Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah such an amusing thread from such a lighthearted post.

The combat is subjective, but personally to say it is an overall improvement on warband's combat is untrue. Yes, shield bashes are nice in bannerlord, archery feels always pretty damn nice but... the combat itself on foot? I feels janky, slow. Chambers are basically non-existent anymore because they're that complicated and hard to do, kicking is just asking to die. Hit boxes are horrendous, on countless occasions I've had my shield raised in FRONT of the enemy and they've just hit through my shield. And don't get me started on side swings. Shield HP is insane, doesn't make it fun trying to break someone's shield when you had to hit the shield a couple dozen times to do so. The blocking delay - BTW there was one in warband for all those trying to say there wasn't, but the delay is infuriating when you KNOW you should have blocked an attack and the game insteaed decides to stop you. In part I agree with the attack delay, it helps slow down spammers but again that has gone too far, and I can't even feint half the time and I end up in duels which are just boring because I find it hard to fool the enemy with my swings. Also those saying cav is harder in bannerlord... they're so wrong lmao. Horses are nice to use and such, but saying using cav is harder is not true. And please... do not start me on javelins...........

If you're just playing singleplayer you can ignore these mechanics anyways and if you're playing multiplayer...well, I'll assume you're just a troll.
How do you have such intel that I might be indeed a troll? Only thing u can see about me is my time spend on forums and instantly you are telling me i'm a troll, nice one.

I recently played Warband again and I have to say the combat mechanics are much improved indeed. If you think otherwise, you are just denying the truth.
Have a peep at the thread linked in my signature if you can be bothered.

Why not? It's just they way I like it.
It isn't. Hence the beta.
And even if it were, that still doesn't make it fine. Taleworlds isn't the ultimate authority on what make a videogame good.

From today's update regarding the Early Access release:
DNuQQmU.jpg

Get real.
Its almost haversting season my dudes that's all DAT matters this guy can go suck some toes

Noudelle has contributed massively to this beta, some of you are taking this light-hearted quip too seriously. I will say though that the sentiment behind it is more than fair, when TW says "learning and mastering the game's much-improved combat mechanics" it's as if they were unaware of all the current combat issues, it's as if months of feedback were wasted, in short it sounds like a joke.

Mabons is absolutely correct with this post:
At this rate it's pointless to complain about the combat. The waves of idiots who won't care about the naunces and ins and outs of the system and dismiss any change as "you just want to spin to win" will win either way because there are more of them than us. The complete lack of response to some of the threads that highlight absolutely broken or outright weird or stupid **** shows that it's either intended or they don't care.

Save your breath Noudelle, you tried, you can rest easy knowing you did your best.

The more beta keys are sent, the more people come to the forums exclaiming that all those who criticize combat merely wish to see Warband 2.0 with spinning-720-janky-animation-epileptic-spazzfests, and that combat looks and feels great in reality. It's only natural since new players won't have enough experience to recognize the underlying issues and nuances of combat, or won't care to, and they will always constitute a majority. In the end it will be up to TaleWorlds to decide what feedback is valuable and worth considering, and what is meaningless praise. We'll see what happens through EA.

"learning and mastering the game's much-improved combat mechanics"

No, shut up!! You can spend time mastering stances! In fact, stances are such a deep and complex mechanic that adds so much to the skill ceiling that even the most competitive Warband players haven't mastered it after 9 months of beta! That's how deep the mechanic is!

I am quite aware, that the combat mechanics are far from perfect, but it is a drastic improvement over warband! We are just used to it, but if you would have never played warband and compare it now with bannerlord, I am sure you could see it.

Back
Top Bottom