TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

The first one is due to a melange of the incredibly lenient tax laws, generally low property values and Florida inexplicably being a retirement destination, meaning that Canadians with money will choose to live, for varying periods of time, in America. A bonus is that dual citizens can usually still take advantage of our health care.
Doesn't really matter what exactly makes them do it. The net result is still that they voted with their feet the way they did.
The second one is due largely to the startlingly persistent perception of America as the "land of opportunity" abroad, coupled with the market penetration of American culture. These notions are generally pretty quickly disabused on arrival.
Yeah, in the era where about any information is 5 minutes of googling away, millions of people every year uproot their lives and move half a world away because they got tricked by a Homestead Act leaflet.

America is not flawless and if you're immigrating from Canada, Europe and a select few other countries, you're probably downgrading your healthcare. But that doesn't make it SA-tier.
People also choose to live in Manchester.
Yes.
Barring people who moved to other continents, I am pretty sure that all Canadians live in (North) America :smile:
Come on :xf-wink:

Yeah, in the era where about any information is 5 minutes of googling away, millions of people every year uproot their lives and move half a world away because they got tricked by a Homestead Act leaflet.

It still happens. There was a member here, Athenian or PoisonCourtesan or whatever they went by, who decided to move to America of all places based on the misguided notions I was talking about.

(And, America is still a much better place to live than Greece.)
FTFY
I mean, there is an added danger of a random shooting, sure, but you guys are in a way better state than us, period. Gender or sexual orientation plays little role to that, although I do admit it might be a more open (or perhaps more indifferent which sometimes is good) society.

Yeah, that's part of it. Those dudes made everybody's life difficult, if only by their sheer idiocy, though. Still, they were nerfed in the latest elections and now, you only hear comments about them for old coots, like, "Ah, remember the days of the Revolution (fascist terminology for the Dictatorship)" and the likes.
Plus, the guys are cowards. They only fight back if they are in a crowd and then, only if they are 100% certain they are gonna win. Otherwise, it's just insults and name-calling of Kindergarten level.
I can't comment of how it is for the queer people, first hand, but my brother never really had any problems, beside that aforementioned name calling.

The real problem is the pious housewives and gentlemen, as I like to call them. The type of comformist, religious (usually middle-aged) assholes. It's difficult to describe the type, becaues from what I gather, it's a mostly Mediterranean thing. If we have an Italian or Turk around, they will know what I mean.

A hospital source confirmed treatment for poisoning to the Tass news agency.
... Mr Navalny was in intensive care, on a ventilator and in a coma.

(The article doesn't mention what was found when investigating the aeroplane)

Last edited:
Perhaps he could spin it as an act of rebellion against the building of a controversial barricade that he secretly didn't support, thus making him a hero rather than a villain.

TikTok and WeChat will be banned from US app stores starting on Sunday, September 20th, the US Department of Commerce (DoC) has announced. The Chinese-owned apps from Tencent and ByteDance will not only be banned from the iOS App Store and Google’s Play Store on Sunday, but companies will be barred from hosting them in the US starting on November 12th.

From what I've seen of TikTok, I can't say I'm overly sorry. A lot of people are going to be pissed off, though.

It's completely stupid of course. There is no conceivable security threat to average Americans from an app owned by a Chinese company any more than PBS is going to spy on a guy picking his nose in Hunan. It's really frustrating to see even liberals treating China the same way they treated the USSR in the 60s.

It's completely stupid of course. There is no conceivable security threat to average Americans from an app owned by a Chinese company any more than PBS is going to spy on a guy picking his nose in Hunan. It's really frustrating to see even liberals treating China the same way they treated the USSR in the 60s.
A CCP app that collects your personal data is comparable to watching a free-to-air tv channel?

Also, numerous women who stupidly accept a friend request from a stranger, agreed to meet in person and was never seen again.

Is that social media's fault? Or the person using social media's fault? Obviously the intention of social media like Facebook is to connect with people you know, if people are using it as you suggested, it's not Facebook's fault.

Back
Top Bottom