Taleworlds Threat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Im most likely posting in the wrong place, but I just recently(as in 4 mins ago) came to the Taleworlds site and I got a Norton warning saying this site has a Trojen horse

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Site Owner? Click here
taleworlds.com

Summary
•Computer Threats:  1
•Identity Threats:  0
•Annoyance factors:  0 

Total threats on this site:  1

•Community Reviews:  1 

The Norton rating is a result of Symantec's automated analysis system. Learn more.
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating on the right. 
General Info
Web Site Location    United States of America

Norton Safe Web has analyzed taleworlds.com for safety and security problems. Below is a sample of the threats that were found.   
Threat Report
Total threats found: 1

Viruses (what's this?)
Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list:

Threat Name:  Trojan Horse 
Location:  http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_1011_setup.exe 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I dont Believe this and this has probley already came to the Attention of the Admins.

I'm not sure but it might be far fetched? I dont believe it, but I thought the admins might wanna do something about it before it freaks everyone with Norton out

Whitestrake said:
I'm not sure but it might be far fetched? I dont believe it, but I thought the admins might wanna do something about it before it freaks everyone with Norton out

Or you could get a better anti virus?

Whitestrake said:

If you downloaded for the TW site, you're 100% safe.

Ravenheild said:
Whitestrake said:

Or you could get a better anti virus?
Ive got the Newest Norton anti-virus out, but im thinking the warning might be fake or a pop up, but if i click the site off and bring it back up I get the warning again. I'll just Ingore it, but heres the site if this can help anyone clarify if its real or fake http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=taleworlds.com

It sucks. It came free with my computer, and it's pretty ****e. It automatically updates every week, which takes about an hour, and I can't close it because there's a pop up box telling me it's searching for updates. Afterwards there's a quick virus scan that turns up threats in the hundreds, but a full scan reveals a clear system.  :neutral:

Avast automatically updates every time you connect to the internet and it doesn't sap system resources.  It even pops up and literally tells you that the virus database has been updated.

Judging how its free unless you are using it for business purposes I wouldn't have much of a job  :wink:

Whitestrake said:
Threat Name:  Trojan Horse 
Location:  http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_1011_setup.exe 

It's totally a dangerous trojan, once you download and run that goddamn exe file you just can't summon the will to uninstall it, and it very quickly hacks into your brain and makes you send $29.99 or so directly to Armagan.

Ruthven said:
It sucks. It came free with my computer, and it's pretty ****e. It automatically updates every week, which takes about an hour, and I can't close it because there's a pop up box telling me it's searching for updates. Afterwards there's a quick virus scan that turns up threats in the hundreds, but a full scan reveals a clear system.  :neutral:

Play with the settings and you can regulate when you update it yourself. I've had no troubles with Avast taking up my time, but it's probably outdated now, since I rarely update it. xD

New antivirus' are always over-protective... :sad:
Still, better safe than sorry! It usually takes a few months for the program to calm its over-excited self...Least, that was the case with Bitdefender.  :smile:

Actually, Norton isn't a bad piece of anti virus software, it was pretty bad 5 years ago but has improved a lot. That said, I also use Norton and am afraid that the problem stated at the start of this topic is still not resolved:

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=taleworlds.com

It might be something the admins want to look in on.

Back
Top Bottom