TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

elcapo29

Squire
Best answers
Is there a list of operations kind of like the header_operations that we had with Warband, for when we are coding?

Frigidius

Recruit
Best answers
When I try to edit a particle emitter, I get an error that I cannot modify the emitter, as it is a protected item. That's the whole point of the tool though isn't it?

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Best answers
When I try to edit a particle emitter, I get an error that I cannot modify the emitter, as it is a protected item. That's the whole point of the tool though isn't it?
You can edit instances of the same standard emitter in your scenes. For example, open the Modules/Sandbox/main_map scene and select a waterfall entity. In its inspector you'll find an option to edit instances so you can customise that particular instance of the standard emitter to your precise requirements.

Frigidius

Recruit
Best answers
You can edit instances of the same standard emitter in your scenes. For example, open the Modules/Sandbox/main_map scene and select a waterfall entity. In its inspector you'll find an option to edit instances so you can customise that particular instance of the standard emitter to your precise requirements.
Ah I see, so editing the waterfall emitter in main_map would apply it universally in that scene. I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Frigidius

Recruit
Best answers
However, since I'm trying to edit things in the particle_systems.tpac, that technique won't help. Like editing the way blood puffs work, how would I go about doing that?

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Best answers
However, since I'm trying to edit things in the particle_systems.tpac, that technique won't help. Like editing the way blood puffs work, how would I go about doing that?
I've not tried that. But if it's like everything else, you just need to copy the native asset into you mod's assets folder with the resource browser and rename it so it doesn't overwrite the Native version and edit it as you wish. Hopefully, it's like everything else. Let us know how you get on. :smile:

Frigidius

Recruit
Best answers
I've not tried that. But if it's like everything else, you just need to copy the native asset into you mod's assets folder with the resource browser and rename it so it doesn't overwrite the Native version and edit it as you wish. Hopefully, it's like everything else. Let us know how you get on. :smile:
None of the other mods installed show up in the Resource browser, only Native. I'm trying to learn this system but the modding documentation is very barebones still, going to be a bit interesting