Taleworlds what will the end product look like?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been wondering for a very long time what their eventual goal for this game will be. The singleplayer at the moment is between mediocre and average enjoyment. I feel like the factions are extremely unbalanced and the game is an extreme grind and just feels unsatisfying. I primarily play MP and have just accepted that TW doesn't actually care about the state of MP. There is mediocre engagement with the community as to what TW is trying to do with it. At this point I hope its obvious that MP isn't going to be an ESPORTS game that they were hoping for and the fact that they created the class system and functions around Captain mode which maybe only 20-30% of the MP community plays is kinda aids and damages the integrity of the rest of the experience. We are getting necessary balancing fixes to certain game functions but there is a severe lack of content being pushed out where we either get 1-2 new maps for one of the 4 gamemodes every 2-3 months or maybe a single network patch or something. MP needs more attention and MP Devs on the forums have expressed that they are severely understaffed and resourced to produce the content they want to. SO WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR THIS GAME SP AND MP? BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF GUESSING WHETHER OR NOT THIS GAME IS WORTH OUR TIME AND PATIENCE ANYMORE.

I think it's pretty clear what TW want with their multiplayer, it's just the players that want different things. Or what is it that you dont understand about it?

The singleplayer is a bit more diffuse when it comes to content, I dont have a clue what future plans and features are.

I think it's pretty clear what TW want with their multiplayer, it's just the players that want different things. Or what is it that you dont understand about it?

The singleplayer is a bit more diffuse when it comes to content, I dont have a clue what future plans and features are.
I see the complete opposite. The MP has much more some to grow. From more maps and concepts to completely different modes we have yet to see EVER in Mount and Blade. If they do it right they can have longevity in both the single player modding community (like in their past games) and (hopefully) a competitive eSports environment that will keep the game alive for years to come. Not to say the single player doesn't need a lot of work but the MP is a fetus of the likes that we have never seen. The SP is basically a better version of what they have already done. The MP is an uncharted ocean of potential. I could be wrong though

It isn't though. They've gone back and forth on stuff like block delay, made seemingly random balancing changes that they go back on later, and left simple bugs unfixed for months. Usually when this cycle happens, there's a statement a few months later about how the game is cancelled.

That's why I asked what was unclear. The general idea is quite clear but mechanics and balance issues are not.

There is no game design end goal. They don't know how it's supposed to look, the game is developed as they go.

There is no game design end goal. They don't know how it's supposed to look, the game is developed as they go.
Yep thats called creating a game. But im pretty sure they have an roadmap sitting at their office but that will come with changes of course along with new ideas and other solutions

Yep thats called creating a game. But im pretty sure they have an roadmap sitting at their office but that will come with changes of course along with new ideas and other solutions
Wait your telling me that the devs are allowed to make desicsions for there own game?

NO that should be ilegal and they should lose there game making licence

Thats bad really. Look at Prophecy of Pendor mod as an example of fore-thought and how that fulfilled the initial intended theme of the game world. Obviously in actual game development -there are alot more obstacles in terms of technicals -but the authors still could and should have developed "The feel of this gameworld, the type of game politics, the types of game obstacles we wish to present our as follows _X" a long time ago.

As it is, feels like that aspect of the game is being developed as we speak which is kinda like filming a movie while your writing it and seeing where it lands. The seams will be very noticeable.

Wait your telling me that the devs are allowed to make desicsions for there own game?

NO that should be ilegal and they should lose there game making licence
Lol ik right its mindblowing xD

Ps. Watch out for Sturgian spies...Vladians dont drink beer!!! At least not cold ones...And that kid looks pretty Sturgian to me!
sUrtyRP.png

As it is, feels like that aspect of the game is being developed as we speak which is kinda like filming a movie while your writing it and seeing where it lands. The seams will be very noticeable.

Tell that to George Lucas or Peter Jackson :wink:

Last edited:
I have been wondering for a very long time what their eventual goal for this game will be. The singleplayer at the moment is between mediocre and average enjoyment. I feel like the factions are extremely unbalanced and the game is an extreme grind and just feels unsatisfying. I primarily play MP and have just accepted that TW doesn't actually care about the state of MP. There is mediocre engagement with the community as to what TW is trying to do with it. At this point I hope its obvious that MP isn't going to be an ESPORTS game that they were hoping for and the fact that they created the class system and functions around Captain mode which maybe only 20-30% of the MP community plays is kinda aids and damages the integrity of the rest of the experience. We are getting necessary balancing fixes to certain game functions but there is a severe lack of content being pushed out where we either get 1-2 new maps for one of the 4 gamemodes every 2-3 months or maybe a single network patch or something. MP needs more attention and MP Devs on the forums have expressed that they are severely understaffed and resourced to produce the content they want to. SO WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR THIS GAME SP AND MP? BECAUSE WE ARE TIRED OF GUESSING WHETHER OR NOT THIS GAME IS WORTH OUR TIME AND PATIENCE ANYMORE.

Please use the enter key to make separate paragraphs next time.

Back
Top Bottom