TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe high profile lawsuits (like the one against Rudy G) would expose Trump's election lies - you can't lie in court like on social media.
If you don't see a way that the conspiracy people would pipe down, maybe it's time to buy a gun, just in case.

Full report to be released tuesday.

The commission's research had uncovered between 2,900 and 3,200 paedophile priests or other members of the church, said Jean-Marc Sauve, adding that it was "a minimum estimate".

It's always been there in the US. Trump did make it mainstream and made recruitment easier though. What worries me most is the Orwellian denying of reality (election fraud, vaccine conspiracy theories and what have you). You can talk to someone who disagrees with you politically, but you can't really talk to someone that's convinced that it's sunny when standing in the rain.
That's the thing for me too. You can't have debates with people who deny basic accepted truths and seem to shun the very concept of such. The completely different universes people are living in are so polarizing and it's ruining America.
If you don't see a way that the conspiracy people would pipe down, maybe it's time to buy a gun, just in case.
Unironically I approve of this. I'm an advocate for the 2nd A and people on both sides training and becoming competent with firearms. It's not a good thing if only the right-wing have guns, there are more left-wing Americans becoming more gun-oriented but it's still in the minority.
Full report to be released tuesday.
Is there any time where the Catholic Church hasn't been like this? It's a disgusting institution.

Paedophiles will infiltrate any lax organisation which grants them direct access and a free hand with zero consequences.
I don't think most of them infiltrate organizations. Strategizing pedos could try to find a church layman or a substitute teacher or a scout leader job, but I doubt they become priests with the plan to infiltrate a church to get to the sexy altar boys.
Also, the Catholic Church priests are especially infamous for being pedos, mostly because of the cover up scandals, which don't seem to be so prevalent in other churches, schools or other organizations for kids, who are quicker to go to the police.

Zizek once said that the Catholic Church is a kind of invisible, subconscious dogwhistle to pedophiles. Something about the sum of the parts of Catholic priesthood appeals to the subconscious of pedos. It's the same way there are so many gay autistic Rhodesia fanboys, or so many femboy Nazis, or so many trans people who are unhealthily obsessed with Fallout New Vegas. Most people can't easily explain why they like a certain thing, but something about the amalgamation of the individual objective parts of a movement or piece of media attracts people with specific traits.

The link that says at least 3,000 pedophile priests have been uncovered leads to an article saying that the previous estimate of 3,000 victims was too low. So...which is it? Three thousand perps or victims? Surely, your average pedo priest molested more than one child. Also, it's over a period of 70 years, how many people have been ordained over that period in this 80 mil, (formerly) overwhelmingly Catholic nation? Does the rate of incidence stand out against the general population?

My gut and experience tells me that while the cover-ups are a big problem, the clergy is not particularly pedo. Gay, on the other hand...Of course, the question is, if a priest is caught with a 14 year old boy, did we catch a gay or a pedo?
some people are more divine than everyone else
said no Catholic ever.

Last edited:
The Pope is infallible when he decides to speak authoritatively on doctrinal matters. This has happened exactly once. Literally nobody in the Church claims or has ever claimed that the Pope, let alone "mere" bishops, are personally sinless or that the clergy is less sinful than the lay people. The Church is very clear that every human is sinful and that who will be saved is up to God only and unknowable to any human including the popiest of popes.

You could just say that it is reprehensible when someone abuses their position of authority in a community to satisfy their sexual inclinations, which is 100% true, but instead you choose to dab on your misrepresentation of Catholic theology. See the error of your ways, my child ? :xf-cool:

I genuinely don't know which answer is so obvious to you. Honest to God :razz:
I think you do. But as I am in the mood for a polite discussion - let say I find priest's sexual preferences - irrelevant. To further elaborate, I find this rhetoric a distraction in CC's as they often say - 'pursuit' in finding the systemic root cause of all 'this weak souls ailment' they are accused with. They lean in towards that direction too often to fog the publics' eyes and avoid the beast/victim rhetoric... Poor excuses of weak people teaching other people about God, His mercy, and salvation.

The Pope is infallible when he decides to speak authoritatively on doctrinal matters. This has happened exactly once. Literally nobody in the Church claims or has ever claimed that the Pope, let alone "mere" bishops, are personally sinless or that the clergy is less sinful than the lay people. The Church is very clear that every human is sinful and that who will be saved is up to God only and unknowable to any human including the popiest of popes.

You could just say that it is reprehensible when someone abuses their position of authority in a community to satisfy their sexual inclinations, which is 100% true, but instead you choose to dab on your misrepresentation of Catholic theology. See the error of your ways, my child ? :xf-cool:
I didn't necessarily say that Catholicism states that the Pope and Bishops are sinless, but that they are clearly regarded as a higher authority and higher in power among Christians. The influence and power of the Pope used to be ridiculously vast and powerful for most of its existence, and this clearly wasn't a good thing in many circumstances. Are you Catholic? Enlighten me on what exactly is the purpose and authority of the Pope if I am wrong.

The link that says at least 3,000 pedophile priests have been uncovered leads to an article saying that the previous estimate of 3,000 victims was too low. So...which is it?
Not sure where you read that but in a previous interview it was estimated at at least 10,000 victims since 1950.
That's about 140 victims each year for 70 years. And each victim has typically been assaulted more than once.
So it's a staggering amount of crime systematically being covered up. The catholic church is almost de facto a criminal organisation.

I don't think most of them infiltrate organizations. Strategizing pedos could try to find a church layman or a substitute teacher or a scout leader job, but I doubt they become priests with the plan to infiltrate a church to get to the sexy altar boys.
Also, the Catholic Church priests are especially infamous for being pedos, mostly because of the cover up scandals, which don't seem to be so prevalent in other churches, schools or other organizations for kids, who are quicker to go to the police.
Maybe, but:

Documented clusters of paedophile clergy, including at St Alipius Boys’ School in Ballarat in the 1970s, showed they were “conducting illicit activity in an organised and co-operative way”

I didn't necessarily say that Catholicism states that the Pope and Bishops are sinless, but that they are clearly regarded as a higher authority and higher in power among Christians. The influence and power of the Pope used to be ridiculously vast and powerful for most of its existence, and this clearly wasn't a good thing in many circumstances. Are you Catholic? Enlighten me on what exactly is the purpose and authority of the Pope if I am wrong.
I am Catholic, according to the Catholic church :xf-cool: That clergy wields power and that it sometimes abuse it, is a completely different statement from saying that clergy considers itself (more) divine or close(r) to God. It's the same difference between saying "Stalin was responsible for so and so many deaths" and "Stalin considered himself biologically a different species", ya feelin' me?

You said that the abuses occur because the Catholic doctrine tells priests they are qualitatively and supernaturally better than lay people. This is just not true. It's actually quite some food for thought that the Church has become such a power structure, including instances of abuse of power, despite its very egalitarian and humbling doctrine.

@Adorno I was talking about this link you posted earlier. It says the the commission had previously estimated around 3,000 pedophile priests, but the hyperlink to that says the previous estimates of 3,000 victims is "certainly and underestimate". There is mention of the number of priests.

I am Catholic, according to the Catholic church :xf-cool: That clergy wields power and that it sometimes abuse it, is a completely different statement from saying that clergy considers itself (more) divine or close(r) to God. It's the same difference between saying "Stalin was responsible for so and so many deaths" and "Stalin considered himself biologically a different species", ya feelin' me?

You said that the abuses occur because the Catholic doctrine tells priests they are qualitatively and supernaturally better than lay people. This is just not true. It's actually quite some food for thought that the Church has become such a power structure, including instances of abuse of power, despite its very egalitarian and humbling doctrine.
Fairly interesting rundown, but what then do the clergy and the Pope base their strong power on if not divine selection, which would sound like they are more special than the average person? How did the Pope and this power structure get so powerful and wealthy if it's a humbling doctrine?

What you are talking about is the doctrine of Christ. That is not the doctrine of the Catholic church. I was never once taught any of this egalitarian and humbling stuff at Sunday school, nor did I see any evidence of it in the way priests behaved. It honestly only takes one glance and the Pope, a bishop and priest of a random countryside church to realize that what you are saying is simply not practiced by the Catholic church.

Back
Top Bottom