Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pathetic...

It's a very small balance change - and it will probably get looked at as EA goes on. You are literally asking for someones life to be destroyed because you don't like the fact sometimes players pick up different weapons in a video game - like they can do in every other game ever...

You need to seriously work out your ****ing priorities in life. I am actually furious at how entitled, privileged and disjointed your world view must be that you actually genuinely believe someone should be made unemployed during a global pandemic because of that...
++

I don’t know what warband mp was like and I can appreciate the devs trying something new but I just can’t understand why they would design their mp in the way that they did. It’s like they play tested mp with kids who would never have liked playing mount and blade to begin with or something.
I like what it can potentially become, I think once it's done and polished, more people will be able to appreciate it.

LOL no way, terrible thread disagree completely and the way you worded it doesn't make sense

They don't have access to any gear

They can PICK UP any WEAPON that has been dropped on the battlefield, but they keep their individual armro stats, which is called realism, don't like it, **** off

Any player should be able to pick up any weapon/use a horse/archery at any time, removing that would be so stupid

Yes you may see a peasant with a lance on a horse but that peasant has 1/10th the armor of a knight and will go down in one hit

If you don't like it leave

Last edited:
And Warband MP never was a success in any regard. Granted, they never put as much effort into it, or marketing, but still I don't get why you people refer to Warband MP as some kind of a success story that TW should strive to repeat. I loved it, but it was never anything big, despite me eagerly wanting it to be, hell I even bought the game to all of my friends and their dogs. It makes sense they are trying different approaches now to get a bigger audience.
JfZ7g.jpg

ldKP5.jpg
4LmgE.jpg

I think we all know that is because of singleplayer. MP warband was a small community - a brilliant community yes but nowhere near as large as the SP playerbase.

This is what Tork is referring to. As much as we loved warband MP; bannerlord would have never of happened if it wasn't for players buying it just for the SP component. And Tork did specifically say Warband MP.

I think we all know that is because of singleplayer. MP warband was a small community - a brilliant community yes but nowhere near as large as the SP playerbase.

This is what Tork is referring to. As much as we loved warband MP; bannerlord would have never of happened if it wasn't for players buying it just for the SP component.

SP or MP nonetheless, they both contributed to the success that warband was.

For a multiplayer that was seen as an afterthought, warband multiplayer was great. And it isn't by neglecting the community bannerlord multiplayer (that isn't an afterthought anymore) will become a great game.

He didn't say bad - he said unsuccessful. Yes people still play it after 10 years ( I am one of those people); but it takes more then 200 people to make a MP successful. Warband SP would have 10-20x that number playing at any moment.

Well the way they're going now Bannerlord's MP is going to be significantly less successful than Warband's.

He didn't say bad - he said unsuccessful. Yes people still play it after 10 years ( I am one of those people); but it takes more then 200 people to make a MP successful. Warband SP would have 10-20x that number playing at any moment.

I've seen countless people say they won't touch multiplayer. And will only be playing singleplayer. What's the point of trying to change the mind of people who only play a game for the singleplayer? It's like complaining that the last of us has a smaller multiplayer playerbase even though the game is singleplayer focused.

Well the way they're going now Bannerlord's MP is going to be significantly less successful than Warband's.
I disagree - I think their path is in the right direction just the progress is quite slow. Their latest MP dev update specifically stated they are working on combat parameters. This is 100% the main thing we all agree on needs working. If you compare Bannerlord now to how it was at the start of the BETA - it is an incredible improvement; just there is a lot more path ahead.

It's almost as if Warband had this exact same problem in the beta, and we got it fixed by raising skill requirements to ride horses, removing bolts/arrows from non-ranged classes between rounds, and adjusting proficiencies so that off-class weapons were not very effective. You don't see people running hybrid loadouts in Warband anymore. Yet here we are, 10 years later, repeating old mistakes. We have skill requirements on horses & ranged weapons in SP, they just need to be enabled for MP and skills for various classes need to be adjusted so that foot troops can't mount (heavy) horses and infantry/cavalry can't pick up bows.
+1
tumblr_o8h8bpGG2E1qz6z2wo1_400.gif

I still wonder why this which is such a basic thing is not implemented

It's almost as if Warband had this exact same problem in the beta, and we got it fixed by raising skill requirements to ride horses, removing bolts/arrows from non-ranged classes between rounds, and adjusting proficiencies so that off-class weapons were not very effective. You don't see people running hybrid loadouts in Warband anymore. Yet here we are, 10 years later, repeating old mistakes. We have skill requirements on horses & ranged weapons in SP, they just need to be enabled for MP and skills for various classes need to be adjusted so that foot troops can't mount (heavy) horses and infantry/cavalry can't pick up bows.

It's as if i have heard about this before ? ? ? ?
J2pb-.jpg

WzhQ5.jpg

Orion repeating what he said back in june ???
(and still being right about it)

I don't think that 300 or so cultists playing the game's MP make it sucessfull, even if they do it for 10 years or more. Admit it Younes, we're hipsters.
300 cultists is better then 0 cultists. Because lets be honest, there is no one that actually likes playing the game same way people did in warband

Facts be facts babe

Pathetic...

It's a very small balance change - and it will probably get looked at as EA goes on. You are literally asking for someones life to be destroyed because you don't like the fact sometimes players pick up different weapons in a video game - like they can do in every other game ever...

You need to seriously work out your ****ing priorities in life. I am actually furious at how entitled, privileged and disjointed your world view must be that you actually genuinely believe someone should be made unemployed during a global pandemic because of that...

Get help.

Imagine coming to GAMING franchise's forum to talk about priorities in real life.

Even the OP had a rough title on his post, he is correct. Stop talking about the global pandemic on this forum. You have done it before, nobody cares at this very moment about the pandemic, we come here to talk about something very specific, which is bannerlord. You inspire nobody.

Back
Top Bottom