Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's different explaining that building X amount of villagers or soldiers at Y time is a good tactic compared to individual quick reactions and why they're good. CS and other shooters have that visceral, obvious skillshot potential where someone does a crazy shot and that just never needs explained, everyone watching will get it.

I think you can turn blood off in Bannerlord no?

Bannerlord has the same obvious skillshot/strike potential. It would make people cheer but it’s not the aim factor that would really fill people watching with stoke.

It’s the buildup. Watching the players work together and react to their opponents, using wits, executing under pressure, and the insane comeback and that’s what it’s all about.

The aim is like, there will always be many people quicker than you. You need a minimum level of proficiency and beyond that it’s just being able to execute under pressure, that’s what’s way important than getting the fastest aim or the most apm or whatever.

As long as there is balance (of course not perfectly balanced, despite what I wrote and like what others mentioned, that can never happen, most board games have 1 player go first, they obviously have the advantage) and sportsmanship, anything can be taken as seriously as any major league sport, and anyone can appreciate skillfulness.

Last edited:
in general i think it's true though. it is less entertaining to watch than other games, especially for those that don't really know what's going on in great detail or aren't that into it. i watch TI every year and have done since TI6, but I don't play dota. even still, it's enjoyable to watch and i can understand the basics of what's going on thanks to the casters and the way the game works.

I dunno about that. I feel like anyone can understand warband gameplay because it's based around movement and telegraphed animations with far less abstraction than Dota. My grandma could definitely understand a warband duel match but would struggle to even make sense of a dota game. As a non-player of moba games myself I have no idea what the hell is going on in a dota game, but even before I'd bought warband I had a good idea of the mechanics just by watching videos.

As @Rektasaurus said I think the "boringness" factor is dependent mostly on how much you already like the game, and that in turn can be dependent on how big and supportive the MP community is. I really enjoy watching clan battle matches in native for example, but there are only a handful of youtubers who cover them and they aren't casted by enthusiastic hyped up commentators. If I was a normie who heard about warband and just saw a collection of 40 minute unedited videos of a dreary norfolk guy issuing orders and getting killed early on, I wouldn't give it the time of day even if it was the most interesting match ever. Conversely I would probably want to know what all the fuss is about when I see hundreds of allcaps well produced dota casts all across youtube.

Bannerlord has the same obvious skillshot/strike potential. It would make people cheer but it’s not the aim factor that would really fill people watching with stoke.

Not really. Kills are much slower in MnB and is often decided by melee skill which, as I say, is much harder to bring across in the spectator view. You can get a sick headshot here or there sure, but even that lacks the wow factor of a CS ace and similar.

To put it in perspective, there has never been a teamwipe by a single player in Warband competitive, at least not in a high level match that I know of.

Not really. Kills are much slower in MnB and is often decided by melee skill which, as I say, is much harder to bring across in the spectator view. You can get a sick headshot here or there sure, but even that lacks the wow factor of a CS ace and similar.

To put it in perspective, there has never been a teamwipe by a single player in Warband competitive, at least not in a high level match that I know of.

Last free bump for eb’s thread from me.

That’s like saying a hockey player has never scored a touchdown. Or like some people hate soccer because they just wait for one side to score a goal and its usually 1 or 1 for the whole game. Check out basketball they get hundreds of points it’s nonstop action compared to soccer. Or is it? They’re all still sports and people love them for the same reasons, that’s all I’m trying to say.

Peasants get slings now and I can still steal horses so I think I’m going to unwatch this thread and try to get better at melee. Love jufasto and cessna’s videos.

Peace!

That’s like saying a hockey player has never scored a touchdown. Or like some people hate soccer because they just wait for one side to score a goal and its usually 1 or 1 for the whole game. Check out basketball they get hundreds of points it’s nonstop action compared to soccer. Or is it? They’re all still sports and people love them for the same reasons, that’s all I’m trying to say.

Not arguing it's not good, just arguing it's very different as a spectator sport. All of those sports have evolved over time, both in their play and their coverage, to best represent what makes the sport good. MnB has not yet.

Warband is very boring to watch, I don't think anyone disputed that.

CSGO, despite being one of the most popular games, doesn't have very high watch-rates outside of tournaments. And again, it's "the" shooter game. There's not much of a reason to play another aim based game when you have CSGO. Valorent numbers are in freefall.

CSGO has 73 million hours of viewing in the last 30 days. Valorant sits at like 35 hours if I remember correctly. Both are in top 10 of twitch. The #1 is League of Legends with 139 hours.

Saying that the class system will stay does not reject criticism. Do you think they are stupid? Of course they know that the current system doesn't work because literally every page on the forum has something about this subject. Just be patient and wait for them to give more customization options.

Saying that the class system will stay does not reject criticism. Do you think they are stupid? Of course they know that the current system doesn't work because literally every page on the forum has something about this subject. Just be patient and wait for them to give more customization options.
Their customization options will be in the form of cosmetics, which isn't something that is going to fix the fact the design is a flat surface.

Yeah I tend to think they probably have a better idea than us what the problems are. Like many others said I think their focuses are just different. The fact that slings were put in. Not that I don’t like them it’s just...

yeah.. lol. But honestly they must be planning something about that because sticking to the current class system would be quite disastrous XD

Which doesnt matter if we arnt informed. If in 2021 they out of the blue say oh hey by the way we completely re did the class system! Most people wont care and wont come back.

greed no matter what happens this game will be popular. if the devs mess it up then modder will recreate a system which is more similar to warband and honestly i guess that mod will be much more popular than native haha

but why would they do that, it wouldnt make sense. im sure theyll come up with nice things

The game wont be nearly as popular as it could be if TW relies on modders to fix their game for them.

CSGO has 73 million hours of viewing in the last 30 days. Valorant sits at like 35 hours if I remember correctly. Both are in top 10 of twitch. The #1 is League of Legends with 139 hours.

Above I acknowledged that CSGO is very popular on Twitch, but that's thanks to the tournament streams. Regular streams watching average gameplay aren't close to as popular as tournaments.

Valorent is in freefall as you can see here: https://twitchtracker.com/games/516575

Not gonna lie I forget what even started this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom