Taleworlds LEGENDARY Blood Bowl Championship - Season 1 underway

Users who are viewing this thread

From my single player travels: werewolves kick ass. As in kmy firsrt game in months against a team with 300 TV over me, a single wolf scores five touchdowns and killed their best player'

Tuckles, I'm pretty free from now. Let me know when you can play. Just in case my mail isn't updating to get your reply in Blood Bowl.

Oh. I'm not in :O

I was sure I signed up. Must have forgotten or something. In any case, internets back if anyone feels like a game :grin:

And the first result is in. My vamps vs Shawn's Ogres is a 1 - 1 draw. An unlucky failed GFI roll (failed the re-roll too :evil:) stopped me going 2 - 0 up in the 11th turn, the ball then going off the pitch handed a chance for the Tossers. Amazingly my team survived the Ogres with only one injury - a broken neck on one of the thralls. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to replace him yet, so I'm stuck with a 1 agility player for the time being.

All in all a fairly good match. Failed two bloodlust rolls without having a handy Thrall to munch on, and the two thralls I did eat suffered nothing worse than a knock down. Shawn was initially fairly lucky with his bonehead rolls, but towards the end he paid for it by failing three in the same turn.

I guess it's an average game if you play Bloodbowl MP often, but IMO watching while your opponent waits for the turn just before half time to score is no fun.

I mean ****, I find BloodBowl to be a fun game to lose, just because so much epicness can happen, but when all you can do is end your turn, or like move a guy closer, while the other guy is basically having a barbecue at your endzone? That's just boring. Boring is not what I look for in games.

Well its a typical bad day for skaven which I can understand. I had a storm vermin killed/smashed collar by a rock once, and got beaten up by norse so bad I let all my rats stay down and let the guy score to preserve my team. I was clicking end turns with my rats down and so was the Norse team who scored only in the last turn of the first half to give me no chance to score in the first half.

Basically I pulled off the 2-1 grind, where the bashier team scores as late as possible in the 1st half to give little time for the opposition to attack in the first half.
I do it, people do it to me, well everyone does it.

His injuries weren't that bad, his luck was a bit bad, 0 rerolls doesn't help.

I understand sometimes Blood Bowl can be frustrating, MNGs(miss next game) injuries on half my High Elf team cos' goblins were extremely lucky with injury rolls while I got a few KOs on them. Team's TV dropped so low I can't find a public match. and disbanded them.

Basically no hard feelings man I understand Blood Bowl can be frustrating sometimes.

Eh,

I always lose at bloodbowl. It was a mix of being able to do nothing (I couldn't grab the ball, nor could I do any fighting, so basically it was just "end turn") and having a bad day that just put me off the game.

Tuckles said:
I guess it's an average game if you play Bloodbowl MP often, but IMO watching while your opponent waits for the turn just before half time to score is no fun.

It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. And like all old tricks, it has about six hundred counters. My favourite is simply ganging up, dropping and fouling his team members to death. Yeah, let's see you keep a 1 - 0 lead when you're only fielding 3 players for the next half :twisted:

Skaven are a tricky team to play though. If you want to send me the replay I'll see if I can give you some hints. After your next match anyway :razz:

I wouldn't give up after one match though. You'll always have the odd match that sucks, particularly if the die roll against you, but then you'll have epic moments where you're snotling manages to decapitate a minotaur too. Plus, in week three you have my vampires to face, which will inevitably be hilarious one way or the other. I'm due a massive bloodlust fail streak ....

EDIT - Looking at the roster one of the problems is your team composition. Gutter Runners are better throwers than the actual throwers, who are basically linerats with the pass skill. Having two throwers alongside four gutter runners is pretty much a waste of cash, I'd generally go three runners and a single thrower at most, and even then the thrower would only be fielded when playing against one of the pass heavy teams.
You want to buy a few more linerats and swap out a couple of gutter runners and one of the throwers in your starting lineup, particularly against bash teams. Oh, and rotate the thrower and GR positions between the one's you already have. Being skaven their life expectancy is about one season, so if you can get a decent skill progression on the B team it can smooth out the point where they find themselves promoted (although I'd be tempted to just let the throwers die of violent causes and focus on the runners myself, but that's personal choice, there's plenty of viable ways to use throwers in the team, particularly when they skill up). Until you rebalance you can expect a kicking if you try and face a bashing team head on, so make like a Skaven and fight decidedly dirty.

The problem is in my crappy mood, I had quit the league. Dunno if I can rejoin it. Sorry about that. I'm only now (after a crappy dinner) recovering from the mood.

I'm basically defaulting against the other 2 guys I'm playing against I guess. Maybe next time. I'll go play a bit with my bro when I go to the States.

Try rejoining. I still see you in the league though with a red highlight.

Not sure if I've hit a bug, my team profile is showing as if I hadn't played a match yesterday, although I see the match result in the league window. While it means my thrall has recovered from his broken neck, it also means my treasury is still empty. WTF.

It's something about teams updating when the league admin verifies match results or at the end of all matches in the match day. I'm not too sure.

I played in another mini league, the results show on the calender but the teams didn't update at first, something about league admin needing to verify for teams to update. I'll login BB and ask on public chat.

Edit:Heard league admin needs to confirm things.

Back
Top Bottom