TaleWorlds - Need Ironman mode

Need Ironman mode in the game?

• Yes!

• No...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like the game to play Ironman mode (when you can’t save it yourself, only one or two (2-3 is better because the game is still not completely stable) is auto-saved.

For fans of hardcore modes and for summer displays it would be great.

I hope developers will think about it and add in game.

Yes, I like the Idea, and fixed maxed settings. :grin:
Brother, let's hug, I found a friend

371-3710541_meme-stick-together-like-glue-like-wojak-and.png

yep, hopefully they will implement this, thats the way i play CK2 and did with viking conquest back in the day.

Tho it might be still early for it in a current state of the game.

I mean, all you need is self-discipline and you can already play ironmode.
Just keep saves to avoid bugs/crashes, but chose to never load them when you have a bad fight etc.
Also when you die, delete the save and start a new game.

I think for early access it maks little sense. However when everything is fixed and finished an Ironman mode with no quit without saving and difficulty set to the realistic would be good. Achievements could be potentially only given in that mode to get people to play that way.

Just keep saves to avoid bugs/crashes, but chose to never load them when you have a bad fight etc.
This, if you want ironman, its pretty much available in all games out there - just don't save scum.

Ahh, the times when you get a spanky looking 20 stat demon possessed young king in ck2, only to have him die the next year, and be inherited by dotard of a brother.

I like to try out things in Bannerlord, like how well infantry with shields would do against a normal lord army, so I know I won't play ironman, but it would be good to have, though you can always restrain yourself from ever loading a save, and just rolling with the impulsive decisions you make, buuut, it's always better to know you're unable to load a save before the lost battle.

I was kind of pissed off at first that I didn't get a conquered fief when joining a faction, and being in the faction for a while, but then I figured out I can just marry the big baddies (Khergits), and any fief I want is mine now. Of course, I failed my marriage "interviews" 8 times before that, because I didn't save scum it.
#GettingCarriedByYourWife
#Feminism

Thats really hard to do when you have low self-discipline and knowing you have a save game ready to load whenever you had some bad luck. Therefor I also wish there was a Ironman mode so I dont have an option to savescum. :oops:

It would totally change the game for me as I need to be more tactical, as any mistake can give you a whole heap of trouble.

I love Ironman, but as somebody has already said, I don't play Ironman when unstability could be behind the next door. Don't usually use it in EAs nor Modded games. A crash could ruin your experience forever.

Playing on actual Ironman is not comparable with playing with self-discipline, this is different feeling when you actually know that you have only one chance. I agree that at the current state of the game this does not make sense, but the game is being developed right now, there will be no chance for this when it comes to release.

with current combat, especially how disproportionately damaging ranged fire is regardless of your gearing, it would be self flagellation, some people like to cause themselves pain so there it goes. As a concept, fine, but combat is nearly not close enough to consider it realistic. It is very unrealistic, too fast, missiles fire up to 2x realitic speed. Characters with higher athletics run like on drugs, horses with 150+ riding skill ? Easy to achieve unlike athletics. It looks and feels just not right. From my point of view, it would be like slapping myself, as the best thing to do would be, play cav archer, abuse retreat. Melee is also extra punishing, you get a few hits and the skills dont get any better, so while you can level up archery and riding easily, try that with 1H, 2H weapon. Melee is just not rewarding compared to ranged.

If you play as a warchief with you not being the main damage dealer, you can get away with a lot. Combat is both imbalanced and unrealistic. Only if you feel like you want to tell yourself, that you survived it, I guess that would be it. You endured it. Not much else.

Playing on actual Ironman is not comparable with playing with self-discipline, this is different feeling when you actually know that you have only one chance. I agree that at the current state of the game this does not make sense, but the game is being developed right now, there will be no chance for this when it comes to release.
Ironman doesn’t need to be implemented exactly as in the Paradox games, for example, you can enter more than one save, and while the game is being actively tested - 2-3 backup saves, people with a cult of Paradox games (which are by no means ideal) have already gone crazy and don’t understand what exactly is in view of Ironman and not necessarily their sacred cows from Paradox

Sure, especially with graphic glitch replacing all unit textures with black squares, ironman will be nice.

Ironman doesn’t need to be implemented exactly as in the Paradox games, for example, you can enter more than one save, and while the game is being actively tested - 2-3 backup saves, people with a cult of Paradox games (which are by no means ideal) have already gone crazy and don’t understand what exactly is in view of Ironman and not necessarily their sacred cows from Paradox
Yes, I meant that if this feature will not be considered and implemented by devs in early access I dont think that it will be after EA, it’s for those who say that at this stage with bugs it is impossible to play on ironman, and yes, 2 - 3 saves is a good idea for testing.

Back
Top Bottom