Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Users who are viewing this thread

Phasers set to stun..? Cmon man what kinda pu$$y a$$ $hit was that? Those are Americans onboard -we shoot to kill!!

Then again suppose Kirk was way more manly than Luke, even Han as he was pretty whiney and his best prize was Leia..while Kirk got the Green Girls...
.........Bannerlord out yet!?

More of a 40k guy myself, and I can argue it as being idiotically imperfect in some areas.

Maybe, but they were picturing, in americans series and movies, a communist world !

Even more than communist, Lennonist !

I actually made that video way back when someone else was claiming something similar about punches. I get the impression that nobody on the internet has ever swung a fist or sprinted 100m in their lives. Video game logic has got people acting like swords swinging at skyrim speeds are somehow realistic.

Seriously, everybody get up from your computer right now and go swing a bunch of punches. Your arms can move absurdly fast. If you did the same holding the weight of a sword (about 1.5 kilos), then unless you have no muscles in your arm at all you would barely slow down at all.

Pic related; it's me carrying a spear which weighs about a kilo and a (poorly made) 5-10 kg shield that I could probably run an entire marathon with.

44513501_2167724566779304_3902491749582867020_n.jpg
I don’t know whether that qualifies as cosplay, but I like it! Gud job!

More of a 40k guy myself, and I can argue it as being idiotically imperfect in some areas.
Fun fact, Tzeentch actually commissioned this very thread

You stop an attack before completing it, then you can repeat the same type of attack or choose another. That's what feinting is. Just like in Warband.
Thank you for explaining the concept of feinting but if you are trying to say that feinting in Bannerlord works "just like in Warband" i have doubts that you have actually played both games. How can you even compare that sluggish thing from bl to wb, i always thought that the idea of feinting was to confuse the opponent but judging by what we can see in bl and assuming it should be called feinting it's more or less just switching attack direction or delaying it because crappy comabt mechanics don't let you to skip or mix any animations xd.

I've been reading this thread after searching for suggestions regarding Bannerlord's combat system here on the forum.
Since 90% of the posts is "I like it, go play warband than" or "I don't like it, feels sluggish", I give respect to the people actually giving out real suggestions!

I don't wanna be called a noob because I'm new to this forum, so just a few small suggestions:
- Chamber is one of the coolest thing to pull off against your opponent, please make it a tad easier to pull off and if you pull it off some advantage.
- Stances is a good idea, I suggest making a keybind to make stances. Is already hard to use direction with the mouse (especially if you are like moving left and wanna swing right). It's abit sad if most players won't even be looking at different stances, since they concentrating on direction.
- Most people (prolly mostly new players), especially on cavalry, are just running around ready to make a right attack. I don't know how to change it, but would be great to change it up so people won't just do this... (making sense?)
- If someone blocks your attack, I think you should still be able to make a "special" move (like the continuing attack when you swing a sword around your head after first attack)

Closing it would be censorship, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it should be closed.
It's been fierce here, but its purpose is to make Taleworlds listen for once about the shallowness of the combat, it's not just different, it's a huge step backwards
Again this ****ty thread is based upon hate and its only to provide hate in the comments, its not constructive, its not based on anything but hate, its has no purpose other than hate. One thing is criticizing like everyone has done, and another one is saying that a videogame company is commiting a crime lying its public. I do believe its an improvement and so do they, if he doesnt agree, its his thing but saying FAKE ADVERTISING without an actuallly good fundament should be punished

- If someone blocks your attack, I think you should still be able to make a "special" move (like the continuing attack when you swing a sword around your head after first attack)

I don't agree to it happening when they block it, and I don't think it should necessarily be any 'special' move you do, because a combo system would kind of screw up combat for most people, myself included. However, I think that if you landed the first hit, and then landed the second one from the same direction, then maybe it could do a 10-20% damage increase. I only suggest this because it kind of makes sense that if you wind your arm all the way around you should have a little more momentum, and it also punishes players who fail to block an attack coming from the same direction twice in a row.

As a SP main I think it works great for the bots, but there are still many outlying issues with the combat currently in PvP. The OP already acknowledged it isn't false advertising, but I don't see a problem with labelling it as misinformation. WB has been out and worked on for a long time which is why it is so polished, so calling BL better despite many bugs and broken features is kind of wrong. You can like it sure, but there are still issues that prevent it from reaching its full potential, which is what obviously many have tried to bring to light.

As for the thread, I think TW should study it to better themselves at community management. These aren't voices of hate, rather voices of frustration liberated upon seeing OP's post, along with many ignorant fans(on both sides). Closing it would be a waste, especially considering how much traction it has received.

Obviously you miss the exact point i am saying. Those games were for sure a mess when they came out at full launch. you missed that point completely. that's the comparison i was comparing it too. Games take time to become good. Heck man R6 siege is in its 4th year and they are still tweaking and balancing stuff. I get the fact everyone has been waiting 8 years but it seems all anyone wants to do is just ahrp how its not what they remember when it comes to combat. and again remember its a BETA boys and girls and BETA for MP
Don't you think that's the issue people have? You wouldn't call R6 at launch a better game than its predecessors would you? Yet that is the statement TW provided, despite it again, being in beta. This gives the thought that they think their current combat system is satisfactory enough in its current state to surpass its predecessors, giving the look that they don't believe the objectively broken aspects of combat should be looked at.

Imagine if Ubisoft had that kind of mentality. Once R6 2 comes out in the next decade, imagine them launching that game in the similar state R6 had, yet decided to say it was better than R6 in its marketing, despite the many dedicated fans who played early and kept showing Ubi all these issues.

Last edited:
My point remains, either close the thread or change the title, fake advertising is a serious crime and those acussations should be taken seriously

What's funny is OP points out the obvious without getting it -

Posts whining because Bannerlord combat is better and not as stupid spinny as Warband get so few views specifically because most people don't object to the idea of having combat performance tied to cranking your mouse DPI.

That I don't have to stare at the ground with my mouse DPI at 9,000 to helicopter my way to victory is a huge plus to Bannerlord and most people agree.

Bannerlord combat is significantly improved. There's still a ton of balance changes to make as to be expected in the beta state but the foundation of slower pace and delays isn't bad. Most people agree that's why most the whiny balance posts get largely ignored and ones literally just for saying 'Taleworlds is lying for pointing out that combat is better' get stomped on.

God should nerf real life, they hit so bloody fast its unrealistic

@Younes123, that video is fantastic. Besides actually contributing to the argument that was being addressed at that particular moment, it's also really fun to watch. Those two fighters are highly skilled and the fighting looks good.

Unfortunately, it's not realistic enough for me. Where are the stances and speed modifiers? Those swings have no force behind them, like come on. Real fighters would have to wind up their swings and telegraph, obviously.

Only people who I see defending the combat in bannerlord are people who made a taleworlds forum account within the final months of last year, some not even two months ago, and yet I see no proper arguements from their side other than "You should go back to warband then if you dont like it", or the usual, "The combat should not change just for you.". Perhaps you should all come with some proper criticism of this thread before demanding it be closed simply due to the fact you don't agree OP.

------

It's clear that the combat was specifically made for newer players to fill in a skill gap that they could not cross. Hell, you don't even need to be good at warband to recognize this. For anyone to say that this is just early access, it's what is expected, it doesn't take 8 years to understand why people enjoyed Warband for so long, but I guess you wouldn't know because you haven't been here long enough to understand. I'm to the point of not caring much about this game anyway, hype was kinda killed off quite a long time ago, perhaps Ill wait for someone to make an overhaul mod.

Last edited:
The appeal of warband mp was the fast, intense, reflexes needed to perform well. Bannerlord still require consistency of the player but I feel the skill ceiling and 'entering the zone' feeling has been taken down a few notches. The issue for me is that Bannerlord in comparison to Warband is not a fast game: The jumping, the combat, the javelins; the general speed of everything is very sluggish and leave me having to wait on my ingame character.

I think this was a deliberate design choice, because how skill looked in warband was like looking into the sun everyone knew who the skilled players were because they played so abnormally; a state of pure empty mind, a black hole severing every head of their opponents elegantly; A terror for newbs.

What's funny is OP points out the obvious without getting it -

Posts whining because Bannerlord combat is better and not as stupid spinny as Warband get so few views specifically because most people don't object to the idea of having combat performance tied to cranking your mouse DPI.

That I don't have to stare at the ground with my mouse DPI at 9,000 to helicopter my way to victory is a huge plus to Bannerlord and most people agree.

Bannerlord combat is significantly improved. There's still a ton of balance changes to make as to be expected in the beta state but the foundation of slower pace and delays isn't bad. Most people agree that's why most the whiny balance posts get largely ignored and ones literally just for saying 'Taleworlds is lying for pointing out that combat is better' get stomped on.
I love how each and every one of you says the exact same rubbish.
You have no argument. The same DPI strawman that proves you don't know what you're talking about. No response to the countless, objective flaws Noudelle pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom