TaleWorlds on Twitch LIVE in 30 mins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Not only that, but less than 200 viewers on release day... Yikes.

Also he is playing on PC and not console on the release date for consoles. Granted it is official release, but the potential buyers haven't seen the game played on consoles which is why they would be streaming - to garner more buyers for console. Seems shady af honestly.
well, their timing's not the smartest - IT IS MONDAY MORNING for 1bil ppl

Not even the most watched stream for bannerlord I’m laughing so hard. Their game is releasing tomorrow and they have 144 viewers ☠️☠️☠️

Not even the most watched stream for bannerlord I’m laughing so hard. Their game is releasing tomorrow and they have 144 viewers
As so many people said before, EA was the release. There will be no huge number of sales at PC in a short period of time after "the release" although it is going to sell at steady pace for some years. Only console player side could have huge numbers. And I guess not too much console players watch streams?

Hasn't the game sold several million copies? I would say that the game is (probably) a financial success at least.

Never said it was or wasn't a success? Said the stream has less than 200 viewers on official release day? 😵‍💫

But now that you bring it up, I think it is, though they have severally mismanaged money, otherwise you wouldnt release an unfinished buggy console version in 2022, when in march 2021 they said that console port is something they were not looking into for the foreseeable and their focus was PC, only to start working on the console port a couple months later and essentially abandoning the PC version, only to update it to match the console version and its system's drawbacks.

And then the whole letting go of the sound designers and probably their marketing department because F me, that official trailer looked like it was put together by a 12 year old who knows how to download and buy stock movie intro templates. Probably that big spanking new building during an disaster of an economic collapse of your country and during COVID didn't help either.

Last edited:
Some of these streamers seem like they are playing the game for the first time. That might be intentional though since target audience is the newcomers. I personally find it boring and far from the reality of the game.

Some of these streamers seem like they are playing the game for the first time. That might be intentional though since target audience is the newcomers. I personally find it boring and far from the reality of the game.
They are all rather poor players, and all the streams are early game so far. I assume this is as intended to hide flaws of the late game, or rather showcase the only strengths of the game which is the establishment period of the player clan. Once the game proceeds beyond that point it rather quickly becomes hollow as most forum goers here well know.

Are the sieges still broken?
In the sense that there are many bugs that waste your time or material and annoy you, yes they have bugs still with ladders, troops obedience and AI behavior and AI spawning in un reachable places (or getting there somehow). But, you can siege every fief and take it anyways, so it's not broken in the sense of stopping you from playing the game.
Isn't the main storyline still unfinished? If you for example go the empire path, You will still get declared by 3 kingdoms once you conquer enough imperial settlements, and you get a quest to pretty much kill 3 non-empire factions, while still getting repetitive conspiracy events that you can't stop. After you finish that quest to kill those 3 factions then it's pretty much over? Maybe we got one of those little cutscenes but that's about it.
I don't know if TW considers it finished or not. I never do it past rescuing the brother. IIRC you can finish the scripted war by taking enough fiefs from the enemy and then you get quest complete message and the game reverts back normal war rules where you can vote for war/peace normally. So it could be that's all they wanted, sadly. I don't think it serves any point though as it just encourages players to start a faction too early (with no real guidance on how to make it work), ensures multi wars, then reverts back to normal gameplay if you persevere. It's much better to just start a faction in a good location on your own and take your chances with the normal war systems.

In the sense that there are many bugs that waste your time or material and annoy you, yes they have bugs still with ladders, troops obedience and AI behavior and AI spawning in un reachable places (or getting there somehow). But, you can siege every fief and take it anyways, so it's not broken in the sense of stopping you from playing the game.

ya i was refering to this though

ladders not spawning, formations sitting around whilst getting showered with projectiles etc

ya i was refering to this though

ladders not spawning, formations sitting around whilst getting showered with projectiles etc
The new pathfinding system broke siege AI. In basically every siege atleast one of the sides of the assault is completely ignored:
^Yes this it how it is. You must tell them to put the ladders up and move troops to the other side and tell them to charge and hope they don't decide to try and run all the way back to the other ladders. If you place troops on the map before starting they will just sit there so you must charge them or give them a new move order.... and then race to make sure they actually end up where you want them. This is what I mean by lose material and annoy you. You're not goin to lose the siege because of this, but some extra troops will likely be downed and you will be annoyed. Edit: I never build a tower, I always have some bugs with them in past versions and I don't think they any advantage at all. Ladders are great because you can kill everything with ranged units and send non-ranged up when it's down to like 100 guys defending. Of course, humorously, this works less as you get bigger and bigger and have less % of ranged and must wrestle with making the non-ranged go up the ladders and behave.

Last edited:
And then the whole letting go of the sound designers and probably their marketing department because F me, that official trailer looked like it was put together by a 12 year old who knows how to download and buy stock movie intro templates.
I don't know if they fired their marketing team or what but goddamn, I really have no idea why they released such a bad trailer. They could've used the internal version of patch 1.9 to showcase banners and actually good horse charges, but no, they literally chose to showcase the game in 1.8, where units with weapons longer than 110 length couldn't hit the enemy in front of them :grin:.

They are all rather poor players, and all the streams are early game so far. I assume this is as intended to hide flaws of the late game, or rather showcase the only strengths of the game which is the establishment period of the player clan. Once the game proceeds beyond that point it rather quickly becomes hollow as most forum goers here well know.
Some aren't just poor players though. They do seem like it is the first time they played M&B games. One streamer was wondering if their health would go back to full after a round of tournament. Which is why I think it was far from reality of the game. They were excited for unusual stuff, missing some stuff etc.

Okay this is ridiculous. One streamer tried to mount a horse by jumping on it. I am guessing TW paid money to these people for this.. At least don't make them stream on your official channel.

I wonder what their process for getting these guys was. If they didn't mind novice gameplay they could have got some cute anime girl Vtubers to play it. I'd watch that. If you're not an anime girl I'll only watch your stream if I know you, if you're an expert, or just to make fun of you to your chat until you ban me.

I wonder what their process for getting these guys was. If they didn't mind novice gameplay they could have got some cute anime girl Vtubers to play it. I'd watch that. If you're not an anime girl I'll only watch your stream if I know you, if you're an expert, or just to make fun of you to your chat until you ban me.

How a hot anime guy Vtuber?
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* uwu *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Back
Top Bottom