TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

With regular US shooting sprees it's hard to care if you are not an American. And one shooting that is miraculously without fatalities is a legit target for not-morbid jokes.
I bet the pro-gun forums only care about the gun jamming and the marksmanship (and the racism, the alt-right will push that angle), which is arguably worse.

It's a welcome innovation in the shooting spree genre that was getting stale because of all the copycats? :grin:
Imagine doing that in Texas, throwing a few smoke bombs in a mall and starting shooting. And all the cowboy bozos starting shooting back through the smoke. A friendly fire fest!

It's election day in Slovenia (and France). We hope to end the short reign of our mini-Orban, so please wish us luck and send trucks of hopes and prayers.
Also wish Macron some luck, we need to win these fights for Europe.

Dark clouds over my region. On Wednesday, just past midnight first explosion happened in Pniówek Mine, some of the miners were recovered, but then another explosion happened, trapping some of the rescuers themselves. Then third and fourth explosions, wounding another groups of rescuers, which resulted in heavy decision of ceasing the rescue action. Five confirmed dead, seven still missing. Many more wounded and badly burnt, a lot of rescuers among them.

Then on Saturday, early morning, collapse in Zofiówka-Borynia mine, ten people trapped underground. As of now rescuers made contact with four, two were already recovered, but doctor on site pronounced them dead. It dies last, but there's little hope, rumours have it that the situation at the bottom is bad and methane detectors are going wild.

This is heavy stuff, mining in the region was always done under a threat of methane and when **** hits the fan it tends to do it with a lot of flames.

Sad to hear.
Friday in Nigeria about 80-100 people died on an (illegal) oil refinery.
It's election day in Slovenia (and France). We hope to end the short reign of our mini-Orban, so please wish us luck and send trucks of hopes and prayers.
Also wish Macron some luck, we need to win these fights for Europe.
Looks like a low turnout in the French election. That might benefit Le Pen, but I think Macron pulls through.
All the left wing voters are probably disillusioned.

First projections coming in, the mini-Orban Janša was beaten nicely. Off he goes into opposition.
In his two years in power he aggressively promoted his loyal (and often incompetent) minions in every state institution and company, while waging unseemly constant war against ideological enemies (often internationally, to our great embarrassment), which included the state broadcaster, now almost completely subverted as his propaganda machine (Orban's friends financed a private TV that worked as his personal propaganda already).
There will be a lot to roll back and people to fire, but the winning left-center party is up to it.
We are back in mainstream Europe. Thanks for the trucks!

Edit: For those that need a larger context, this is a regional turnaround after the right-wing authoritarian victories in Hungary and Serbia. Janša tried to follow Orban's principles in dominating all the state structures and the media and he failed. His prime inspiration is of course Trump, and he became known for congratulating Trump on his "victory" prematurely and getting into Twitter fights with Biden staffers.

Edit 2: The Guardian acknowledges that Slovenia exists! What a day.

Last edited:
Sounds like Slovenia is on the right track again.

5 more years with Macron.
EDIT: 2 people have been killed by police in Paris during protests (as they were driving in the opposite direction and ignoring police barricades).
In Lyon police is using tear gas. Several people arrested.

In other news I think Elon Musk is taking over Twitter.
Update:

Last edited:
Yeah, good for Elon, the free speech enthusiast that thinks dominant social media should be privatized by opinionated billionaires.
The alt right is already looking forward to getting all their bans reversed (most of them were banned at some point), starting with Donald.

Yeah, good for Elon, the free speech enthusiast that thinks dominant social media should be privatized by opinionated billionaires.
The alt right is already looking forward to getting all their bans reversed (most of them were banned at some point), starting with Donald.
Yeah, almost as if a private company is free to do whatever it wants or something

Twitter was already(I guess "previously" is appropriate now?) owned by billionaires. I'd rather it be in the hands of a slight eccentric like Elon Musk than many of it's previous billionaire owners. One of the largest of which was a member of the Saudi Royal family. If Musk does what he says he will do, and make 'the inner workings' transparent, then his ability to suppress things will be close to 0.

Anything, even if Musk just buys it and shuts it down and takes a hammer to the servers, is an improvement to that hellhole at this point.

He says he wants to fight fake accounts and spam bots, which is something all social media is plagued by.
Sounds like empty words from a bad salesman.
I'm guessing there'll be paid tiers and ads, and other junk, that's all.
I certainly think he can make a lot of money - and Twitter has a lot of "potential" - it just won't be a better product.

Last edited:
Yeah, almost as if a private company is free to do whatever it wants or something
You are missing the point because you didn't think this through. A public company controlled by shareholders is far more accountable than a privately owned one and it's in the public interest for the dominant social media to be as accountable and transparent as possible.
Elon "trust me bro, it's free speech" Musk has a history of blocking critics and attacking critical journalists on social media. Besides, his chief interest, as Adorno said, is the money making potential of Twitter, which may very well mean lack of moderation to attract maximum users apart from different revenue model.
The offensive populists of the world will have a ready platform to spread their hate, I mean, free speech to the masses.

Twitter, accountable.

Lol. Okay, if you seriously believe that... If anything it'll be a sidegrade, but as far as accountability goes, you can't really go lower than rock bottom

Back
Top Bottom