TaleWorlds, We Need a New Mexxico

Users who are viewing this thread

I dont know who you are or why your added responsibilities should be of my concern. If you or anyone else enlisted by or in association with TW are too busy to communicate with the community of an Early Acces game either recruit new, more talkative mods or dont release Early Acces. The whole premise of EA is interaction with the base. If that falls away, whats left? Upset players and a buggy game.

Allow me to stress this, this is not directed personally at you. I am not oblivious to the delicate situation you are in right now. But the melting pot that is this forum doesnt get diffused by banhammering critics.
While I agree with your general sentiment in regards to Taleworld's communication, I would like to come in support of Orion, he has spent lots of time and effort here FOR FREE. In my personal experience, moderating in situations like these is a very delicate situation to be in. Even by doing everything right by adhering to and enforcing the rules, people will be upset.
Orion ist not Taleworlds. Thank god. If he was, he wouldn't answer to you anyways. I nonetheless agree: "But the melting pot that is this forum doesnt get diffused by banhammering critics. But don't confuse that it is Orion's duty to banhammer people for breaking the rules. It's Taleworlds duty to diffuse the melting pot.

EDIT: However, looking a bit deeper into the thread that got MostBlunted banned, I need to admit that it's a bit difficult to understand what exactly got him banned if it wasn't his opinions. If I had to take an educated guess, it would be him making new threads over and over instead of sticking to the originals.

ANYWAYS

Yes, Mexxico being gone is a huge blow imo. In case he still reads the forums: Mexxico, you helped us a lot, and I hope you'll be successful in your future life. You really made a difference!

Last edited:
We don't ban people for criticism. How they choose to express their opinions is another matter entirely. Forum moderators are also entirely unpaid volunteer staff, so we had no say on the release of EA and have no more information regarding the game's development than what is posted here by developers. We're members of the community picked by existing mod staff to keep the peace. How anyone can accuse us of banning for criticism is just unfathomable to me. Have you looked at this board? Probably half of the threads have complaints in them, ranging from specific long-lived bugs to company-wide development practices and policies. If we banned for that sort of thing, I'd have no time between bans to tell you how silly it is to accuse us of banning for it.
He was never banned when he was too over the top on the dev hate racking up like 8 warnings but now since he's calmed down, changed his ways and stuck to criticising the game fairly he get's banned? What kind of backwards stupid **** is that?

Unban him now stop this nonsense HES A GOOD MAN A CHANGED MAAAAN

I might be wrong bot i dont think moderators are actual TW employees, or even being paid. Just some volunteers
You're right Adrivan, allow me to retract the entirity of my post.
no
Which is why I said, in association with.
While I agree with your general sentiment in regards to Taleworld's communication, I would like to come in support of Orion, he has spent lots of time and effort here FOR FREE. In my personal experience, moderating in situations like these is a very delicate situation to be in. Even by doing everything right by adhering to and enforcing the rules, people will be upset.
Orion ist not Taleworlds. Thank god. If he was, he wouldn't answer to you anyways. I nonetheless agree: "But the melting pot that is this forum doesnt get diffused by banhammering critics. But don't confuse that it is Orion's duty to banhammer people for breaking the rules. It's Taleworlds duty to diffuse the melting pot.

EDIT: However, looking a bit deeper into the thread that got MostBlunted banned, I need to admit that it's a bit difficult to understand what exactly got him banned if it wasn't his opinions.

ANYWAYS

Yes, Mexxico being gone is a huge blow imo. In case he still reads the forums: Mexxico, you helped us a lot, and I hope you'll be successful in your future life. You really made a difference!
The guy made over 10K posts on this forum, he obviously loves the game or what it can be as much as most people here. Probably more. Alot more. I am definetly not directing my posts at him personally or anyone personally for that matter.

But you are right, mods are here to make people adhere to the rules of the forum, albeit in a somewhat selective and inopportune manner.
As mods however they do appear closer to TW as us, mere peasants, can be. TW lays the groundwork, the policy in which certain matters are or should be handled and the footsoldiers carry out the orders as they see fit. But in that lies the folly, because does that mean that they shouldnt be held accountable in some degree? Saying ''my hands are tied'' is incredible easy.

In which I segway into the next segment of this saturday morning show.

We don't ban people for criticism. How they choose to express their opinions is another matter entirely. Forum moderators are also entirely unpaid volunteer staff, so we had no say on the release of EA and have no more information regarding the game's development than what is posted here by developers. We're members of the community picked by existing mod staff to keep the peace. How anyone can accuse us of banning for criticism is just unfathomable to me. Have you looked at this board? Probably half of the threads have complaints in them, ranging from specific long-lived bugs to company-wide development practices and policies. If we banned for that sort of thing, I'd have no time between bans to tell you how silly it is to accuse us of banning for it.

You're cherrypicking one statement in disregard of the others and hyperboling in order to deflect from the real point of the post.
I wont engage in the "How dare he accuse us'' style of discussion, that will turn out into a contest in which I will break a rule and get put in a time-out corner.

Last edited:
When did I become sensitive? He knew the risk he was running when he posted it, and even openly acknowledged it several times before. It's more a pattern of behavior thing, not a particular horrific incident. He was also approached privately about it by other moderators in the past, and was told in no uncertain terms where the line was drawn & what to expect.
I'm aware that his overall demerits were how you justify the ban, but he was a well-liked forum member who couldn't help an occasional spicy rant against the company, not some disruptive psycho.
I hope there's an unban path for him and he will use it.
When you look at some of the MP scummiest users, you wonder how are they not permabanned for their vile nature and language that spills over on this forum - and they are still here somehow. But the gently sarcastic person that is @MostBlunted is not.

Other users most often miss all the inbetween steps in another user's case escalation, but for this one in particular, one can guess there were many of those steps, even by just looking at some of his posts, even most recent ones
I´m living on the edge with my warnings and I guess that this thread is just over the top.

hope there's an unban path for him and he will use it.
Orion did sum up things nicely here as well, but since the confusuion about this temporary ban spans over several threads, let me drop this here real quick
He's been dancing on the line for quite a while now, and occasionally he crosses it. We nudge him back and he slowly works his way to the line again. He was given 2 months to think about it.

Orion did sum up things nicely here as well, but since the confusuion about this temporary ban spans over several thread, let me drop this real quick
That's much clearer, thanks. The original Orionic formulation was ambigious, as if talking about some past probation period.
Since a 2 month ban is not so bad, why don't you ban him for longer, like "until the 1.6 patch". :razz:

Last edited:
I'm sure most of you agree that Mexxico and his openness and honesty are really missed here.

Mexxico went way beyond the limits of his role to communicate with the community.

We need JUST ONE member of the dev team to do the same... and pick up where Mexxico left off - communicating with us on a much more regular basis than the rest of the team.

To TaleWorlds: This would be massively in your own interest:

1) It would help to keep the community engaged

2) An engaged community that feels listened to properly is also a non-toxic community

3) A more content and non-toxic community is really an enormous benefit to your company - they can often become like your sales staff / sales agents for the game - promoting it to their friends in conversations.

This post is my attempt to be positive in the middle of all the recent gloom.

I hope they listen.

In the midst of all this I think we lost sight of the OP, which in itself holds a valuable message.
The root of the problem is communication. Not knowing what will happen, when it will happen. It makes people lash out and seek the validation they seek in other manners.

May I be blunt and ask the engaging moderators in this thread if there is someone in the dev team willing to take up the mantle that Mexxico left behind? If they know if someone can, and if that someone is willing?

If we tackle the root of the problem, instead of plastering bandaids, we might turn this salt-water ship.

In the midst of all this I think we lost sight of the OP, which in itself holds a valuable message.
The root of the problem is communication. Not knowing what will happen, when it will happen. It makes people lash out and seek the validation they seek in other manners.

May I be blunt and ask the engaging moderators in this thread if there is someone in the dev team willing to take up the mantle that Mexxico left behind? If they know if someone can, and if that someone is willing?

If we tackle the root of the problem, instead of plastering bandaids, we might turn this salt-water ship.
Yep thanks Grindelvald,

Yes, I hope someone might take notice. I mean I doubt it. But nevertheless, I think having one Dev keep in more regular touch with the community is a sensible suggestion and would be good for everyone. (For both us and TW)

First, mexxico cared about the community and helping which no other Dev has done in months since about 1.5.7 communication has been near zero. And question me on that that TW and I'll prove ya wrong
Second you notice how most responses from TW never address our concerns, the response from a mod in here was to the guys ban, not about communication or better relations with the community, they can't answer simple questions
and third that's why I have a Youtube channel, so my voice can't be silenced when I only speak my mind and thoughts and it differs from TW, can't silence the Kitten

So answer me this mod or TW dev, if you care about us as a community, how can you make a massive change to the game i.e. turning death on in combat, not put in patch notes and then take 2 weeks, yes 2 full weeks to make first communication as to what was happening when people are asking every day in the beta branch thread without a single response.. Answer why you think that is proper communication with your community, and that is just one example of many that I could give where mexxico and before 1.5.7 Duh would never make us wait

No point in community engagement lol. TW just cares for money anyway, keep ignoring fan requests and make false promises these guys will still praise every garbage hotfix u release.

The root of the problem is just the game being bad and the updates being disappointing. Poor communication just compounds on top of that, realistically if the game was good we'd just let the dev's get on with it instead of constantly begging for any sign of hope.

Every now and then there is some confusuion about moderation team being part of TaleWorlds, and/or vice-versa.
Both of which isn NOT correct.
I don't know, maybe it's because of the similar red flags under avatars :smile:
the response from a mod in here was to the guys ban, not about communication or better relations with the community, they can't answer simple questions
Because we are a part of the community and not part of TW.
Most of us have also criticized many aspects of both the game and community management that each of us personally thought deserved to be criticized; not that i think we should create a hostile gap between "us" and "them" in the first place.
In many ways the mod team knows as much as the next forumite, so simple question or not, one can't answer what one doesen't know.

I'm always glad to help in any way, providing the answers i do know.

A few devs do communicate with us. You know who they are. I do feel like they're somehow not able or willing (or maybe not allowed) to give us the info we want. I don't know, but i suspect they're probably just as frustrated about this whole thing as we are...

A few devs do communicate with us. You know who they are. I do feel like they're somehow not able or willing (or maybe not allowed) to give us the info we want. I don't know, but i suspect they're probably just as frustrated about this whole thing as we are...
As I have thought, it felt like right around 1.5.7 when death was enabled, something happened at TW where the devs who communicate with us so well almost went silent, like higher ups stepped in for some reason, TW is just a poorly run and managed company that if it weren't for mods would be a nothing, TW makes an OK game, Modders make it amazing. I just want it finished so I can get modders to fix all the dumb things they have done and refuse to listen and change.

Back
Top Bottom