TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
If it's the death of memes, bring it on.

But seriously, it sounds terrible.

I don't know how much truth there is to it, but I've read that the meme banning interpretation is an extreme one.
But yeah, the law itself is pretty aweful, whether it bans memes or not.

Finally, memes have a certain beauty to them: a meme is an image or a general idea that is viral; people propogate it to others by repeating the same idea over and over again, thing is, that many times, to enhance the meme some people along the line of illiteration change or add things to it. So they always evolve.
This is exactly what culture is: it's a set of ideas and behaviours which we repeat and pass unto our children. Each generation changes that set somewhat and passes it on aswell.
Here for example is a chart illustrating how Spurdo diverged from Pedobear and spawned its own decendants:
original-7150-1423515362-18.png
Furthermore, the modification of memes usually includes the prized human senses of irony, wit, self-deprecation and self-reference. This is why memes aren't so bad, and infact beautiful and interesting in their own way.
Memes also illustrate the darwinistic market place of ideas: if a meme stops evolving, it eventually dies. Many times a meme is popular along side one or more of its decendants, and the one that prevails is the one most adapted/adaptable to ever changing tastes of its target population.

Countries of europe has some of the largest electoral districts. Netherlands has 260k voters.

And many European countries are among the top 10 Erdogan supporting districts if all districts in Turkey and abroad were taken together. 70% voted for Erdogan in the Netherlands

Turkey is classified as 'Not Free' by Freedom House. It's very rare for a Not Free country to hold an election that results in chief executive conceding defeat(once in last 15 years). The polls predicted an outcome less favourable for him(opposition forcing second round) and the counting process of votes is mostly fair and transparent so I thought we could have at least some balance and that Erdogan-ultranationalist coalition could lose majority together. But polls apparently had an anti-government bias.

Yeah I don't think elections are rigged on the day of voting(even though there probably is intimidation and suppression of voters in remote rural Kurdish majority areas) but given the campaigning before elections(only one TV channel not controlled by the government, Erdogan being aired at least 20 times more than all opposition candidates taken together, one candidate running from prison and having thousands of his party members arrested) Turkey accurately merits the status of dictatorship.

Back
Top Bottom