TaleWorlds, We Need a New Mexxico

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I'm sure most of you agree that Mexxico and his openness and honesty are really missed here.

Mexxico went way beyond the limits of his role to communicate with the community.

We need JUST ONE member of the dev team to do the same... and pick up where Mexxico left off - communicating with us on a much more regular basis than the rest of the team.

To TaleWorlds: This would be massively in your own interest:

1) It would help to keep the community engaged

2) An engaged community that feels listened to properly is also a non-toxic community

3) A more content and non-toxic community is really an enormous benefit to your company - they can often become like your sales staff / sales agents for the game - promoting it to their friends in conversations.

This post is my attempt to be positive in the middle of all the recent gloom.

I hope they listen.

Last edited:
Never even saw the guy post. Either way, I'm not looking for someone to make me feel good, I want results and work properly prioritised for the game.

Never even saw the guy post. Either way, I'm not looking for someone to make me feel good, I want results and work properly prioritised for the game.

If you never saw a Mexxico post on these forums then either:

A) You really haven't been here very long at all ... or you only look at a few forum posts
B) You're high or drunk C) Both of these

:smile: I'm just joking but....

I'm sure you would feel better about the game if someone properly communicated:

1) What's happening with the development of the game right now - (much more than just the occasional dev blog) .
2) What is making the development so slow - what the problems and challenges have been
3) How they are planning to face those challenges and solve the problems for the future

Last edited:
WTF?

He is the one that solved the snowballing problem. He is the the one that talks to us scrubs.

He and Duh are like the only guys from TW who care.....they´re devs but doing a better job then TWs community managers...(but that´s not hard lol)
Without Mexxico we are ****ed....

The day Mexxico leaves:

spidey.jpg

He was posting a lot of stuff on the weekend! Nobody expected this! And nobody demanded it! I think that he really loves this game (like us) and he is trying everything to make it the best! Not like his company....if he ever developes his own game, I´ll buy it day one! Without any screenshots or whatever. I trust him, no matter what.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, if you need more inside info, you'll need to take one for the team and get a job at Taleworlds. There are plenty of openings, just ignore their "need AAA experience" reqs, they really are desperate as no one applies.

Well he did something that TW is appearantly claiming its exclusive right for:

He was trying to ruin TW's reputation, but TW is more than capable of doing that themselves.

WTF?

He is the one that solved the snowballing problem. He is the the one that talks to us scrubs.

He and Duh are like the only guys from TW who care.....they´re devs but doing a better job then TWs community managers...(but that´s not hard lol)

The day Mexxico leaves:

spidey.jpg

He was posting a lot of stuff on the weekend! Nobody expected this! And nobody demanded it! I think that he really loves this game (like us) and he is trying everything to make it the best! Not like his company....if he ever developes his own game, I´ll buy it day one! Without any screenshots or whatever. I trust him, no matter what.
If you only cared about a lack of immersion, issues with MP, companions being screwed up or your favorite troop type performing like garbage, it was easy to miss every single one of Mexxico's posts.

Mexxico was/is a really nice guy. If anything he might have been a little too open sometimes but overall gonna miss him. He really knew his stuff.

That's exactly why there *won't* be another Mexxico :'D

I think his rant thread did him in, "you ****ed up TW" was too much for the sensitive moderation team.
RIP MostBanned

His humor and snark will be missed o7

WTF?

The day Mexxico leaves:

spidey.jpg

Nooooo MostBlunted

WTF?

The day Mexxico leaves:

spidey.jpg

This guy speaking truth about utter lack of engagement from TW and the huge incompetence of the moderation team (which is blamed by their lack of engagement) finally gets engagement from moderators.

I think his rant thread did him in, "you ****ed up TW" was too much for the sensitive moderation team.
RIP MostBanned
When did I become sensitive? He knew the risk he was running when he posted it, and even openly acknowledged it several times before. It's more a pattern of behavior thing, not a particular horrific incident. He was also approached privately about it by other moderators in the past, and was told in no uncertain terms where the line was drawn & what to expect.

This guy speaking truth about utter lack of engagement from TW and the huge incompetence of the moderation team (which is blamed by their lack of engagement) finally gets engagement from moderators.
Are you asking for more engagement personally? I've been kicking around this forum for 16 years, long enough to get new responsibilities that take up more and more of my time. Forgive me if I'm not fighting in the trenches every day anymore.

When did I become sensitive? He knew the risk he was running when he posted it, and even openly acknowledged it several times before. It's more a pattern of behavior thing, not a particular horrific incident. He was also approached privately about it by other moderators in the past, and was told in no uncertain terms where the line was drawn & what to expect.

Are you asking for more engagement personally? I've been kicking around this forum for 16 years, long enough to get new responsibilities that take up more and more of my time. Forgive me if I'm not fighting in the trenches every day anymore.
I dont know who you are or why your added responsibilities should be of my concern. If you or anyone else enlisted by or in association with TW are too busy to communicate with the community of an Early Acces game either recruit new, more talkative mods or dont release Early Acces. The whole premise of EA is interaction with the base. If that falls away, whats left? Upset players and a buggy game.

Allow me to stress this, this is not directed personally at you. I am not oblivious to the delicate situation you are in right now. But the melting pot that is this forum doesnt get diffused by banhammering critics.

I dont know who you are or why your added responsibilities should be of my concern. If you or anyone else enlisted by or in association with TW are too busy to communicate with the community of an Early Acces game either recruit new, more talkative mods or dont release Early Acces. The whole premise of EA is interaction with the base. If that falls away, whats left? Upset players and a buggy game.

Allow me to stress this, this is not directed personally at you. I am not oblivious to the delicate situation you are in right now. But the melting pot that is this forum doesnt get diffused by banhammering critics.

I might be wrong bot i dont think moderators are actual TW employees, or even being paid. Just some volunteers

We don't ban people for criticism. How they choose to express their opinions is another matter entirely. Forum moderators are also entirely unpaid volunteer staff, so we had no say on the release of EA and have no more information regarding the game's development than what is posted here by developers. We're members of the community picked by existing mod staff to keep the peace. How anyone can accuse us of banning for criticism is just unfathomable to me. Have you looked at this board? Probably half of the threads have complaints in them, ranging from specific long-lived bugs to company-wide development practices and policies. If we banned for that sort of thing, I'd have no time between bans to tell you how silly it is to accuse us of banning for it.

Back
Top Bottom