TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

B-but I thought my strategy would work!

Just leave already. The remainers make it sound like if you leave without a deal, it means that's what it will be like forever, which is nonsense. I'd guess it will be actually easier to make a post hoc deal about the future than continuing this agony, because there will be no point in flexing muscles over who needs whom more.

Luv' me some constitutional crisis. If anything the whole situation's a great example why the UK isn't built for referenda. On the plus side, it's given plenty of people reason to set time aside to look up how our governmental system works.

Brexit is like Bannerlord in a way. Gets announced and everyone gets excited, but keeps being pushed back and everytime you think you get close, you're still no closer to the 'release'...

kurczak said:
B-but I thought my strategy would work!

Just leave already. The remainers make it sound like if you leave without a deal, it means that's what it will be like forever, which is nonsense. I'd guess it will be actually easier to make a post hoc deal about the future than continuing this agony, because there will be no point in flexing muscles over who needs whom more.

What MPs seem scared of is that fact that the UK has next to no bargaining power and that it has spent the past 20 or so years intermingling its industry with the EU. Companies have already been moving their assets away from britain for years now since labour costs and land value is some of the highest in the world. A Japanese company won a worldwide competition for scotch whiskey. The fish and chips recipe has been leaked. We're doomed.

What's more, considering the length of time it takes any british organisation to do anything ever, the months or years with no deal would be electoral suicide. The public services here are running by the skin of their teeth and the talk of food stockpiling is probably going to make a lot of people legitimately fear for their lives during that time.

Wigster600 said:
On the plus side, it's given plenty of people reason to set time aside to look up how our governmental system works.

You've said this before, pretty sure you're only talking about yourself.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
What MPs seem scared of is that fact that the UK has next to no bargaining power and that it has spent the past 20 or so years intermingling its industry with the EU. Companies have already been moving their assets away from britain for years now since labour costs and land value is some of the highest in the world. A Japanese company won a worldwide competition for scotch whiskey. The fish and chips recipe has been leaked. We're doomed.

What's more, considering the length of time it takes any british organisation to do anything ever, the months or years with no deal would be electoral suicide. The public services here are running by the skin of their teeth and the talk of food stockpiling is probably going to make a lot of people legitimately fear for their lives during that time.
I get that, but the cat's out of the bag. The uncertainty is just as bad if not worse for the companies. There is nothing to gain by prolonging this purgatory. I don't know, call snap elections and every party has to state if they want to stop brexit altogether and than eat the domestic fallout from ignoring the referendum or leave instantly no matter what, is what i would do.

kurczak said:
The uncertainty is just as bad if not worse for the companies. There is nothing to gain by prolonging this purgatory. I don't know, call snap elections and every party has to state if they want to stop brexit altogether and than eat the domestic fallout from ignoring the referendum or leave instantly no matter what, is what i would do.
Nothing to gain, except for a chance of (some kind of) a deal.

The thing is, it is not the uncertainty of the present state or of any hypothetical deal put against the certainty of the no-deal brexit. The no-deal brexit in itself is the epitome of uncertainty - the main trouble is not that they know exactly what kind of consequences the no-deal brexit may bring; it is that they don't.

Yeah, but once it happens, the hitherto unknown situation will reveals itself very quickly and the deal will happen after the "no deal" brexit, because reality and necessity will force it. Now it's in kind of a semi-comfrotable limbo, where "we're leaving, but not really, and until we really do it's business as usual" and it's like enabling a drug addict by giving him "one more chance" because even though there are zero signs of progress of changes, somehow giving it an extra year will do it. This time it will be different. If there was any will to actually negotiate (on either side), they would have figured something out a long time ago. Klaus and Meciar split Czechoslovakia, a full blown country, not "just" a market union, smoothly and painlessly in like three summer weeks in '92.

But with Brexit, the remainers, whether open or closeted, are betting that delaying strategy will annoy people to the point they will agree to
NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
a stealth second referendum
and the leavers just want to leave.

So I haven't been following the news or the politics much but apparently big bad Boris has tried to call a snap election twice now and hasn't secured enough votes to do it because opposition MPs think that he's being undemocratic or something. Well actually it's because they are demanding to have legislation in place to prevent leaving with no deal before they agree to the election but this would surely require either another extension or actually agreeing on a deal, which has apparently been impossible with the current crop of MPs. Have they gone full retard? Does all this madness make sense to someone?

Netenyahu is just desperate to get the religious right to vote for him after everything that's happened after the last elections.

Back
Top Bottom