TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Stanislaus said:
>When your biology class substitute teacher studied sociology at college

Oh well, no need to berate the article since the comments section seems have done that for me already (pretty surprising for an NYT article). Let's keep "opinion" out of natural science.
It's always a sign of great intelligence when you don't read the article but do read the comments.

Beny said:
But seriously, you are okay with content creators you regularly watch not getting as much ad revenue as they deserve?
Making Youtube videos is a hobby, not a job.

In other news, Poland has signed a contract to buy over four billion dollars worth of Patriot missiles and launch systems.

Beny said:
But seriously, you are okay with content creators you regularly watch not getting as much ad revenue as they deserve?
I watch them for their content, not their ads. I honestly don't care about their financial woes, if someone is trying to make a living from playing games on Youtube, well, that's their problem.

Tell that to some who make up 20K a month in Patreon $.

Lots of smaller channels manage 2K-3K a month too, not a fortune but in between merchandise and ad money + Twitch streams it's enough to live by comfortably.

That's hardly a boon or a risk free job, also not for everyone, but it is a job nonetheless. Being able to create content that makes people come back and voluntarily pay in appreciation is not something to scoff at.

SacredStoneHead said:
I gladly pay a buck or more a month for content I watch regularly and make small donations here and then to those I appreciate the content, but ads are never an option. **** ads.

I mean it's not like they're forcing you to watch the ad, you can mute (or remove headphones) and switch tabs and stuff. I'd rather do that occasionally than pay money.

krik said:
A quick Google says they've been doing ads since January 09 so that isn't all that recent.

Oh yes, you are completely right. I don't know why I was convinced it was recent, but to me it really seems like I did not get ads up until a year or two ago. Or maybe they were less frequent/annoying.

Mutatis mutandis http://www.ejil.org/pdfs/2/1/2023.pdf

No, I am drunk and of course kidding a bit as with all due respect to Moldova and Romania, they are nowhere near FRG and GDR level of importance. There is also the thing with the EU being a different entity than it was in the 90s, even if just for the existence of the Copenhagen criteria. It will ultimately be a political question and whatever the countries think the primary law says, the reality, as interpreted by the CJEU, could be entirely different. However, what could benefit Moldova is that it is wholly unimportant piece of clay and its eventual accession would not open an enormous can of worms as for example Ukraine's or (haha) Turkey's accession could.

Except Moldovia is a divided country with Transnistria being occupied by Russian troops in a frozen conflict that has been going on for twenty years. The country is rife with corruption and crime. Russia is unlikely to give up it's hold of the country and the last thing EU needs is a another cesspool that drains money and sends uneducated minimum-wage workers to everywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom