Taleworlds: Is this all we can expect?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem to me that pepole that keep making these threads are just seeking attention, they just keep saying what has been said before and making pointless speculations to get into internet fights. The main forum has looked like this for the last couple of months.

Normal thread
Replies:20
Views:3k

OMG!GAME BAD, TALEWORDS BAD
Replies:645
Views:50k

Normal thread
Replies:20
Views:3k

But what if development no finish?
Replies:462
Views:42k

Its helplessness and desperation, not seeking attention. Now, mind me, I've not created a single post here, but I absolutely get where they're coming from. The players dont feel listened to, the dev's are mostly keeping silent and the updates that get asked about or are promised to be delivered turn out to be more bug-fixes. When will this game, most people waited so long for, finally be ready? So they downplay their hope, turn a bit bitter at the wasted excitement and show their disappointment on this forum, again, not to seek attention, but to display their disgruntlement.
And again, I get it. I feel disgruntled, disappointed and dissatisfied as well. And I'm not alone.

And again, I get it. I feel disgruntled, disappointed and dissatisfied as well. And I'm not alone.
Glad to see these posts are becoming less of a troll defense and more of a protest to what we have been served
EZl1DKf.jpg
@Qwezz Sometimes people need to be told they are doing a sh*t job so they can attempt to make it better. Despite my aggressive cynical nature, I'll never get mad at a cashier on minimum wage. But I will call it how I see it without sympathy for a million dollar company who cannot get their sh*t together.

Sometimes what is needed is a carrot, when that fails sometimes you need to use the stick.

I mean it's either we get to play with the half done game or we would still be twiddling our thumbs waiting on a proper release. No one can speculate or know why it's taking a long time for Bannerlord to be done.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be a long time before it's truly done. Several years is my reckoning.

I mean it's either we get to play with the half done game or we would still be twiddling our thumbs waiting on a proper release. No one can speculate or know why it's taking a long time for Bannerlord to be done.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be a long time before it's truly done. Several years is my reckoning.

The size of the patches the last two weeks (in terms of content and fixes) has me thinking a year and a half to two years.

You paid 20 cents/hour for entertainment and think you got a bad bargain?

You didn't pay 20 cents an hour, you paid for a game. Any extra enjoyment you got out of it was mostly your own ingenuity and imagination taking over. For instance if you give a cardboard box to a child they can get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it and have more fun than most adults will playing a game like bannerlord. In my eyes this doesn't mean that the cardboard box is worth £40, or that you somehow got £0.01 per hour of fun. It's very reductive to think this way. Usage value to the buyer and actual price are two different things. Didn't you read Das Kapital? :razz:

Personally I was completely done with bannerlord after about 10 hours. I couldn't bear to play any more of the mindless drudgery after I'd seen everything the game had to offer 3 times over. I didn't buy the game either, my sister did. But honestly streaming the game with my friends and laughing at the bugs and terrible dialogue was worth more than any pricetag. Games may die off and get abandoned, but the memories of laughing my ass off at bugs will stay forever.

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. It's my naive hopeful side which continues to post.
The size of the patches the last two weeks (in terms of content and fixes) has me thinking a year and a half to two years.
This is what has me pessimistic. I've played alot, enough to see the rate of change, the depth and extent of some of the 'fixes'. It does not inspire confidence.

Glad to see these posts are becoming less of a troll defense and more of a protest to what we have been served

@Qwezz Sometimes people need to be told they are doing a sh*t job so they can attempt to make it better. Despite my aggressive cynical nature, I'll never get mad at a cashier on minimum wage. But I will call it how I see it without sympathy for a million dollar company who cannot get their sh*t together.

Sometimes what is needed is a carrot, when that fails sometimes you need to use the stick.
Lmao stop trying to put yourself in a higher place just because you insult people that work in a company from an anonymous user, you're not doing a protest you're just posting angry rants that go nowhere and discuss nothing, people have been criticizing the game and making suggestions with actual content to talk about, things that are relevant and that raise questions to the developers instead of directly telling them they're crap, and no, that doesn't achieve something unless you're actually moving against an actual company with actual ****ty practices, you could do that against EA, against terrible practices like crunch or microtransactions, but instead you're here insulting a company you deem it's millionaire??? You do know videogames take money to make and just because a lot of people bought this game doesn't stop this company from being indie and self developed, in fact is well known Armagan, the director of this company is as hard working as every other person, so this is not a company that sells **** and then runs away with the money.
This smash on the keyboard you've posted is just you trying to compensate for your anger in real life for who knows why, but you can clearly tell you're in these forums to do nothing but to express your inner anger, which really makes me wonder why haven't you left, or why haven't you been banned since more posts of you literally contribute nothing and well achieve nothing.
If anyone cares about this game, it's time we start ignoring these threads and focus in the important ones, you know, actual critiques, and much needed feedback for the devs (that are still working in the game and will keep doing so, despite this cynical person efforts to say otherwise)

Lmao stop trying to put yourself in a higher place just because you insult people that work in a company from an anonymous user, you're not doing a protest you're just posting angry rants that go nowhere and discuss nothing, people have been criticizing the game and making suggestions with actual content to talk about, things that are relevant and that raise questions to the developers instead of directly telling them they're crap, and no, that doesn't achieve something unless you're actually moving against an actual company with actual ****ty practices, you could do that against EA, against terrible practices like crunch or microtransactions, but instead you're here insulting a company you deem it's millionaire??? You do know videogames take money to make and just because a lot of people bought this game doesn't stop this company from being indie and self developed, in fact is well known Armagan, the director of this company is as hard working as every other person, so this is not a company that sells **** and then runs away with the money.
This smash on the keyboard you've posted is just you trying to compensate for your anger in real life for who knows why, but you can clearly tell you're in these forums to do nothing but to express your inner anger, which really makes me wonder why haven't you left, or why haven't you been banned since more posts of you literally contribute nothing and well achieve nothing.
If anyone cares about this game, it's time we start ignoring these threads and focus in the important ones, you know, actual critiques, and much needed feedback for the devs (that are still working in the game and will keep doing so, despite this cynical person efforts to say otherwise)
Does your native language not contain 'hypocrite'?

Does your native language not contain 'hypocrite'?
Hypocrite how lool, I've made quite a lot of posts criticizing taleworlds, but most of them try to achieve something other than saying "TW" bad, and if I ever go too far I apologise for it, but at least I have the decency to do so

Hypocrite how lool
Lmao stop trying to put yourself in a higher place

This smash on the keyboard you've posted is just you trying to compensate for your anger in real life for who knows why, but you can clearly tell you're in these forums to do nothing but to express your inner incel, which really makes me wonder why haven't you left, or why haven't you been banned since more posts of you literally contribute nothing and well achieve nothing.
There you go.
Your not trying to contribute here with your constant non sequiters, your merely trying to incite those who approach this problem in alternative manner you dont approve of. Please continue your begging for a bowl of gruel approach if you think its working. Evidence indicates otherwise.

Last edited:
Cmon at least try a new troll.

EA definition on wikipedia:
"Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game."

On Steam for Bannerlord:
"WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:
Why Early Access?
“Early access is something that we are very familiar with: our first title, Mount & Blade, helped to pioneer this method of release back in 2005. By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.

We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well."

Last edited:

Nailed it.

Cmon at least try a new troll.

EA definition on wikipedia:
"Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game."

On Steam for Bannerlord:
"WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:
Why Early Access?
“Early access is something that we are very familiar with: our first title, Mount & Blade, helped to pioneer this method of release back in 2005. By working alongside our community we were able to deliver a unique gaming experience that players still enjoy to this day. These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.

We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well."
You should actually read that blog post through before commenting and calling it a troll post. It clearly states that some parts of the game will not be worked on, at the start. They are on standby to be worked on once other issues are dealt with. Therefore we can expect to see quite a few changes to the game in the next six months.

As to their using feedback, that is one of the issues with perks, as they changed a lot of them due to player feedback on them and thus slowed down the process of them working.

You attitude towards those who do not agree with you is giving Takedo a bad name.

They only thing you are actually achieving with this type of thread is obfuscating threads with actual content and getting people to come here and mock you and your man-child tantrum.

Imagine yourself, in your own free time after working for at least 8 hours, deciding to go to the forum and read up on what people think about the project you have been working on and then finding threads like yours all over, do you think it helps in any way? Would you keep coming back to read this ****?

There you go.
Your not trying to contribute here with your constant non sequiters, your merely trying to incite those who approach this problem in alternative manner you dont approve of. Please continue your begging for a bowl of gruel approach if you think its working. Evidence indicates otherwise.
Bro I'm just exposing your crap you call protest for what it truly is, but I'm seeing that, like all of your threads, this leads nowhwere so yeah this is my last response, have fun being banned with good reason... Again lol.

Revverie, everyone on this forum cares about this game deeply, which is exactly why these threads are made in the first place.

Players are expressing their anger in the only way they know how, as a last resort in the hope to get noticed. Actual critiques and much needed feedback for the dev's dont appear to get listened to. There are tons of threads with suggestions and what-to-improve. Lets not forget the countless of mods that have been made that put all these things in the game already. Work with those modders and implement their changes.

If the dev's would be more transparent in what they can and cant or will and wont do it would lead to more understanding.

Understanding leads to co-operation, misunderstanding leads to opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom