TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

No methodology. You also need a much bigger sample size, and perhaps a longer testing period. E.g. it has been proven that sweeter drinks tend to be more appealing here and now, but not necessarily in the long run.

It was for fun because someone said she only drank Pepsi Max, and distasted Coca cola, incl. zero.
It was the four colas, diet and regular, in newly opened bottles poured into 6 plastic cups marked with numbers only. (So two of the cups had the same in them).
Funny thing is she thought the same content tasted differently. It was almost random guesses.
I must admit I also tried and got 4 out of 6 right, even though I didn't think I could taste the difference. But it could have been luck. 25% chance of guessing right with each cup. Hence the 6 cups and not just 4.
An interesting variable there though is the plastic cup- it is well known that the vessel a drink is in affects our perception of the taste, so it is no surprise that she couldn't recognise her favourite cola or indeed the taste of the other colas, because they are all either drunk from clear plastic bottles, glass bottles or from glasses. As a child and up to early adulthood I was in the habit of drinking milk with my dinner, always from a mug. I have never liked milk from a glass bottle, for instance.

Executives trying to earn their pay and bonuses? May be a pure marketing stunt and they will backtrack later.

This one is for "what made me laugh", but it's actual news. I love it when they go for maximum offensiveness on the international stage.

Argentina’s president, Alberto Fernández, he is here all night.
Ah yes, the deep dark jungles of Portugal.

• ~ 5% Argentinians are Africans the way Elizabeth Warren is Indian
  • Argentina is very Afro
  • Argentina's self-image needs to be DEMOLISHED rawr!
  • "prestige journalism"
soon-it-will-all-be-clean-soon-42154783.png

10% of the 10 most recent British prime ministers were 1/8 Turkish. Time to to rape the concept of a British politician, murder it, dissolve it in acid and turn it into a nuclear wasteland.

Now you get to guess your own diagnosis in a game of "will I die or go bankrupt."

One of my dad's closest friends used to be a volunteer EMT with the local ambulance. He got called out to plenty of serious emergencies, but the number of times he got called out for non-emergencies was really surprising. There were some people who would call the ambulance all the time, even multiple times in one week, for non-emergencies. "My back hurts," etc. And if these people asked to be taken to the hospital, the ambulance personnel were required to drive them there even if they could tell it was a waste of time. The staff at the emergency room would look them over and eventually send them home because there wasn't much they could do, and then a few days later these people would call the ambulance again in the middle of the night and ask to be taken to the hospital. And I have heard that emergency room overcrowding is a serious issue. I'm not arguing for or against anything, but after hearing these stories from dad's friend, I can see why an insurance company might want to avoid paying for some ER visits.

One of my dad's closest friends used to be a volunteer EMT with the local ambulance. He got called out to plenty of serious emergencies, but the number of times he got called out for non-emergencies was really surprising. There were some people who would call the ambulance all the time, even multiple times in one week, for non-emergencies. "My back hurts," etc. And if these people asked to be taken to the hospital, the ambulance personnel were required to drive them there even if they could tell it was a waste of time. The staff at the emergency room would look them over and eventually send them home because there wasn't much they could do, and then a few days later these people would call the ambulance again in the middle of the night and ask to be taken to the hospital. And I have heard that emergency room overcrowding is a serious issue. I'm not arguing for or against anything, but after hearing these stories from dad's friend, I can see why an insurance company might want to avoid paying for some ER visits.

And if anything it's a further indictment against privately-funded healthcare. Would you rather have a system where companies are able to exercise protection against some idiots at the expense of legitimate claimants or a system where the legitimate claimants and the idiots both get the same treatment at the cost of potential beds being temporarily filled with an idiot?

Also, American insurance companies do not want to pay for ANY ER visit. Trying to get away with not paying what patients expect them to pay is pretty much their job, and they do it magnificently.

I certainly understand that. It's a general problem most places I think. I seem to remember a very big percentage of fire alarms are also fake/accidents.
In Denmark paramedics can often perform treatment on the spot and don't necessarily take the person(s) to the hospital. You don't have the right to demand hospital treatment if paramedics don't find it required.
And yes, many emergencies turn out not to require an ambulance. Anxiety attacks are common e.g., and many minor injuries that just need a pack of frozen peas etc.
The point is when a person ends up at an amergency room, even experienced doctors can rarely foresee if the symptoms are severe (even life threatening) or not, before doing tests (x-rays, blood tests).
There are many things that can be done to limit unnecessary ambulance rides, but the threat of losing large sums of money is not the way.
An insurance company looking back and demanding pay because the heartache turned out to be nothing, is absurd.

I remember Rufus and Doofus club chess players getting extremely upset from losing to middle school/high school kids when I first started playing myself. They'd love to play this guy! :lol:

@Polish brigade
How is Tusk's return to opposition leadership going to affect Poland? Is this the light at the end of the tunnel or he's been out of Polish politics for too long?
- a fan

@Polish brigade
How is Tusk's return to opposition leadership going to affect Poland? Is this the light at the end of the tunnel or he's been out of Polish politics for too long?
- a fan
That is still quite a mystery, to be honest. His return will for sure make a light in the tunnel shine a little brighter, but...

- His sole presence does not guarantee success especially when the party (Civic Platform) as a whole has proven to be: incompetent, fragile, and ineffective in recent years. They could have opposed the ruling party ('Law' and 'Justice') more effectively IMO (many times) but instead, they decided to lay low and even supported them on occasional votings... They actually fight anyone they see as a threat (other parties), could not agree to build the larger opposition based on the partnership. They wanted to lead every opposition party and were introduced to a middle finger instead...
- His program is only focused on abolishing L&J (PiS) and the party as a whole won't discuss anything using facts and providing solutions. The sole existence of this organization is related to spreading fear of what else L&J can do...
- He won't persuade easterners and especially orthodox Catholics, farmers, old people (majority), LGBT opposers, etc. This is a hard right-side electorate... There are however people 10-15% of the voting population that is somehow flexible - this group is his main target (apart from CP supporters who will always oppose L&J) but in recent years they seem quite let down by CP and support lesser parties instead (including myself).

I'll give him some time to judge and change my mind but at the moment I wouldn't vote on him as I see him in history rather than in the future of this country.

Not to mention he will have an opposition in Budka (who will be a man-baby about it, because he can no longer sit around doing ****-all) and Trzaskowski (who will most likely seek gains sensing the weakness of the current non-leadership, despite being big about being non-aligned during presidential race). Tiny chances for Schetyna waking up all of sudden as well. Basically I can see POKO (or whatever their name currently is) descending to infighting while bleeding even more voters to left-leaning Lewica/Hołownia's circus. I see the latter, celebrity-made 'Poland 2050' being bigger threat for current government, rest of the opposition will mainly do the electorate shifts between itself.

That is, unless PiS just reaches for larger caliber to shoot itself in the foot, which they seem to be consistently doing, seeing how lately e-mails that explicitly stated they were using LGBT fear for presidential campaign surfaced. Then again, they went away with much bigger bull****. There's slight chances that Svetovit or Giewont Knights will just smite them at some point, too.

Sorry for being incoherent, I'm a bit inebriated.

Sorry for being incoherent, I'm a bit inebriated.
Hi, me too mate :grin: Cheers, to you!

I must say your post precisely hit the nail of how deep political **** we live in. Those so-called leaders won't guarantee anything on their own, but I guess they may go back in line, especially now when the Daddy is back.

Back
Top Bottom