TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

Users who are viewing this thread

Just remember, when you select an entity in your scene, you can go to the physics section of the entity inspector and tick the show physics box so you can see its collision mesh.
I still couldn't figure out how to work this out. Could anyone help me out?

What I want:
I want a `map_rock_new_c` object entity in my village scene to have a physics body so that agents collide with it.

Current situation:
When I add a `map_rock_new_c` entity in a scene, it doesn't come with a physics body. There is no `bo_map_rock_new_c` file to add. When I try to add some similar shape through Resource Browser, it says 'Unable to save body: Package is protected. Protected items cannot be modified.' So I'm stuck.

Not using the `map_rock_new_c` prefab and choosing any other rock model with `bo_` is a possible solution, but I'm not totally happy with the approach because I've already spent some time decorating the terrain using the `map_rock_new_X` series.

Just wondering: Is it possible to create my own physics body and add to "protected items"?

General modding question that I have not been able to find or get an answer to: What is TW's policy in regards to asset porting? If I wanted to use an armor model from Bannerlord in Skyrim for example; does TW allow such porting? Or if I wanted to port an armor from Warband to Bannerlord would that be allowed? These are some of my questions as a modder and I've yet to find an actual answer one way or the other.

I still couldn't figure out how to work this out. Could anyone help me out?

What I want:
I want a `map_rock_new_c` object entity in my village scene to have a physics body so that agents collide with it.

Current situation:
When I add a `map_rock_new_c` entity in a scene, it doesn't come with a physics body. There is no `bo_map_rock_new_c` file to add. When I try to add some similar shape through Resource Browser, it says 'Unable to save body: Package is protected. Protected items cannot be modified.' So I'm stuck.

Not using the `map_rock_new_c` prefab and choosing any other rock model with `bo_` is a possible solution, but I'm not totally happy with the approach because I've already spent some time decorating the terrain using the `map_rock_new_X` series.

Just wondering: Is it possible to create my own physics body and add to "protected items"?
Only the map_rock_big series have physics bodies as Taleworlds didn't expect you to expand their small rocks to a size where collisions were important. If you want a physics body for map_rock_c you would need to export the original map_rock_c out of Bannerlord with TpacTool, create a physics body for it (must be very low poly for optimisation) and reimport them both together (with the physics body named bo_map_rock_c) into your own mod. These should then override the native asset. You'll also need to reapply the native material (only to the rock not the physics body which will be invisible).

General modding question that I have not been able to find or get an answer to: What is TW's policy in regards to asset porting? If I wanted to use an armor model from Bannerlord in Skyrim for example; does TW allow such porting? Or if I wanted to port an armor from Warband to Bannerlord would that be allowed? These are some of my questions as a modder and I've yet to find an actual answer one way or the other.

You can only use Bannerlord assets in Bannerlord mods.

Only the map_rock_big series have physics bodies as Taleworlds didn't expect you to expand their small rocks to a size where collisions were important. If you want a physics body for map_rock_c you would need to export the original map_rock_c out of Bannerlord with TpacTool, create a physics body for it (must be very low poly for optimisation) and reimport them both together (with the physics body named bo_map_rock_c) into your own mod. These should then override the native asset. You'll also need to reapply the native material (only to the rock not the physics body which will be invisible).
Thanks for the answer!

Had the "great" idea of editing the already existing wanderers stats instead of making new ones.

My first project was buffing the "Battanian Wanderer" girl as she's unquestionably underwhelming compared to the "Aserai of the Wastes" guy.
My first problem was: If you give her the same traits as the Aserai guy, she's still gonna use her crappy 1H skill over his insane 2H skill.

Code:
<NPCCharacter id="spc_wanderer_aserai_6" name="{=muC2SGlM}of the Wastes" voice="curt" age="31" default_group="Infantry" is_template="true" is_hero="false" culture="Culture.aserai" battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_aserai" civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_aserai" occupation="Wanderer">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.villager_aserai" />
    </face>
    <!--<Hero id="spc_wanderer_aserai_6" faction="Kingdom.aserai" />-->
    <Traits>
      <!--<Trait id="IsTemplate" value="1" />-->
      <Trait id="WandererEquipment" value="1" />
      <Trait id="ArcherFIghtingSkills" value="5" />
      <Trait id="DesertScoutSkills" value="7" />
      <Trait id="Honor" value="-1" />
      <Trait id="Generosity" value="-1" />
    </Traits>
  </NPCCharacter>

Code:
  <NPCCharacter id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" name="{=c5Kjcxsa}the Wanderer" voice="ironic" age="21" is_female="true" default_group="Infantry" is_template="true" is_hero="false" culture="Culture.battania" battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" occupation="Wanderer">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.townswoman_battania" />
    </face>
    <!--<Hero id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" faction="Kingdom.battania" />-->
    <Traits>
      <Trait id="HopliteFightingSkills" value="3" />
      <Trait id="HillScoutSkills" value="3" />
      <Trait id="Valor" value="1" />
      <Trait id="Calculating" value="1" />
      <!--<Trait id="RuralClanIsNemesis" value="1" />-->
    </Traits>
  </NPCCharacter>

And finally underneath you can see what she looks like now.
I can't get the skills to work at all, even when I remove the traits the skills are ignored.
And no matter what I do she still has 1H skills over 2H skills?

Code:
  <NPCCharacter id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" name="{=c5Kjcxsa}the Wanderer" voice="ironic" age="21" is_female="true" default_group="Infantry" is_template="true" is_hero="false" culture="Culture.battania" battleTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" civilianTemplate="NPCCharacter.npc_companion_equipment_template_battania" occupation="Wanderer">
    <face>
      <face_key_template value="NPCCharacter.townswoman_battania" />
    </face>
    <!--<Hero id="spc_wanderer_battania_7" faction="Kingdom.battania" />-->
    <Traits>
      <Trait id="ArcherFIghtingSkills" value="5" />
      <Trait id="DesertScoutSkills" value="7" />
      <Trait id="Valor" value="1" />
      <Trait id="Calculating" value="1" />
      <!--<Trait id="RuralClanIsNemesis" value="1" />-->
    </Traits>
  </NPCCharacter>

Code:
<skills>
      <skill id="OneHanded" value="0" />
      <skill id="TwoHanded" value="150" />
      <skill id="Polearm" value="0" />

<skill id="Bow" value="185" />
      <skill id="Crossbow" value="0" />
      <skill id="Throwing" value="0" />

<skill id="Riding" value="0" />
      <skill id="Athletics" value="110" />
      <skill id="Crafting" value="0" />

<skill id="Scouting" value="140" />
      <skill id="Tactics" value="0" />
      <skill id="Roguery" value="0" />

<skill id="Charm" value="0" />
      <skill id="Leadership" value="0" />
      <skill id="Trade" value="0" />

<skill id="Steward" value="0" />
      <skill id="Medicine" value="0" />
      <skill id="Engineering" value="0" />
    </skills>

Basically what I'm wondering is; where's the 1H and 2H skill coming from?

Which file contains all the first names that you find in the character generation or those of npc artisans/merchants/gang leaders?
I could parse all lord names from `lords.xml` and several companion names from `companions.xml`, but I feel there should be a bigger pool of first names that's being used in randomly generated npcs.

I have tried looking for an answer for this as i assumed it would have been asked several times before, though I've not managed to find anything.

Currently if we want to create a total conversion mod we need to actually create several sub mods and get the recipient to load them all in the correct order. This is a technical nightmare. Will there be any way in the future to circumvent this for those that wish to create full total conversion mods?

Is there any way to just overwrite parts of a xml element without touching the rest of it? Lets say I just want to move the town Epicrotea 2 points on the x-axis. Is there any way to just write something like this in settlements.xml :
XML:
<Settlement id="town_EN1" posX="409.645"/>
I know it would be possible to copy the whole code of this town. But I want to be compatible with patches of the main game. If a patch in some months is changing the prosperity value of Epicrotea, then I want this patch update in my mod without me having to touch settlements.xml again.

hey mates, im new into m&b Bannerlord modding and it seems there is not much of guides for modding.

Cuz i dont want to spam the forum, im looking for a 3dsmax user which mods this game and should help me with the start.As a starter project i want to bring shield into the game.i guess it should be a good start for a newbie:smile:
So if someone could help me with the first steps i would be very thankfull :smile:
iemucun5.png

Is there currently anyway to edit the posttfx and shader files in bannerlord? I can see the exact files I want to edit but have no way of accessing there code

Hello, I have some issues with making age-related Mods.
In this game there is aging system which makes characters look older as time passes so that the character's appearance changes based on their age.
Characters looks like normal teen-agers when aged around 16-20, but after 21 years old they suddenly look like 30 years old muscular adult wrestlers.
From my point of view, it's little bit unnatural so I want to be able to create a Mod which allows me to delay the characters' sudden "growth spurt" from age 21 to age around 25.
The problem is, I have no idea which file I should change to make this happen.
I thought I could do it by editing "skins" xml document file under Modules>Native>ModuleData but I couldn't find the part controlling the characters' appearance depending on their age.
Could someone please tell me which file I should edit in order to achieve my objective?

Whenever I try to export a vanilla texture in the TTPac I get a "Cannot preview nor export this texture because its data are stored in the external TileSets file" message and I cannot export it.

Is this supposed to happen, and if so is there any other way I can export the texture?

Do we need bannerlord for launching modding kit? I only downloaded modding kit because i dont have space for bannerlord rn. It doesnt open.

Back
Top Bottom