Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Animations in Warband are best described as 'janky'. Blocks are literally instantaneous. I get that it's easier - which is the whole point. No real rotational speed limits for turning.

We're all struggling with variables in attack speed, best way to deal with it is practice with specific weapons - which is, again, a good foundation for a better skill cap. Input delays need to go away but the concept is solid and being improved.

There will always be a mechanical best in slot - the point of classes is that you can't always play best in slot. You want best in slot armor options or mobility you literally won't have access to BiS weapons.

Again, your argument is based on 'chambering doesn't work and kicks don't work so it's not as good'. Except everything else about it is better and while people don't like them, variations between attack speeds between weapons will be a good thing when chambering and kicks work. It'll be harder to GIT GUD than warband, no question. That's the point.

Im guessing your predominantly a SP player that occasionally played TG arena?

Animations in Warband are best described as 'janky'. Blocks are literally instantaneous. I get that it's easier - which is the whole point. No real rotational speed limits for turning.
I've said this before, the animations in Bannerlord are no better. They're just slower. Movements are still odd looking and abrupt. Both games look janky and robotic, the only difference is whether or not the gears have been greased.
We're all struggling with variables in attack speed, best way to deal with it is practice with specific weapons - which is, again, a good foundation for a better skill cap. Input delays need to go away but the concept is solid and being improved.
You're awful at estimating the quality of features. No, the concept isn't solid. It's unintuitive, as players wouldn't know without explicit instructions, and the usage of it is obtuse. It's an objectively bad feature that is bad both from a high-level standpoint, and from a intuitiveness/entry barrier standpoint.
The "trend" with Bannerlord's bad changes is that they're universally bad, regardless of playstyle. Making things delayed is unfun at all levels of play.
There will always be a mechanical best in slot - the point of classes is that you can't always play best in slot. You want best in slot armor options or mobility you literally won't have access to BiS weapons.
The problem is that the advantages you choose are not of equal value, there's always the optimal choice and the crap choice. It's a terrible system that sacrifices everything good about what came before for a couple of absolute non-choices. If the "BiS" armour is a crap choice, it's not BiS.
Again, your argument is based on 'chambering doesn't work and kicks don't work so it's not as good'. Except everything else about it is better and while people don't like them, variations between attack speeds between weapons will be a good thing when chambering and kicks work. It'll be harder to GIT GUD than warband, no question. That's the point.
I love how you can't argue with anyone without strawmanning with "chambering and kicks don't work". The point is, countless other things don't work either. Fixing two broken things won't magically make the pieces fall in place, and that's fairly obvious.

PROTECT THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS

I said kinda the same thing earlier..I think :unsure: that's a lot of text bunched together, but that TL;DR is choice. I feel like people are arguing over nothing. MP has issues, and while some may disagree the extent of those issues because of personal opinions, I think we can all agree it needs improvement. SP is SP, it will be modifiable and in the end whatever changes you don't like will be in your control to change.

Again nice argument by a "i disagree" guy, it would be nice if you could read and quote my entire post/s because this sentence is out of context.
I don't blame people like you to be against anything better than clicking left mouse button, it would be clearly far above your capabilities.

Is anyone out there who can also remember these two tracks?

It was back in the Classic M&B Beta in 2008, when people where just happy diving into a medieval sandbox and having some fun with the overall gameplay. (Can't believe it's 2020 now, God I'm getting old)
The old Beta was fun and so was the Game after release. I think same will go for Bannerlord and I have no doubt TW will fix Noudelle's mentioned Issues in the Stage of EA when more and more people will agree to them.

The problem is, these problems have been around for months, most or all of the beta, and many have not even been acknowleged by the devs, so there is no particular reason to think they will be fixed by the final release.

I love those tracks by the way, yes I do remember them. Singleplayer made the game popular in the first place, the huge plethora of SP mods that were made (and are still being made) is testament to its continued popularity, and the game is so massively much more than the small competitive MP community thinks it is. One would think they would realise this, when one considers all the trailers, press releases and showcasing of any game in the series barely touches on the competitive side. Bannerlord has more emphasis on the competitive MP than any other game in the series, but compared to the talk about the general MP experience (like the awesome sieges people are raving about) and the SP, it is still a sidenote. And that's because SP is where the player has full control over the experience. I would be more convinced by an argument saying that Persistent World style MP should be the focus, because it could to an extent scratch some of the itch that SP players have. Does Safe and other of his kind think ultra competitive MP is the promised land that everyone secretly strives for? I want to be immersed in a medieval world, exploring, creating my own stories, not straining at a screen waiting for some other arsehole to make a mistake so I can kill him. That isn't fun.

I only just read this bit....you are incredibly deluded. Why would you even think that? Are you 'pretty sure' the coronavirus is a government hoax?
Dude get a life instead of trolling and **** posting on the forums, you have obviously no intention to say anything constructive, you are not even stating any opinions because you have nothing to say. You just keep personally attacking people that you don't agree with by taking single sentences out of context and leaving some 70 iq comments under it.

Im curious how many hrs ppl spend in sp mods, the most popular ik were deluge, persistent worlds/kingdoms, mercenaries, bear force II, Napoleonic wars (as official dlc module), full invasion, all multiplayer modules
Deluge was a very impressive, and sometimes very enjoyable mod, but it was, like most MP mods, very underpopulated, and soon after launch the population fell off a cliff. I had one of my favourite ever MP experiences in it when it had a big launch day; at least 100 players, maybe many more, with men in ranks of two to three in the gaps between field defences on the approach to a castle. Pikes, swords, halberds, muskets and pistols, while the enemy rode towards us (might have been AI attacking, I cannot truly remember). It was excellent- but after that, it quite soon fell in popularity, and after a few months I struggled to find even small servers with a decent number of players on. It was a great mod that mainly thrived with large battle sizes, but it almost never got a significant number playing.

BFII had fairly good numbers, but of the ones you mentioned I would say only NW and Full Invasion consistently had/have medium to high populations for prolonged periods.

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

those who call for censure instead of ignoring the thread are a disgrace to humanity.

Dude get a life instead of trolling and **** posting on the forums, you have obviously no intention to say anything constructive, you are not even stating any opinions because you have nothing to say. You just keep personally attacking people that you don't agree with by taking single sentences out of context and leaving some 70 iq comments under it.
Are you joking? You were rude and dismissive and ranted about your superior little community being the be all and end all of M&B. I've criticised your posts and now you want to write it off as trolling. More people probably do play native MP than SP regularly nowadays, but MP is something people casually junp into for a while, it is less of a committment than SP. I know, because I was a regular player of MP longer than I was a regular player of the SP- but the vast majority of the times I went into MP, most of the experience was waiting for something fun to happen, frustration at the behaviour of others, boredom- as often as not I'd quit during a round. SP, on the other hand, when I went into it, I would sink several weeks or months into a playthrough, regularly coming back to it, before taking months off it again, because it is a deeper experience.

That's true for any game (the ease of popping in for a bit of MP), but it doesn't mean the MP experience is necessarily a very good one. I am certain that the relatively few very fun experiences I've had in MP are miniscule in time spent playing compared to the experiences of being bored or annoyed at the game/other players. Moreover, millions of M&B owners will never have bothered with MP. The MP population of the game was never more than a few thousand per day, and that sort of figure was only reached by Warband native in the very earliest days. It soon dropped off a cliff, as did NW's population in the months after launch. NW events obviously can be massive, but we are still only talking about hundreds of players, and they are not all on at the same time (and, of course, they are private- most of the small MP playerbase don't even know when they happen).

So are you saying this thread has not been derailed?

I think it's better to let people say whatever it is they are going to say. It will do 2 things, one it will either set them up for their own destruction socially, or it will gather the like minded individuals and get them all in one fell swoop. It's much easier to let others shoot themselves in the foot then trying to stop them from shooting.

I do not think that it is false advertisement, the devs have changed combat in a way that for them is better and can say so, they also make very clear that the game is early access and there will be issues and things that are not balanced. We have to take into consideration that your feedback that has been extensive and much appreciated, has been for player versus player only.

If it does affect the single player experience, many people will join their voices to yours and maybe bring some of those issues higher up in the priority list of the devs. But it is important to keep in mind that the game is single player and multiplayer. And honestly many of the issues you rightly bring up, will not affect the single player experience or will be noticed.

I just think the combat is a bit rough around the edges, but it feels like an improvement over Warband. I just wish the shields were 10x more durable. I feel like they are useless against anything but projectiles.

Back
Top Bottom