TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

What are you up to, Cuba?  :meh:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40894444
http://www.reuters.com/video/2017/08/10/cuba-probing-health-incidents-of-us-dipl?videoId=372291613

In short: diplomats from the USA, and now also a Canadian, are being treated for various symptoms - mainly hearing loss - while stationed in Cuba.
The Associated Press reported that a US investigation determined that the American diplomats' hearing loss
could have been linked to sonic devices which emit inaudible sound waves that can cause deafness.
Do such devices exist?

FrisianDude said:
209 pages of thread without me or without 'about' me?  Preposterous! I shall litigate.  :ohdear:
So are you really Frisian? It's really cool, the closest relative to English that exists, like Aramaic and my native Hebrew (And about the same number of speakers too)! Man, I would learn Frisian (And Aramaic) if there was enough resources for English speakers.

Adorno said:
What are you up to, Cuba?  :meh:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40894444
http://www.reuters.com/video/2017/08/10/cuba-probing-health-incidents-of-us-dipl?videoId=372291613

In short: diplomats from the USA, and now also a Canadian, are being treated for various symptoms - mainly hearing loss - while stationed in Cuba.
The Associated Press reported that a US investigation determined that the American diplomats' hearing loss
could have been linked to sonic devices which emit inaudible sound waves that can cause deafness.
Do such devices exist?
The sound of the looming final victory of the workers is bourgeois-ears shattering

He got fired for creating an "unsafe environment". That's essentially the same thing. :lol:

Goker said:
Sundar Pichai Should Resign as Google’s C.E.O.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. About time someone called out the atrocious reporting on this issue.
It's ridiculous how predictable the entire thing has been so far. And not even in an amusing way :???:

Also what stood out to me the most in the memo was not actually the whole genetics thing and supposed predisposition of the sexes for certain things bit, but that he warned of completely shutting out other viewpoints on things. Which given that he was fired for it proves his point exactly as far as I am concerned...

B2g9o.jpg

No, Wellen. He was destructive and toxic. Bye.

If the differences between populations are, as they say, small, as in the following excerpt from the memo:

“Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population-level distributions.”

Then why is the distortion in genders employed in that field so high? Would that not account for more along the lines of say, a 5-10% difference in gender employment, rather than 30% with men occupying 80% of the tech field in Google? I'm not really following the argument there. If the 'genetic' population difference is slight, why is the effect so disproportionate.

That means women individually can be just as competent and interested in the field as men, but in general they tend to choose other careers.

What can change over time too as long as there's freedom of choice. Back 30 years ago, the agronomy course I attended was 100% male students. Now it's at least 50% women, 0 'diversity officers' needed.

Almalexia said:
If the differences between populations are, as they say, small, as in the following excerpt from the memo:

“Many of these differences are small and there’s significant overlap between men and women, so you can’t say anything about an individual given these population-level distributions.”

Then why is the distortion in genders employed in that field so high? Would that not account for more along the lines of say, a 5-10% difference in gender employment, rather than 30% with men occupying 80% of the tech field in Google? I'm not really following the argument there. If the 'genetic' population difference is slight, why is the effect so disproportionate.
Read an article once that argued that it's largely self-perpetuating. Once there's a skew it tends to exaggerate itself.
Well then, for some reason or another, techy stuff for the longest time was a "nerd" thing which were largely male. So it's probably also a simple question of time to some degree, so as new generations come into the industry over time it'll even out to be more in proportion.

Goker said:
B2g9o.jpg

No, Wellen. He was destructive and toxic. Bye.
Wow.
You must be on so many block lists now. :lol:

And also a simple MRI will show that there are biological differences in how various situations are processed, I dunno how he can argue that this is not the case :???:
****, it's such basic stuff that my flatmate did it for her ****ing Bachelors...
And it's readily apparent even for a layman just looking at the colourful pictures.

/edit
That last tweet you shared on Facebook, Goker, is really you know offensive. And like if you could please not. ****lord.

Almalexia said:

This is my main issue with the memo. The biological difference between the genders usually get obliterated by social differences, and there are a billion other factors like the fact that stereotypically female dominated roles are more likely to attract other women, meaning that gender imbalance has existed in some jobs since before universal suffrage, or the fact that employers might deem men or women less effective in a role despite no evidence to support that.

Back
Top Bottom