Taleworlds, it's time to shut down this multiplayer

Should TW shut down all multiplayer servers immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 79 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 45.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

All that would change from leaving tw alone with mp for a few months is the reintroduction of crushthough on all 2h.

Jokes aside tw decision makers have proven time and again that they actively want what is bad for the game as a whole. whether they realize that or not is beyond me but they definitely should not be left alone developing their own game

Recently there was a combat test in the beta state of the game with a lot of changes towards the combat and other things. They are working on adding a really big MP update.I must agree with all of you that they are one of the slowest dev teams ever but they are working on big changes have some patience.

This is a non solution

They're not gonna improve the MP in any way by shutting it down as we've already seen that they have no idea what they're ****ing doing. What little sense there is left they put in balancing, they use feedback from MP players on discord and they can't even get that right.

If you think the MP is gonna be worth playing by full release, shut-down or not, you're deluded

Recently there was a combat test in the beta state of the game with a lot of changes towards the combat and other things. They are working on adding a really big MP update.I must agree with all of you that they are one of the slowest dev teams ever but they are working on big changes have some patience.
Heard this story so many times during beta and now early access.

Reject TW, embrace doomer lifestyle

let me guess, a "big update" with only small balance fixes LMAO

Does this include the full removal of class sytem ? Because if not it is a garbage can update that is incoming.

They just need to close down Captains mode or skirmish its pointless to have 2 modes that do the same thing and are played the same way.

While I like to believe this I will forever remain skeptical about such claims. We've seen this a dozen times where even TaleWorlds claim that something good is coming. TaleWorlds will in my eyes forever be the company that ignores community feedback to manifest their own poor ideas of what the game should be. For the sake of everyone here, I hope you're right. But to everyone reading this I urge you not to get your hopes up even a little, it might just save your mental

There's absolutely no point to shutting it down, and doing so would completely kill off the game for the few players left that actually enjoy it. Is this just to be dramatic or do people really think this will achieve something?

Shutting down MP would give the devs more freedom to make drastic changes which are needed to revive the MP. I think this is the best solution since the MP isn't updated regularly enough or populated to warrant keeping the servers running. On the bright side there are hundreds, possibly thousands of players still enjoying Warband MP. Maybe give free copies of Warband out to keep people happy while they work on MP.

I really want to love multiplayer since I love single player but I can't, its too damn bad, flawed and frustrating and there are better alternative.

Here are some of my issues:

Skirmish:
-I play with randoms vs. a clan every third game, so random guys of various skill levels with no communication vs a clan with voice chat and hand picked higher skilled players, fun? I think not. There is still not any group matchmaking, its basically get a clan or suffer the consequences.
-Combat of pro players basically comes down to feigning swings and in this game your character looks like he has a stroke mid swing, it does not look immersive or natural at all, it looks silly and stiff.
-There is no strategy except for sticking together, no master plan, no notable advantageous map positions worth fighting for, nothing.
-You can ambush people by using third person around corners so basically you see them while your character is looking into a wall 1 cm in front of him, immersive? Its just bad

Captain:
-Poor map design and size. There are only one or two maps big and open enough that make cavalry and especially archers semi useful.
-Poor unit balance and poor ai. Archers are too easily manipulated and all on various levels of sucking apart from Khuzait and Empire thanks to their armor and melee weapons. 1 player with a cav will make your archers keep switching from melee to bow making them useless while the rest of your team die.
-Strategy. Winning strategy is basically stay together, be aggressive with a mix of shield and two handed units, this "strategy" can only be beaten by a faction of better two handed and shield units. There is no benefit to flanking since the enemy can just push either direction together and win it that way.

I could go on but don't see the reason, I don't see the reason if you really want to play medieval melee games to not play something else like Mordhau or perhaps Chivalry 2. Only MP unique thing this game has to offer vs. other games is captain mode and having units under your command but the maps are bad, ai stupid and no real strategy involved.

I do love single player though so there is that.

I really want to love multiplayer since I love single player but I can't, its too damn bad, flawed and frustrating and there are better alternative.

Here are some of my issues:

Skirmish:
-I play with randoms vs. a clan every third game, so random guys of various skill levels with no communication vs a clan with voice chat and hand picked higher skilled players, fun? I think not. There is still not any group matchmaking, its basically get a clan or suffer the consequences.
-Combat of pro players basically comes down to feigning swings and in this game your character looks like he has a stroke mid swing, it does not look immersive or natural at all, it looks silly and stiff.
-There is no strategy except for sticking together, no master plan, no notable advantageous map positions worth fighting for, nothing.
-You can ambush people by using third person around corners so basically you see them while your character is looking into a wall 1 cm in front of him, immersive? Its just bad

Captain:
-Poor map design and size. There are only one or two maps big and open enough that make cavalry and especially archers semi useful.
-Poor unit balance and poor ai. Archers are too easily manipulated and all on various levels of sucking apart from Khuzait and Empire thanks to their armor and melee weapons. 1 player with a cav will make your archers keep switching from melee to bow making them useless while the rest of your team die.
-Strategy. Winning strategy is basically stay together, be aggressive with a mix of shield and two handed units, this "strategy" can only be beaten by a faction of better two handed and shield units. There is no benefit to flanking since the enemy can just push either direction together and win it that way.

I could go on but don't see the reason, I don't see the reason if you really want to play medieval melee games to not play something else like Mordhau or perhaps Chivalry 2. Only MP unique thing this game has to offer vs. other games is captain mode and having units under your command but the maps are bad, ai stupid and no real strategy involved.

I do love single player though so there is that.
The issue is skirmish and captain on itself, they are not what mount and blade is about. Those are gamemodes for the sweats who want to show their skill around instead of being considered insignificant in the great siege battles.

Ego boost is what skirmish and captain mode are, being a meaningless, useless, pathetic little soldier is what is it about

e02f1d3f502f65e57535635b04282bdf.jpg

this isnt twitter im not going to put a trigger warning to each of my posts we're all grown ups here
What makes you say that? The game is rated T.

Why not merge them? Then it would be like... skirmish mode with bots.
Isnt Captains already being played like Skirmish? Ramboing still dominates the mode right?

The issue is skirmish and captain on itself, they are not what mount and blade is about. Those are gamemodes for the sweats who want to show their skill around instead of being considered insignificant in the great siege battles.

Ego boost is what skirmish and captain mode are, being a meaningless, useless, pathetic little soldier is what is it about
I miss warband - napoleonic wars strategy and battle development because that "captain"/commander battle mode was absolutely fantastic, the game kinda didn't age too well unfortunately and frankly looked kinda bad at the time as well. I'm sure siege will be better but I doubt it will save the game's MP mode and its small player base, there are too many better alternatives.

Last edited:
The number of people who think shutting down MP is
Sad!
The suggestion is of shutting down MP is a trash decision and I still do not understand why in the world someone would think of this.

1) There is no faith that the devs will ever reach the destination at their pace. They take 1 step forward and 3 steps back. So shutting down the game will arguably make the game worse because we know how they love to ignore the community and only after x amount of months perhaps give in to the community. What makes you think that they will perfectly fix the game and implement the right decisions the community has been rooting for? Multiplayer mods are the only thing that kept Warband alive and the mods are what is going to save Bannerlord MP.

2) Shutting down the game leads to the lack of player engagement on how the game can be improved. Analytics are necessary in order to understand what is going on with the game such as crash reports and other stuff. If one lets a select few play the game to test the decisions then the decision-maker still won't care about the opinion of the veterans who tell the developers what is good and bad in the game. A lot of the veterans kept emphasizing the problems and they were ignored.

3) Even if your game is considered a stain on your resume you should put your head into the game and fix it. That what happened with games like NoMans Sky. Shutting down the game completely is honestly the last nail in the coffin that will never let the community recover.

4)The whole shutting down MP will just expedite the SP experience and still keep MP dead.

Instead of shutting down MP, we should just dedicate an entire update for MP. Have the competent programmers and animators in SP focus on MP for 10 months and the game will recover.

Back
Top Bottom