TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

Users who are viewing this thread

Question - when making custom companion I can tweak the appearance, the story, name, skill values and traits..

But can I also specify attribute values and skill focuses?

EDIT: Another question - how to troubleshoot your own mod? There is no log I can find in the files. I'm making a very simple troop mod (using ATC. I copied another small troop mod that works nad changed a few things, now it crashes on startup, and I don't know where to look)

Last edited:
Question - when making custom companion I can tweak the appearance, the story, name, skill values and traits..

But can I also specify attribute values and skill focuses?

EDIT: Another question - how to troubleshoot your own mod? There is no log I can find in the files. I'm making a very simple troop mod (using ATC. I copied another small troop mod that works nad changed a few things, now it crashes on startup, and I don't know where to look)
IIRC Logs are in C:/ProgramData/Mount & Blade II Bannerlord/logs

Another question - is it possible to make your own face templates (I don't mean single ones, I mean group).

Units don't (but can have) a single face assigned, rather an entire group (like <face_key_template value="BodyProperty.villager_battania" />)
I want to make my own body property temlpate group.

I maybe an idiot but I cannot select all nodes when I am trying to edit a new scene. When I press ctrl+a it just pans to the left like I'm not pressing ctrl.

I have tried both ctrl buttons and two keyboards.

Am I missing something obvious?

I maybe an idiot but I cannot select all nodes when I am trying to edit a new scene. When I press ctrl+a it just pans to the left like I'm not pressing ctrl.

I have tried both ctrl buttons and two keyboards.

Am I missing something obvious?
After opening the terrain property browser, click on the map. That will select one node. Then press ctrl+a to select them all. The editor needs to be in the right 'mode' to action ctrl+a.

Another question - is it possible to make your own face templates (I don't mean single ones, I mean group).

Units don't (but can have) a single face assigned, rather an entire group (like <face_key_template value="BodyProperty.villager_battania" />)
I want to make my own body property temlpate group.
You can set two values (or the same one) as min/max that serve as a template for troops.

<face> <BodyProperties version="4" age="22.28" weight="0.0421" build="0.1932" key="003FCC0FC0FC30128736913589B61069A73F95395441CB54C379C8777072ECF500A316030A669A8B00000000000000000000000000000000000000002F440043" /> <BodyPropertiesMax version="4" age="22.28" weight="0.0421" build="0.9956" key="003FCC0FC0FC30118736913589B61069A73F95395441CB54C379C8777072ECF500FF16030F669A8B00000000000000000000000000000000000000002FFC0043" /> </face>

TLDR; Units seem to honor the “race” key in xml but companion/wanderers do not.

In regards to 1.8’s addition of races: I’ve successfully added a “race” key to the NPCCharacter node of a unit and had that unit spawn as the assigned value to the race key. (In my case a new “giant” race has been added in skins.xml with a larger scaled human skeleton).

However, adding the same “race” key & value to the NPCCharacter node of a template for a companion/wanderer does not result in the companion spawning in as the correct race. Or at least, the race doesn’t use the correct skeleton.

Is this expected behavior and/or are troop body types/skeletons handled differently than companions/wanderers?

If I remove the “race” key from the xml for the new Giant troop, he goes back to the normal size of a human so I know that is what is telling the “character creator” for that unit.

If none of that made sense I’ll edit in the morning with screenshots 😂

Thanks for any help!

Is it possible to mod "starting choices" that you get when creating your character in storymode? And is it also possible to adjust height, culture, equipment to father, brother and so on? I can't seem to figure it out. I thought I found a "storymode_equipment" and changed the npc_tutorial_brother but it didn't have any effect.
Is it possible to do this only modding the xml files or do dll files also have to be modded? (I hope not)

Is it possible to expand the possible values for the "upgrade_requires" attribute? It is required that the player's party be located in a settlement (city, castle).

Last edited:
I am seeking some guidance on trouble shooting an issue with a modded build. I did a search on "My Little Warband" and found a recent mention of it and asked there. But in the interest of increasing my chance of getting guidance I shall quote myself and ask here too:
I'm using version 1.03 of Bannerlord and installed a mod set inspired by one of Strat Gaming's videos

I also added: Arena Overhaul and Marry Anyone.

Initially, I did not notice any performance issues with this list. I did eventually experience a couple of issues which basically have been addressed: (i) CTDs while in the "My Little Warband" (MLW) troop editor, and (ii) crashes at random times. The latter was corrected by turning off the Realistic Battle Mod Tournament Module (conflicts with Arena Overhaul). The former I avoid by exiting the troop editor, and file saving before going back into the troop editor to continue creating a troop tree. It seems to me that MLW has issues with file writing leading to CTDs.

However, as I've played more hours--and in particular after adding Arena Overhaul and Marry Anyone--I've noticed a new issue for which I have not found any solution: CPU loads go up into the 65 to 75% range in certain scenes: primarily campaign map, settlement menu, and arena. The trade menus, tavern, battle maps (including hideout maps) seem to have more normal CPU loads in the 15 to 25% ballpark.

This is not game breaking, but I really don't like to put that much strain on my machine as a routine. So I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for resolving the issue?

Should I just experiment with removing mods one by one? Is it possible a change in load order could fix it? is there a particular mod that stands out as the likely cause of the high CPU loads in those particular game renders?

My fear is that MLW is the source, and that bums me out, cause I really like that mod. One hunch is that: it is the troop tree I've built with that mod (the mod basically allows the player to create their own custom troop tree), because, like I said: I didn't notice any heavy CPU activity until I had played for a while. It may be that after I had built out an extensive troop tree that that is what is causing the heavy CPU loads in certain scenes?

Besides combat and voice sounds in battle. When will it be possible to change other sounds, for example world map and ambient sounds?

Back
Top Bottom