Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Regardless of how many "aid" he has given in the forums this thread is looking for nothing but hate, the title itself its a clickbait to generate unnecesary and mindless conflict between everyone and its also trash talking without a good fundament. Again, close this.
Closing it would be censorship, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it should be closed.
It's been fierce here, but its purpose is to make Taleworlds listen for once about the shallowness of the combat, it's not just different, it's a huge step backwards

Closing it would be censorship, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it should be closed.
This is precisly the point. The forum is a place for all of you to discuss and express your opinion and we're not censoring that because of some sort of agenda on our side. Just keep it civil and be constructive and you're fine to proceed. Don't and you're the priviliged subject of moderation.
Some of you haven't made it easy, but as long as you don't resort to fingerpointing, hurling insults and into spamming pointless memes (looking at the spiderman faction) you're free to proceed.

It wasn't about how fast you can move something, just to move it.
Sure I can move my fist around at wanking hyperspeeds on repeat, but if I tried fighting like that it would be ridiculous.

Same thing with a sword, you can move it like that holding it vertically but it serves no function. Making effective swings and the inertia behind it all that also involves your whole body structure now is a different story. I know there's different kinds of cuts and techniques, and I don't base this on moviez, but you can't repeat that effective move at that same speed on a loop. This is a weird sub-topic in the thread anyways but still.

For example try suddenly transforming that side to side **** into one functional blow, without breaking speed or the momentum - or try to keep doing functional blows at the same speed as the side to side thing. Plus your balance and frame structure would be so off the mark that it's more likely to get you killed than do anything useful.

Technically combat is much improved. There is now an upwards thrust, you can shield bash, weapon bash, chamber etc. Couldn't do those things in warband.

Anyone who's criticizing Noudelle for 'not being constructive' or some garbage one liner like that, picture yourself in the following situation:
  • You are invited into the alpha/closed beta stage of a game you've been anticipating for 8 years. You've played its predecessor for 10. Man, this is exciting!!
  • The initial beta you are given is abysmal. Inexplicably bad. But you know what, it's ok. We've got 9 months to Early Access! I'm sure it'll all be alright!
  • You create threads, posts. You record videos, do very detailed frame by frame analyses. Document issues and propose solutions. Start important discussions. Doing your part as someone that cares.
  • During the entire process of providing what is objectively quality recorded and structured feedback - you are ignored. Ignored, ignored, ignored, ignored. Not counter-argued or explained the intended feature design. Straight up ignored. Some things in the development move forward, but it's never quite the(to you) important things.
  • Tired of being ignored, you squad up with other numerous combat or modding experts and participate in creating a concrete solution for combat fixes. Many hours spent into documenting parameters, testing and organising. No response.
  • You snap back and nine months have passed. Very little has actually moved forward. Now what? The release is imminent.
This is the unfortunate reality most alpha and closed beta testers invited from Warband are facing. The audacity of some of you here to take frequent jabs at people who have contributed more to this game's feedback and well-being is disappointing, but not surprising. Most of you so far haven't been able to provide more than five words in a structured sentence to debunk some feedback or write some yourself.

The original thread post is a ****post, but one that had a long time coming. Instead of being obtuse about it, read the above and try to picture where it's coming from. If you even can. Ironically, most of us will still support TW and naturally continue to test out the EA and still provide feedback, harbouring some hope the game will pick up the pace during EA. Personally, I don't see any compelling evidence for that happening but at the end of the day I care about the game considering nothing has come even close to Warband all these years when it comes to my preferred game time. There's nothing more that I'd like than being able to right now turn on some Bannerlord and have some good fun.

I feel that all this animosity stems from the apparent ****storm barrelling towards us, and there is nothing no one can do about it. It is like a tidal wave coming in, you have no means to stop it, or escape it, so you result to pointless arguments and mindless debates about who was correct and who was wrong in predicting such a calamity.

Personally I have little to no experience with bannerlord nor capability to address and improve what is necessary to see it succeed. But what I do know is based upon the views from those who actually know what they speak of.
For instance, Marko. To those of you fools who only see him as a high-horse Mod, you evidently know little to none about this community, nor it's forum. Not to rant on but Marko's been around here since the start of Warband, as a player, then a mod developer for the critically acclaimed Bearforce Mod then to a forum moderator, for a decade he's overseen the progress of Warband, the expectations of its community and the hopes and dreams inspired by the long campaign of Bannerlord's release.

My point is, if Marko sees the ****storm approaching, I'm going to take his word for it and you best be concerned too. To those of you with no experience or background berating about the supposed necessity for realism in combat for Bannerlord in a comparative measure to Warband, I ask you to stop wasting your time and see the real issues presented here.

This is precisly the point. The forum is a place for all of you to discuss and express your opinion and we're not censoring that because of some sort of agenda on our side. Just keep it civil and be constructive and you're fine to proceed. Don't and you're the priviliged subject of moderation.
Some of you haven't made it easy, but as long as you don't resort to fingerpointing, hurling insults and into spamming pointless memes (looking at the spiderman faction) you're free to proceed.

While I get what you're saying and don't want to censor anything.

This thread is completely off topic, boiled down to a warzone, no points are being proven anymore, it's literally just a toxic thread.

@Noudelle probably agrees somewhat that there's little to no knowledge to be gained here anymore.

This is just a thread for people to cry in.

"Oh my god the Warband MP people are complaining again."
"No the combat is good."
"I hate people trying to make the game (this way) and (that way)"
"You have no idea what you're talking about"

Paragraph after paragraph of people just saying the same thing. Not to mention half the people don't even care to read the ****ing walls of text that keep getting thrown out here.

I doubt a single person has actually read all 20 pages of this god forsaken thread because NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES TO READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING.

The fact that this thread, on the public side of the forums, has not ceased to exist yet, shows a complete lack of sensibility in the moderators. I get the freedom of speech aspect, but **** man, what's the point of being a moderator if this kind of thing happens?

This looks like that same **** when warband was released and some people were angry it's wasn't the same as the classic, warband is miles above M&B classic in combat and so is bannerlord above warband.

It was literally superb 3 days ago, and now I come back to the game, everything feels delayed and slow, I don't think my internet's at fault, it could be but still. And since today's update I can't play 10 minutew without crashing. Breaks my heart

While I get what you're saying and don't want to censor anything.

This thread is completely off topic, boiled down to a warzone, no points are being proven anymore, it's literally just a toxic thread.

@Noudelle probably agrees somewhat that there's little to no knowledge to be gained here anymore.

This is just a thread for people to cry in.

"Oh my god the Warband MP people are complaining again."
"No the combat is good."
"I hate people trying to make the game (this way) and (that way)"
"You have no idea what you're talking about"

Paragraph after paragraph of people just saying the same thing. Not to mention half the people don't even care to read the ****ing walls of text that keep getting thrown out here.

I doubt a single person has actually read all 20 pages of this god forsaken thread because NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES TO READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING.

The fact that this thread, on the public side of the forums, has not ceased to exist yet, shows a complete lack of sensibility in the moderators. I get the freedom of speech aspect, but **** man, what's the point of being a moderator if this kind of thing happens?

So basically, you think nobody gives a **** about what people are writing yet apparently you do care ( it's ok though, can't blame you, many interesting things on this thread :smile: ) + you get the freedom of speech yet you'd like to see this thread deleted because ? Nobody insulted anybody's mom or anything.

Hopefully you're not a moderator nor a developper.

Last edited:
So basically, you think nobody gives a **** about what people are writing yet apparently you do care ( it's ok though, can't blame you, many interesting things on this thread :smile: ) + you get the freedom of speech yet you'd like to see this thread deleted because ? Nobody insulted anybody's mom or anything.

Hopefully you're not a moderator nor a developper.

You're delusional and your passive aggressive attempt at insulting me was in pretty poor taste.

Yes, I get freedom of speech. But this is a civil forum meant for civil discussion. Considering this thread has gotten more replies and almost as much traction as the Premade Class Discussion thread on the beta forum and it all started out of someone saying "combat bad still haha" it's pretty evident that this is just a dump of random thoughts and ideas and a lot of heated people.

I never said no one gives a ****, if anything I portrayed exactly the opposite. Everyone gives TOO MUCH of a **** right now, and in the wrong place. If all these people want to improve the game state, make an actual thread, talk like civilized people, and stay on-topic.

Please control yourself.

You're delusional and your passive aggressive attempt at insulting me was in pretty poor taste.

Yes, I get freedom of speech. But this is a civil forum meant for civil discussion. Considering this thread has gotten more replies and almost as much traction as the Premade Class Discussion thread on the beta forum and it all started out of someone saying "combat bad still haha" it's pretty evident that this is just a dump of random thoughts and ideas and a lot of heated people.

I never said no one gives a ****, if anything I portrayed exactly the opposite. Everyone gives TOO MUCH of a **** right now, and in the wrong place. If all these people want to improve the game state, make an actual thread, talk like civilized people, and stay on-topic.

Please control yourself.

I'm perfectly calm, you should control yourself though.

Calling Bannerlords combat system a downgrade in competitive aspects when you compare it to Warband is 100% true. Everyone who doubts it needs to just answer one simple question : how many features can you effectively utilise to gain an advantage over your opponent? Shield bashing? I doubt it and it's an old feature from wb viking dlc. Feinting? That doesn't exist in Bannerlord, it's just switching attacks directions. Chambering? It's so broken that it's even difficult to call chamber try a gamble.
For some very inexperienced singplayer fans animations may be a big advantage that speaks in favour of Bannerlord but pvp has been clearly reduced to block and hit exchange without any good way to speed it up and make more exciting than flipper or chess game.

Back
Top Bottom