TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Currently viewing this thread:

Best answers
I think it's naive to think Russian intelligence is not also involved and doesn't have disinformation strategies on social media.
How much it actually matters is debateable (I doubt it had any significant impact on the election, but it's hard to tell).
If it had any direct impact on the election, that was basically unintentional. The point of using bots is to muddy the waters of political discussion and turn internal disputes between neolibs and neocons into grand conspiracies involving russian spies and cyberwarfare, hence why no attempt was made to hide what they were doing.
Until a few years ago they did something similar to try and undermine the BBC by posting loads of comments saying "BBC is biased for not reporting on riot #8283782 within 2 hours, watch Russia Today instead!". It was so blatant that accusations of russian propaganda began flying immediately.

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
(Paywall)

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.
😜

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The Times report also reveals the financial pressure on Trump is mounting as he is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421m, with most of it coming due within four years.

“Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president,” it reads.

Update: Trump has refuted the report
"Actually I paid tax. And you'll see that as soon as my tax returns - it's under audit, they've been under audit for a long time," ...
"The IRS [Internal Revenue Service] does not treat me well… they treat me very badly,"
Maybe he's just referring to the $72.9m tax refund that's subject of an audit.

Last edited:

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
Trump has taken the step today of requiring federal employees to swear loyalty to him and not the government. Can we say Heinrich Himmler?

Arvenski

Count
M&BWB
Best answers
He's got less than two weeks before the big day. Hopefully he'll lose, and then we can start fresh in January no matter what crazy **** he pulls between now and then.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
I hope I'm being overly paranoid but he will remain in office till mid-January, and as commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces and de factp leader of the Proud Boys and Boogaloos, 14 of whom were trying to assassinate the governor of Michigan.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
We call them fascists, racists, or Trump supporters and they have been involved in three instances of voter intimidation already.

Best answers
@Lord Brutus, I have had troubles finding reliable news on this. I don't doubt that something happen, just unclear on what actually happened. Where did you see that? I am finding things ranging from this

(where the source and the title makes me think that they might, perhaps, be exaggerating a side of the story a little)

To this

and this one, which mentions involvement of the Proud Boys

I wish journalists stopped spinning the news to fit a political agenda and just stuck with the basic damn facts so that we can each decide what to think of it, but I guess that's asking too much these days.

Lord Brutus

Archduke
M&BWB
Best answers
The two latter articles contain the NYC incident. In Philadelphia trump supporters were interrupted taking photos of people voting. In Florida a police officer in uniform entered a voting place with a Trump or nothing mask.

kurczak

Section Moderator
WB
Best answers

Here's hoping it's not the start of a trend...
Yes, three dead, including one decapitated, and six (I think) wounded is what one """"mentally ill"""", """"unarmed""""" man with a knife can do.

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
The word decapitated was also used about the French teacher who was killed.
But some write that the throat was cut. Was the head actually severed from the body?
I can't imagine you can cut off a head with a knife.