Taleworlds, please fix the loot!

Users who are viewing this thread

I see them in the list. There's a dummy armor max with 55 and some helmet with 58 and some other likely items with 50's. I'll see if I can pick one up and when on this play. If you're taking over the map by 1000 days I'd like you to share that one. Even killing everything I come across I can't see map control by then. I think I can barely get tier 5 by 1k days. Been defeating lords a lot on this play so maybe I should pay more attention to the loot.
You don't need to control the whole map to win the game. I am following the main quest line to unite the empire. [spoiler alert for the main quest here] It's basically independent->control 2/3 empire towns (13 or 14 imperial towns I think) ->force Vlandia, Sturgia, and Asari to have peace (you have 3 meter bars to fill by defeating their armies and capturing settlements), and then the system will pop out the message that you are victorious. And after this point you have unified the empire and all western, northern, and southern empire will join you, so you get all their lords and settlements. 2 of my playthrough got this point around 1000 - 1100 days, with or without mods. I was using Charm characters. It's hard at the beginning. but once you have lords starting to join you through persuasion, at one point you are just snowballing and steamrolling other factions. It's not that hard after a critical point. Both of my playthrough achieved tier 6 clan in 1000 days, with mods it's much easier (fix and tweak mods).
I don't know why you think I would make this up and ask for proof, and I don't need your approval either. It's up to you if you want to believe it or not.

The loot situation in the game was pretty bad before, then they added in the negative modifiers that seem to apply to every single item dropped in battle.

Which made it even worse.

If this is how it's going to be, I would prefer we just skipped loot and gave me more money after a battle.

Well, you can get items with positive modifiers, you know. Fine scarf or fine town boots! J

The stuff available in shops are now tied to your clan level, irc

Is this actually confirmed anywhere? Have anyone dug in code and saw that it really works like that or at least run multiple tests?
I am asking because in my campaign I had some tier 6 items available in towns from start. For example Poros has one item of 1-Million-worth Imperial armor with 48 body armor.
And from the quick look at the code it seemed to me that the biggest factor determining what item is produced by workshop is item's price, with expensive items appearing very very rarily.

Is this actually confirmed anywhere? Have anyone dug in code and saw that it really works like that or at least run multiple tests?
I am asking because I my campaign I had some tier 6 items available in towns from start. For example Poros has one item of 1-Million-worth Imperial armor with 48 body armor.
And from the quick look at the code it seemed to me that the biggest factor determining what item is produced by workshop is item's price, with expensive items appearing very very rarily.

That sounds like a bug or a mod you are using.

Every game I've started, and it's been a bunch of them, I've seen every city has the same junk for sale in the beginning.

Then a gradual increase in tiers of available items as time passes and I advance my campaign.

However I've never seen the best body armors available in the game.

So I'm not sure if it being tied to clan tier is 100% confirmed, however it's definitely tied to the passage of time in some way.

IMHO, loot should be:

1) slightly more likely to be good stuff that a player might equip on a per item basis.

2) less quantitatively per drop overall.

So a slightly better dice roll chance of getting a sweet new helmet or something, but way less ‘tattered merchant hats’ etc. Because I agree, right now, it’s pretty much just vouchers for $ in the future.

One other QOL fix: the default should be to list loot by value instead of category, so the player always sees the best stuff on top. It’s only one click if you remember to do it, but it would be nice to see that every time.

All of that, I think, would be reasonably easy to fix (presupposing macro game balance). Here’s a deeper fix proposal: make like 50 tiers of gear. That way, every drop would have to be carefully evaluated to see how much better / worse it is than current gear. Might take a while to overhaul gear, and might not even be very popular, but I’d like it.

That sounds like a bug or a mod you are using.

Every game I've started, and it's been a bunch of them, I've seen every city has the same junk for sale in the beginning.

Then a gradual increase in tiers of available items as time passes and I advance my campaign.

However I've never seen the best body armors available in the game.

So I'm not sure if it being tied to clan tier is 100% confirmed, however it's definitely tied to the passage of time in some way.

No mods here that could change it. But I have the same campaign since e1.0.0 so possibly such items could spawn in earlier versions.

All of that, I think, would be reasonably easy to fix (presupposing macro game balance). Here’s a deeper fix proposal: make like 50 tiers of gear. That way, every drop would have to be carefully evaluated to see how much better / worse it is than current gear. Might take a while to overhaul gear, and might not even be very popular, but I’d like it.

+1(y) the problem would be the ammount of different armours the 3d texturers should make.

Yeah I'm like clan level 4 and about 500 days into my latest playthrough and I can't find body armor above 36, and I'm tired of EVERY item that drops having a negative modifier. I can understand if some or even most have negative modifiers but not everyone. I loved in Warband when you'd get that notice "mastercraft x has dropped" it felt so satisfying. I guess having fun in Bannerlord is against the rules in EA. :sad:

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, loot has always been a big part of the fun in Mount and Blade games. Fighting a strong army and getting some sweet drops is fun. Its even more fun when you fight a new faction for the first time and score a bunch of stuff you havent seen before. That's entirely missing now in Bannerlord with these awful loot mechanics and artificial limits. You might as well just replace looted items entirely with a flat cash payment and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

I've been using a mod to improve the loot drops and it makes the game 10X more fun, but it hasn't been updated for weeks so I'm stuck with native loot drop mechanics and I hate it. I'm kind of surprised there aren't more complaints about it, tbh. Am I the only one who likes loot?
Agree 100% The loot is primarily garbage. Rarely get an upgrade for my team.

You don't need to control the whole map to win the game. I am following the main quest line to unite the empire. [spoiler alert for the main quest here] It's basically independent->control 2/3 empire towns (13 or 14 imperial towns I think) ->force Vlandia, Sturgia, and Asari to have peace (you have 3 meter bars to fill by defeating their armies and capturing settlements), and then the system will pop out the message that you are victorious. And after this point you have unified the empire and all western, northern, and southern empire will join you, so you get all their lords and settlements. 2 of my playthrough got this point around 1000 - 1100 days, with or without mods. I was using Charm characters. It's hard at the beginning. but once you have lords starting to join you through persuasion, at one point you are just snowballing and steamrolling other factions. It's not that hard after a critical point. Both of my playthrough achieved tier 6 clan in 1000 days, with mods it's much easier (fix and tweak mods).
I don't know why you think I would make this up and ask for proof, and I don't need your approval either. It's up to you if you want to believe it or not.

If you're doing that through lords and charm then I can see it. If you're doing it through conquest then no, I really can't, that's been a lot harder. The current patch the questlines are bugged, I've got a video up on these forums that's in progress to QA last I checked.

Relax. I didn't intend for you to take it like that. My question is, how are you getting enough renown by 1k days to hit t6? Murdering everything I come across hasn't given enough renown for that. If you are not playing on realistic does that make a difference? What difficulty are you playing on?

If you're doing that through lords and charm then I can see it. If you're doing it through conquest then no, I really can't, that's been a lot harder. The current patch the questlines are bugged, I've got a video up on these forums that's in progress to QA last I checked.

Relax. I didn't intend for you to take it like that. My question is, how are you getting enough renown by 1k days to hit t6? Murdering everything I come across hasn't given enough renown for that. If you are not playing on realistic does that make a difference? What difficulty are you playing on?
I play on all realistic settings (I don't think this affects renown gain). With current AI you can easily win outnumbered fights with enough archers in your army, which gives you lots of renown after each fight. I always release them so they could form another army really quickly and repeat. It's really boring and grindy after a while but it's definitely doable when you are constantly in war with other factions. Also depends on if you start your own empire or not. if you do, you won't have problems of not having enough enemy to kill for renown. I started my empire super early into the game which also helped.
Tbh use the tweak mod, it makes things much easier unless you enjoy the grind.

I play on all realistic settings (I don't think this affects renown gain). With current AI you can easily win outnumbered fights with enough archers in your army, which gives you lots of renown after each fight. I always release them so they could form another army really quickly and repeat. It's really boring and grindy after a while but it's definitely doable when you are constantly in war with other factions. Also depends on if you start your own empire or not. if you do, you won't have problems of not having enough enemy to kill for renown. I started my empire super early into the game which also helped.
Tbh use the tweak mod, it makes things much easier unless you enjoy the grind.

Thanks for that. Outnumbered archers, then. I haven't seen difficulty change renown either. There's so many of them to kill and they respawn so fast it feels cheap and doesn't make a difference in the game world. The grind for renown goes on for way too long.

Currently items are too expensive, the economy is already based on loot (and crafting). I'd like to see more high tier armor in loot as well (and in stores) but their prices need to be lowered.

Currently items are too expensive, the economy is already based on loot (and crafting). I'd like to see more high tier armor in loot as well (and in stores) but their prices need to be lowered.

Ye Olde Pawn Shop, of course. Runs out of money all the time buying loot. Probably even faster buying smithy stuff. I do wish workshops had a bigger economic impact than sending you a payment every day. At least the guys buying my prisoners never run out of denars.

It was just recently that, for the very first time, a battle with a lord dropped a lordly helmet (48 armor). And I’ve been fighting/playing a lot so far! It is possible, yet very unlikely to get some fine items.

The quality and quantity of loot is so poor I no longer look at what I am getting. I just add it to my pack train so I can unload it at a town for a few coins. I have not looting anything usable since the great loot nerf.

I really hope this gets addressed, I still have yet to come across the Aserai Vanguard Faris or Mameluke Heavy Cavalry helmets or armor which is really disappointing. Also the full Aserai horse armor has never been spotted in the stores either as far as I'm aware. Me and my companions look like a bunch of vagabonds compared to my troops because I can't find crap for armor.

A smithy should allow you to repair ONE item at a time by one level of damage, over a period of days/weeks. Take that cracked helmet in to the smith, and 8 days and some denars later it's been upgraded to rusty. 8 more days and it's up to battered, and so on. That would give loot at least some value, because you could make it worth using, but it would take time and almost as much money as buying it new.

Back
Top Bottom