring up an important point about how this forum has been used to test and fix various issues. I do disagree with the statement of forum communication isn't a deciding factor, while I agree it isn't a major deciding factor but to completely discard it, makes the rest of your point moot. So what is then, in your opinion, a deciding factor or better yet factors, in creating a successful product?

• I find it interesting that you both use this forum, with the idea that your comments and opinions aren't contributing and deciding factors that have no effect on the overall final product. Then why are you both here? Of course, that doesn't mean it will be "your vision" of the game. But it will have IMHO a positive effect on the final product, in some form or way.

Last edited:
Wow! The toxicity and rampant division in this thread and the entire community are somehow both hilarious and depressing at the same time. Clearly people are locked into two camps, kiss the game and TW's ass and say it's just so awesome and anyone who criticizes it is a myopic, entitled child, or the game royally sucks and is a piece of trash, and anyone who likes it is a "fanboy", and even if your approach is more moderate, you STILL get lashed out at. Generally, with both arguments, I see the points of them and agree with some of it, but this community has devolved into ridiculousness akin to American style right vs left politics. Come on, everyone loves M&B and is passionate about it for similar reasons, and starting a whirlwind of conflict is absurd, and others attempting to accentuate it by bringing it down to the initiator's level does not help.

Wow! The toxicity and rampant division in this thread and the entire community are somehow both hilarious and depressing at the same time. Clearly people are locked into two camps, kiss the game and TW's ass and say it's just so awesome and anyone who criticizes it is a myopic, entitled child, or the game royally sucks and is a piece of trash, and anyone who likes it is a "fanboy", and even if your approach is more moderate, you STILL get lashed out at. Generally, with both arguments, I see the points of them and agree with some of it, but this community has devolved into ridiculousness akin to American style right vs left politics. Come on, everyone loves M&B and is passionate about it for similar reasons, and starting a whirlwind of conflict is absurd, and others attempting to accentuate it by bringing it down to the initiator's level does not help.

Is this directed at my posts as well? Genuinely, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom