Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean t and ct have a few weapons which are unique to their side that have different recoil, ammo, rof, and speed malus, but aside from that yeah it has all of them

The only difference between factions in CSGO is weapons. Everything else is the same pretty much.

The only difference between factions in CSGO is weapons. Everything else is the same pretty much.

Yeah. Only a few of them them too. A couple pairs of pistols, smgs, rifles, and one pair of shotties and machine guns. They’re are all pretty damn similar to each other too haha. Everything else is identical.

Oh and defuse kit. :iamamoron::smile:

Yeah. Only a few of them them too. A couple pairs of pistols, smgs, rifles, and one pair of shotties and machine guns. They’re are all pretty damn similar to each other too haha. Everything else is identical.

Oh and defuse kit. :iamamoron::smile:
CSGO is the exception that proves the rule. Very very few competitive games are so symmetric; because it's boring to watch for most genres.

Imagine watching overwatch but everyone plays 76; or DOTA and everyone plays sven...

CSGO is the exception that proves the rule. Very very few competitive games are so symmetric; because it's boring to watch for most genres.

Imagine watching overwatch but everyone plays 76; or DOTA and everyone plays sven...

yeah. games like football. soccer. backgammon. chess. yahtzee. they're all so asymmetric and boring to watch. :razz:

Other than what I have quoted, a lot of what you mention was incorporated into the warband community-based competitive mode. Now before I'm preempted, there's a ton of reasons why it never became mainstream, ranging from lack of TW support, to the immense skill gap and lack of accessibility (literally thousands of hours of dying to better players), to the general toxicity/hazing of the warband veterans to new comers.

What do you mean by 'competitive mode'? We had server side stat adjustments (which were extremely mild) quite late into the games life. We also had a matchmaking system (which quite a lot of us didn't like) which was even later into the games life. Otherwise there is very little on the surface different in how competitive is played from normal aside from round time and player number rules (which varied by tournament). I don't really see how competitive play had much involvement with what you quoted.

MP is weak in bannerlord, I played (and still do) WB mp since it's inception.
Despite waiting for Bannerlord since its announcement in 1932 and buying it on release, I've a grand total of a couple of hrs on it and I am not unique at all in this regard.

Why do we STILL not have a proper list of servers to choose from? Where are the custom servers? Why do I have to wait for an age to get a game then get kicked back to home screen when the game is over (instead of going to next match)? This stuff should've been sorted long before release yet still nothing. The bug fixing has been good but where is the content? Where is the reacting to playerbase feedback?

Im saying it since dawn of bannerlord times, open custom servers,allow modding and your game is done for free,dammit people would even make you free maps so we dont have to play on 2 maps in skirmish.

MP is weak in bannerlord, I played (and still do) WB mp since it's inception.
Despite waiting for Bannerlord since its announcement in 1932 and buying it on release, I've a grand total of a couple of hrs on it and I am not unique at all in this regard.

Why do we STILL not have a proper list of servers to choose from? Where are the custom servers? Why do I have to wait for an age to get a game then get kicked back to home screen when the game is over (instead of going to next match)? This stuff should've been sorted long before release yet still nothing. The bug fixing has been good but where is the content? Where is the reacting to playerbase feedback?

Yeah. I think they really neglected ui/ux elements in favor of other core issues and it really shows. Good development strategy but in the case of early access, a much better ui and a more well thought out ux would’ve done a lot to keep people happy while enduring tweaks and bugs. Then all the bittervets and scrubs would be like, “yeah your game looks nice and pretty but the core is garbage!”

CSGO says hello.

The main element of CSGO is aim. The aim style between different guns is very different. If the core element of the game has plenty of nuance then my point still stands.

There's also nades and equipment, but of the current popular games, CSGO is probably around due to it's early arrival on the scene. No new game could hope to come out as samey as CSGO is and be popular. Valorent has loads of different abilities and stuff, but it's still pretty boring to watch despite the massive view-campaign that they did with keys. It's just not interesting to watch people do the same thing every game.

Like in the post that OGL made, games thrive off of dynamic systems, and that can be created in a number of ways from unique characters to unique equipment to unique game-flow.

I disagree creating a hybrid role between archers and inf is really weird and bad for competitive I think just making a new class and nerfing khuzaits guards armor and giving them a stronger bow perk would be better shift tbh

I think it'd be fine if the perks pushed the KG either into archer or infantry. Arguably the strongest part of most infantry's kit is javs, which do massive damage at medium range, so giving them a weak bow doesn't seem that much of a difference in power.

Although even if it was balanced with a 50% winrate in high ranked games I imagine people would still complain, so there's that.

The main element of CSGO is aim. The aim style between different guns is very different. If the core element of the game has plenty of nuance then my point still stands.

There's also nades and equipment, but of the current popular games, CSGO is probably around due to it's early arrival on the scene. No new game could hope to come out as samey as CSGO is and be popular. Valorent has loads of different abilities and stuff, but it's still pretty boring to watch despite the massive view-campaign that they did with keys. It's just not interesting to watch people do the same thing every game.

Thats your opinion and its respectable but millions who watch both games disagree. I could say the same about warband, people spawn, kill each other, capture flag and repeat.

Thats your opinion and its respectable but millions who watch both games disagree. I could say the same about warband, people spawn, kill each other, capture flag and repeat.

Warband is very boring to watch, I don't think anyone disputed that.

CSGO, despite being one of the most popular games, doesn't have very high watch-rates outside of tournaments. And again, it's "the" shooter game. There's not much of a reason to play another aim based game when you have CSGO. Valorent numbers are in freefall.

Warband is very boring to watch, I don't think anyone disputed that.

CSGO, despite being one of the most popular games, doesn't have very high watch-rates outside of tournaments. And again, it's "the" shooter game. There's not much of a reason to play another aim based game when you have CSGO. Valorent numbers are in freefall.
Warband being boring to watch is subjective

Warband being boring to watch is subjective

in general i think it's true though. it is less entertaining to watch than other games, especially for those that don't really know what's going on in great detail or aren't that into it. i watch TI every year and have done since TI6, but I don't play dota. even still, it's enjoyable to watch and i can understand the basics of what's going on thanks to the casters and the way the game works. i enjoy watching warband because i'm so into the game, but i know that when i have tried to get friends to watch it they don't find it interesting because it just is kinda boring for people that aren't passionate about it.

in general i think it's true though. it is less entertaining to watch than other games, especially for those that don't really know what's going on in great detail or aren't that into it. i watch TI every year and have done since TI6, but I don't play dota. even still, it's enjoyable to watch and i can understand the basics of what's going on thanks to the casters and the way the game works. i enjoy watching warband because i'm so into the game, but i know that when i have tried to get friends to watch it they don't find it interesting because it just is kinda boring for people that aren't passionate about it.
But it doesn't change the fact its subjective. You can say its not popular with the numbers, but saying its terrible to watch is subjective

Think it's hard to tell when someone has done something good in MnB from a spectator's view, especially in melee. Just looks like people randomly die.

Good casters who love and can explain the game are just as important as skillful players/teams for the health of a game. T90 I think very nearly single-handedly helped aoe2’s popularity soar to the point that Microsoft released de. Super well done too.

Anything you don’t know about looks kind of boring. It just needs a little something to spark a bit of curiosity then you get a new fan.

Once people get over the larp-jerk factor then everything in Bannerlord is super accessible. It is very bloody though. Super grim. I lowkey wish I could turn blood off. I must be getting old

It's different explaining that building X amount of villagers or soldiers at Y time is a good tactic compared to individual quick reactions and why they're good. CS and other shooters have that visceral, obvious skillshot potential where someone does a crazy shot and that just never needs explained, everyone watching will get it.

I think you can turn blood off in Bannerlord no?

Back
Top Bottom