TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

They also have a strong tendency to autoremove comments containing any link, which actually does more to help disinformation than to hinder it in my opinion (you can't share links to reputable sources to counter it and all they need to do it is type "my uncle Bob said"...). I really am not a fan of the way they are doing things myself. Moderation needs to be done by actual people, and they should have incorporated that from the get go (and so should have Facebook).

I would say it's more elitist than racist. No problems with educated middle class Syrians who are also Muslim, but have shared values and similar worldview (except that they hate the French by default).
62024.jpg

That's a stunt though (which also may be illegal), it's like diagnosing a fat slob with gluttony instead of diabetes and coronary disease.
5ur0e0.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It's like saying peer pressure caused lung cancer (being pressured into smoking as a kid), or Christopher Columbus (opening the tobacco trade with his discovery), or the invention of boats...
I doubt it's illegal, though. Sounds like a simple addendum.
But it's an interesting discussion in social medicine, how to see causality - or etiology, as doctors say.

The fascinating saga continues.

Yes. It's like saying peer pressure caused lung cancer (being pressured into smoking as a kid), or Christopher Columbus (opening the tobacco trade with his discovery), or the invention of boats...
I doubt it's illegal, though. Sounds like a simple addendum.
But it's an interesting discussion in social medicine, how to see causality - or etiology, as doctors say.
It's certainly better than getting pills for symptoms without dwelling on the real cause, but it's beyond what practicing doctors should and want to do - the scope is wider, that of health policy from government health bodies (like "be less fat plz") or government action on environmental change (like "nuke India and China from orbit").

@Adorno This is completely off-topic, but I always thought VC (the fixed re-release) was the next step from Warband in terms of features and widely acknowledged as such by players. However I didn't play it as it's another Viking game, I just read the feature list and occasional player feedback.
Now I find particular people criticizing it for "not being all that good". I suspect these people are just negative contrarians who like to poo on other people's parties, but I'm not sure.
What is your opinion as an objective :iamamoron: observer who presumably had greater overview of player feedback after Reforged? Did players like it or was it just a small cultist fan group that liked it?

Last edited:
It felt too big and unfocused to me, I really never could get into it. The real world settings also had no charm for me. I feel that people who like being in historical settings would enjoy it more.

Yes. It's quite big in scope, and I think it might be the most historical Viking game ever (prove me wrong :smile: ).
It was very poorly optimized with severe bugs at release. But with Reforged I think it's pretty solid and fun. We've actually been fixing issues for years after that, committed to a solid product.
It's harder than native and mostly aimed at hardcore gamers who enjoy big epic games. If you give it enough time to explore all the new features and quests it becomes really fun.
Too bad the online part quickly died.

I made all the scenes and 3D architecture like houses, towers, walls etc. (not ships) and only regret not having more time for variety of villages (too many are identical).

It's harder than native and mostly aimed at hardcore gamers who enjoy big epic games. If you give it enough time to explore all the new features and quests it becomes really fun.
Too bad the online part quickly died.

I made all the scenes and 3D architecture like houses, towers, walls etc. (not ships) and only regret not having more time for variety of villages (too many are identical).
Architecture and historical authenticity were great. I just prefer firearms or fantasy to shield-wall meat grinding. I don't regret purchasing VC, I just can't sink 1,000+ hours into it. The reforged game delivers what was advertised.

Here's a joke:
In a separate statement, he [Raisi tweeted] declared that the UAE was "one of the world's safest places" and that the Gulf Arab state continued to be the "most important force for positive change in the world's most difficult region".

The annual Freedom House report on Freedom in the World has listed the United Arab Emirates as "Not Free" every year since 1999, the first year for which records are available on their website.

gkWQh.gif

The annual Freedom House report on Freedom in the World has listed the United Arab Emirates as "Not Free" every year since 1999, the first year for which records are available on their website.
That's beside the point, he claimed it was safe and Interpol's job is safety, not freedom (that's US Air Force's job). :mrgreen:
The actual problem is his connection with unlawful arrests and torture, which could be legalized to make things right. :dead::party:

But were the UAE just subcontracting for the CIA?
It's an old article but the quote at the end is worth plugging again:
Current US president Donald Trump claimed to be a supporter of torture during his electoral campaign, claiming he would do "a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding", should he win the election.
In an interview with ABC News, Trump said he believed torture works and that "we have to fight fire with fire."

For the record, I'm with Barak on closing black sites.

Last edited:
Perhaps one of the worst aspects of Trump's policies was his unequivocal support for torture (even before he was elected).
There was an odd lack of criticism on that when he was president. It dwarfs so many other critiques.
It basically means he had nothing to contribute in areas of human rights and anything related to justice.
A democratic oxymoron.

Or killing terrorist families. Or assassinating Assad (he did murder that Iranian general though).
And I'm sure there are others warcrimy "policy ideas" he had or just homicidal trash talk to please his rabble.
Remaining US moral authority (or how US liberals rationalized US aggression) = gone.

The Turkish Lira is now worth about a quarter of its value against the Euro five years ago. Last month, Turkey's annual rate of inflation edged up to 19.89%, its highest since January 2019. Having sacked three central bank chiefs in two years its probably time for President Erdogan to sack a fourth as I doubt he'll drop his policies in an economic U-turn.

Seems like Erdogan has his own economic ideas contrary to 'classic' economic policies that the sacked central bank chiefs tried to follow.
Instead of raising interest rates Erdogan is relying on the economy to stabilize over time. With the lira being low exports will pick up, e.g.
But that doesn't help all the people right now seeing their savings slowly wither away.

It's an odd, unpopular policy. Erdogan is blaming all sorts of people being enemies of Turkey.
It can make you wonder whether Erdogan is of sane mind.
Whenever he gives a speech you can almost see the value of the lira drop in real time with each word he says.

Back
Top Bottom