TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

He was literally charged with being part of a network of sex trafficking girls/women and conspiring with Epstein, transporting and housing them.
Not sure what you mean. Censorship? If you want to suppress any story that can be used by conspiracy theorists, you have to shut down the media altogether.

I hate these kinds of news as it's pure conspiracy fuel.

Believe it or not a lot of "conspiracy theories" are just straight up true. The idea that hollywood actors and other social elites were part of a sex abuse ring was practically an open secret for decades, long before the metoo movement outed a lot of them. Qanon and Pizzagate are just hysterical responses to something everyone already knows is true, and the more you try to suppress that information, the bigger and more insidious the coverup will seem to them.

I find it interesting how the pizzagate thing actually died down after the epstein case. When the mainstream news actually reflects what these people know to be true, there is no need to come up with hysterical responses to it.

Believe it or not a lot of "conspiracy theories" are just straight up true. The idea that hollywood actors and other social elites were part of a sex abuse ring was practically an open secret for decades, long before the metoo movement outed a lot of them. Qanon and Pizzagate are just hysterical responses to something everyone already knows is true, and the more you try to suppress that information, the bigger and more insidious the coverup will seem to them.
Now that's just conspiracy believer talk. None of the conspiracies brought up by conspiracy theorists are true. At best they are wildly exaggerated claims of what is actually going on and already in the public discourse as open secret (e.g. Snowden's revelations). NONE.
I had many of these debates with wild-eyed ignorant people on the internet and they couldn't bring ONE conspiracy theory that turned out to be true. All they have CIA did this and that decades ago, so our government must be ****ing us over in weird ways and for inexplicable motivations.

But of course, I'm sure you have evidence about Democrat and Hollywood pedo rings. All you have is a few powerful people being outed for exploiting teenage starlets at best which is far from the QAnon secret pedo ring claims.
I find it interesting how the pizzagate thing actually died down after the epstein case. When the mainstream news actually reflcts what these people know to be true, there is no need to come up with hysterical responses to it.
This is tiresome. Epstein had a taste for teen ***** and even used it as a favor in his high level networking efforts. The only part that's illegal here was grooming and trafficking of vulnerable teens. There was NO pedophilia (in fact it's likely that everyone involved was of legal age) and NO pedo ring. It was purely Epstein's show and he had a few helpers, the Maxwell woman and the French model promoter that hanged himself.
How can you even relate this to the ridiculous fantasy that is Pizzagate is beyond me.

He was literally charged with being part of a network of sex trafficking girls/women and conspiring with Epstein, transporting and housing them.
Not sure what you mean. Censorship? If you want to suppress any story that can be used by conspiracy theorists, you have to shut down the media altogether.
I'm not disputing the facts at all, but what the conspiracy believers are already doing: that someone sinister killed him to protect a powerful pedo elite. Same as for Epstein and just as false.

There are quite a few things that are now confirmed and accepted as fact, that were once just fringe conspiracy theories. Most of them are probably bull****, but to believe they all are is almost as insane as believing they're all true.

There are quite a few things that are now confirmed and accepted as fact, that were once just fringe conspiracy theories. Most of them are probably bull****, but to believe they all are is almost as insane as believing they're all true.
Saying "some conspiracy theories probably turned out to be true" sounds plausible until someone asks "which ones?".

The real conspiracies are either secret or leaked by whistleblowers or conjectured by analysts - they never develop as conspiracy theories in the conspiracy theorist crowd. Or most likely, they are in plain view, but they are too complex and unspectacular for your regular wide-eyed fantasist who has limited and paranoid understanding of the world, its governments and large organizations.
Your conspiracy theorist wants pedo rings and aliens and mind control and chip implants, not obscure WTO regulations or financial operations by large financial entities aiming at some group gaining an advantage over some other. Military black projects are regularly discussed by military analysts and enthusiasts, not by conspiracy theorists. And so on.

MK Ultra and the Gulf of Tonkin being bull**** were both just "conspiracy theories" at one point. I'm not big into conspiracy theories at all, but even I'm aware of those two off the top of my head.

MK Ultra and the Gulf of Tonkin being bull**** were both just "conspiracy theories" at one point. I'm not big into conspiracy theories at all, but even I'm aware of those two off the top of my head.
And who discussed those as conspiracy theories at the time? I'm aware only of the Tonkin rumors and they were out in the open from the start when a US senator (who had an informant) tried to undermine the government narrative but failed.

Note how "the government wants to brainwash us with drugs" doesn't really mean "we knew about MK Ultra", and in addition completely misses the point of the experiments, because the conspiracy theorist narrative is paranoid anti-establishment and not about national interest.

Or that post-Vietnam buyers' remorse "we were duped into a war with Vietnam by the elites" doesn't mean that any other incident (like the Gulf of Tonkin incident) wouldn't have been used as a pretext for more aggressive stance against Vietnam that escalated the conflict. An even more striking example is using the sinking of the Lusitania to enter WW1 (or the sinking of the Maine as a pretext for war with Spain over Cuba). Or the pretext of non-existent WMDs for an invasion of Iraq.
Are these really conspiracy theories? They are certainly not anywhere close to the QAnon level of fantasy or even Covid disinformation.
All of them appear likely and logical in the context of national interest and policy, while your everyday conspiracy theories don't make sense in many ways and you can be pretty sure they are not true.

Right now, we have the privilege of watching the Russians trying to engineer a pretext for attack on Ukraine by provocations, false flag attacks and disinformation. Is this a conspiracy theory area? Not really, these things are discussed in public and credible. They may be conspiracy theories in Russia, but not in the real world.

My main point here is that conspiracy theorists are motivated by specific narratives and not a genuine desire to know the truth. This is why their theories are fantastic bull**** and they should be shunned and slapped silly if they are within reach. If anything their disinformation muddles the waters for real debate about and criticism of actual government policies and actual consequences.

Conspiracy theorist is literally a word created by the government to discredit credible sources.
Every conspiracy theorist says this (you missed "created by the CIA!") and it's irrelevant.
If the sources are credible, the political opposition, the science community or the media will pick this up and it won't be a conspiracy theory any more, but a real theory or fact. The problem is, of course, that the sources are never credible.
Just look at the Covid conspiracies and the many, many Reuters fact checks on them.

How did this become about silly conpiracy theories?
Are you arguing that the story about Brunel's suicide should not be reported on at all?
I'm still not sure what you're arguing, other than complaining about the existence of far out conspiracies.

The reason pedophilia is mentioned in the case is because Epstein was a convicted pedophile. In some US states the age of consent is only 18, and since Guiffre (one of the accusers) was 16-17 at the time it also touches on the subject.
Guiffre also alleges that "the abuse saw her lent out to powerful men", which indicates something organised, underlined both by how the assaults by Prince Andrew allegedly took place at three different locations (US, Europe and a private island) and the trial that found Maxwell guilty of sex trafficking.
All those things indicate something organised, illegal, involving "powerful" people.
Since the trials of Epstein and now Brunel will never take place it's only reasonable to question what they could have uncovered. No conspiracy theories are needed. Just a desire to uncover a criminal case so that the women will see justice done.

Last edited:
How did this become about silly conpiracy theories?
Are you arguing that the story about Brunel's suicide should not be reported on at all?
I'm still not sure what you're arguing, other than complaining about the existence of far out conspiracies.
I'm disappointed in you.
I'm not disputing the facts at all, but what the conspiracy believers are already doing: that someone sinister killed him to protect a powerful pedo elite. Same as for Epstein and just as false.

Are you seriously saying that there are ringleaders beyond Epstein? Those "powerful" men were "clients" who got a favor from Epstein. They wouldn't want their names in public, and probably paid off people to keep quiet (but killing someone in prison would be an entirely different and very risky thing). Andrew didn't have such luck.
Btw, Andrew didn't "assault" her, she slept with him because she was told to. The crime here is NOT the sex, but the trafficking and manipulation, as shown by Maxwell's trial.

Are you arguing with yourself now?
I'm not saying anything other than what we know. But from the allegations there could be more criminals out there that we might never know of because of the suicides/terminated cases.
I wrote "assault" because that's what it says in the article. Her word. It's literally referred to as a "sexual assault case". It's a wide term.
But Andrew didn't do anything - the case has been settled. It's an allegation.

I posted an article from BBC with objective facts about the Brunel. There's nothing about conspiracies in it.
You then wrote you hated "these kinds of news as it's pure conspiracy fuel". I was curious if the hatred meant you didn't want any reporting on it.
Or maybe you see conspiracies everywhere :razz:

I posted an article from BBC with objective facts about the Brunel. There's nothing about conspiracies in it.
You then wrote you hated "these kinds of news as it's pure conspiracy fuel". I was curious if the hatred meant you didn't want any reporting on it.
Or maybe you see conspiracies everywhere :razz:
Obviously I need to explain my response. I'm not for censorship. I just know how this kind of news affects conspiracy believers. which I deal with daily, and it's not pretty. You know that half the Americans actually believe that Epstein didn't kill himself. This is just another "proof" for them, and many of them still believe in remnants of the QAnon conspiracy collection, namely that Hillary the Devil is somehow behind this and Democrats are pedos.

Of course I want as much as possible uncovered. But also understand (like the judge in the Maxwell trial) that simply publishing the names of the bigwigs who slept with Epstein's girls serve no purpose except drag them through the mud. They didn't even commit a crime, or they would have been prosecuted.
Did Andrew commit a crime? I doubt it, the woman's allegation was the only one prosecutable: coercion, ergo "assault".
In reality, the case is simply the accuser looking for hush money after she spent the last batch, because Andrew is a royal and their reputation can't afford a court case. That's the hard truth, metoo or not.

Okay. That's more clear.

Since Maxwell was convicted of sex trafficking then the people having sex with the girls are complicit in that crime.
Trials are not dragging people through the mud. They take place when there's sufficient evidence.
You say Guiffre was looking for hush money. But Maxwell was guilty of actions that included Guiffre.

Obviously I need to explain my response. I'm not for censorship. I just know how this kind of news affects conspiracy believers. which I deal with daily, and it's not pretty. You know that half the Americans actually believe that Epstein didn't kill himself. This is just another "proof" for them, and many of them still believe in remnants of the QAnon conspiracy collection, namely that Hillary the Devil is somehow behind this and Democrats are pedos.

Of course I want as much as possible uncovered. But also understand (like the judge in the Maxwell trial) that simply publishing the names of the bigwigs who slept with Epstein's girls serve no purpose except drag them through the mud. They didn't even commit a crime, or they would have been prosecuted.
Did Andrew commit a crime? I doubt it, the woman's allegation was the only one prosecutable: coercion, ergo "assault".
In reality, the case is simply the accuser looking for hush money after she spent the last batch, because Andrew is a royal and their reputation can't afford a court case. That's the hard truth, metoo or not.
That's a pretty strange statement to make, that none of those unnamed men committed a crime because they haven't been prosecuted- as if every crime is always detected and prosecuted! Whether or not lawyers could convince a jury that these men didn't see anything strange or improper about these teenage girls being effectively handed to them, they have done something immoral and abusive. If you disagree, then why on Earth would it be dragging their names through the mud? It wouldn't, if they hadn't done anything improper. You can't divorce the manipulation and trafficking of teenage girls and their sexual activity with friends of Epstein etc., they are inherently connected- unless you believe that these girls all spontaneously went to bed with each and every one of the shameless bastards presented to them without feeling any pressure or having been conditioned to consider being treated as a piece of meat to be natural.

As for you suggesting that Giuffre is cynically after more cash and that this is a 'hard truth', no, it is a improbably cycnical portrayal of the matter. He settled out of court because he's only ever been able to offer very spurious defences to the allegations against him. You apparently see him as an innocent or as good as in this matter, and terribly unfortunate to be hounded by a shameless gold digger a second time. That opinion is a very long way from being a fact, almost as far as some of the conspiracy theories you have derided.

You know that half the Americans actually believe that Epstein didn't kill himself.
You're acting like that is a crazy thing for people to think. A pedophile with connections to lots of famous and rich people dies suspiciously in jail. Most people heard this and thought something fishy was going on, including the very mainstream news sources you seem to think have a monopoly on information. This is barely different to when Khashoggi was killed and everyone assumed the Saudis did it, or when Sergei Skripal was poisoned in the UK and everyone assumed it was Putin. I'm pretty sure you think you know who did the other two, so why you're so irrationally hostile to the idea that Epstein was assassinated is really weird and inconsistent. It comes across like you're just blindly adopting the opposite position to "conspiracy theorists", regardless of whether or not it actually makes sense to be that certain.

Barely 20 years ago, the idea that the Iraqi WMDs didn't exist was considered a fringe conspiracy theory in the press and hardly anyone in the American or British establishment even entertained it. Similarly the Prison-Industrial Complex was something everyone in black neighbourhoods knew about the moment it was established in the 70s, but it took decades for it to be talked about openly. Even recently, there was the idea that the anti-semitism allegations levelled against the labour party were faked and organised by wreckers within the party. This was a fringe conspiracy theory for all of 6 months before actual hard evidence came out confirming it.

I get that most conspiracy theorists are stupid and annoying, but dogmatically denying absolutely everything they say out of principle is childish and ideologically equivalent to believing the earth is flat. Sometimes they happen to be correct, and by pushing against that you end up saying heinous stuff like "coerced sex between a literal monarch and a 16 year old girl isn't a crime"

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday recognized the independence of two Russian-backed breakaway republics in the east of Ukraine. Following the announcement, Putin instructed the Russian Ministry of Defense to provide "peacekeeping functions" to the breakaway regions, but it was unclear if Russian forces had crossed into Ukraine, CBS News' Mary Ilyushina reports.

As for you suggesting that Giuffre is cynically after more cash and that this is a 'hard truth', no, it is a improbably cycnical portrayal of the matter. He settled out of court because he's only ever been able to offer very spurious defences to the allegations against him. You apparently see him as an innocent or as good as in this matter, and terribly unfortunate to be hounded by a shameless gold digger a second time. That opinion is a very long way from being a fact, almost as far as some of the conspiracy theories you have derided.
That's naive, I'm afraid. Andrew is stupid, which is well-known, and he is his own worst defense. He may be guilty of not thinking through how he's handed a teen for sex by his rich friend, but it's very obvious why the woman hounded him, he is an easy, rich target. Why didn't she hound anyone else if she was an unwilling sex slave and why now? The settlement payoff puts it in perspective.

Speaking of which, what's your due diligence procedure for having sex with a legal teen that lives with your rich friend and is in awe of your fame like many other girls? Do you hand her over a questionnaire that tries to determine if there is any coercion? Do you ask her if she's feeling safe with you and when she smiles and says yes, you bring in a psychologist to talk to her while you are pulling your pants down?
This was Andrew's plausible defense and it's the same for any other bigwig that slept with Epstein's girls. They can say they didn't know there's a coercion and if there's no further evidence, they walk out of the court. Which is probably why they are not prosecuted in the first place.

You're acting like that is a crazy thing for people to think. A pedophile with connections to lots of famous and rich people dies suspiciously in jail. Most people heard this and thought something fishy was going on, including the very mainstream news sources you seem to think have a monopoly on information. This is barely different to when Khashoggi was killed and everyone assumed the Saudis did it, or when Sergei Skripal was poisoned in the UK and everyone assumed it was Putin. I'm pretty sure you think you know who did the other two, so why you're so irrationally hostile to the idea that Epstein was assassinated is really weird and inconsistent. It comes across like you're just blindly adopting the opposite position to "conspiracy theorists", regardless of whether or not it actually makes sense to be that certain.
Well, if a lot of stupid people are saying one thing, like "Epstein didn't kill himself", it does begin to look suspicious. And if you look at the his case, it is. I'll just leave all the "suspicious" circumstances out because one simple look at the motivation and an Occam's razor is enough to realize he killed himself. He was a disgraced super-VIP about to be tried publicly for his sex shenanigans. He already tried to kill himself once in prison. Therefore, he succeeded the second time. That's it, he had all the motivation to do it on his own and a history that proves it.
So why bring in a conspiracy? As always put yourself in a conspirator shoes. You are organizing an assassination in prison of a very famous person and even if it works, the cops will be all over it because of huge public pressure. How many people you need to pay off to look the other way? And what if one talks anyway? What if Epstein had a little black book with some lawyer that is supposed to publish it if he ends up dead?
Why would you risk all your affluent life for a risky hit that may not even silence a witness? Is hiding having probably legal sex with teens worth it?
That's enough logic for me. One problem with conspiracy theorists is that they never do this kind of risk-benefit analysis from the viewpoint of the alleged conspirators. They prefer the elite pedo rings narrative and stop there, not thinking through the important part, the motivation.

Barely 20 years ago, the idea that the Iraqi WMDs didn't exist was considered a fringe conspiracy theory in the press and hardly anyone in the American or British establishment even entertained it. Similarly the Prison-Industrial Complex was something everyone in black neighbourhoods knew about the moment it was established in the 70s, but it took decades for it to be talked about openly. Even recently, there was the idea that the anti-semitism allegations levelled against the labour party were faked and organised by wreckers within the party. This was a fringe conspiracy theory for all of 6 months before actual hard evidence came out confirming it.
Iirs, the WMD issue was brought quickly to public attention after the Iraq occupation and the press began to ask questions. It's true that few people questioned it, having implicit trust in US intel. The Bush puppetmasters were pretty brazen about forming the news narrative.
However, all you could hear from conspiracy theorists (and hard leftists) at the time, that the US is going for the oil and making up all kinds of pretexts. I don't remember anyone claiming there were no WMDs (maybe Germany and France?) and that's why I wouldn't say there was a coherent conspiracy theory based on at least some evidence, just general anti-imperialist clamor.
My point here again is the big difference between very simplistic conspiracy theories driven by narrative and the actual truth, which was actually out there in the open for people who read about what neocons were publishing before they came to power with Bush.
Which is why conspiracy theories are taken up by ignorant and gullible people who fixate on certain narratives because of their psychological needs.

I get that most conspiracy theorists are stupid and annoying, but dogmatically denying absolutely everything they say out of principle is childish and ideologically equivalent to believing the earth is flat. Sometimes they happen to be correct, and by pushing against that you end up saying heinous stuff like "coerced sex between a literal monarch and a 16 year old girl isn't a crime"
I've been through many a debate with antivaxxers and there was a new false claim daily, the fact checkers couldn't keep up. The sheer amount of false conspiracy theories that are all proved wrong, but people don't stop believing them, is what made me come to a general conclusion about conspiracy theories.
About the coerced sex, see above. It's hard to recognize it as coerced if any number of women would sleep with you anyway because you are a Prince and the girl is not kept in a sex dungeon and crying, but going out with you dancing.

It's disconcerting that you're excusing Prince Andrew's actions with stupidity as if he was naïve and blind.
He and all the others obviously knew what was going on. If that's a conspiracy theory then I'm one of the nutjobs.
I hope you also know that "sex slaves" in general are not held in chains, but by things like coercion, grooming and threats to pay off (neverending) debt.
You are acting super gullible and ignoring that Maxwell was found guilty of the very actions you describe as reasonable.

Russias tactics is so crude, yet western leaders seem blind to the scheme, thinking Russia will invade all of Ukraine in the old fashioned way, and constantly having diplomatic talks as if anything can be achieved.
I still doubt EU/US forces will be deployed to the areas, but if they do it's going to be a real local quagmire of guerilla tactics and a Russia determined to covertly support the local rebels (with equipment and troops) for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom